TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cabbageboy

NFL Week 13

Here are the games for NFL Week 13, followed by the usual predictions and comments.

Thursday 8:00:

Baltimore (9-2) vs. Cincinnati (6-5): Ravens are on a roll but the Bengals still have some life. I can't help but think the Bengals manage to win this one at home by 7.

Sunday 1:00:

Kansas City (7-4) at Cleveland (3-8): KC is seemingly on track and the Browns obviously suck, but I sense this will be closer than expected. Chiefs by 4.

Detroit (2-9) at New England (8-3): This one is the closest thing to a no brainer for the week. Pats by 17.

NY Jets (6-5) at Green Bay (4-7): The Jets are a very up and down team, and I have a hunch the Packers will have something left at home. Green Bay by 6.

Indianapolis (10-1) at Tennessee (4-7): Are the Titans on a patented Jobber Roll? Could be possible. That said I can't in good conscience pick them here. Colts by 10.

Arizona (2-9) at St. Louis (5-6): The Rams definitely need to take care of business here if they harbor any playoff hopes. Rams by 9.

Atlanta (5-6) at Washington (4-7): I have no idea what to think of this one. The Falcons are reeling at this point, so what the hell....Skins by 3.

San Diego (9-2) at Buffalo (5-6): The Bills are actually pretty tough at home, could it be a possible Jobber Roll? I will go out on a slight limb here and say the Bills win in an upset by 4.

Minnesota (5-6) at Chicago (9-2): The Bears are bound to be pissed off here and the Vikings aren't anything special. Bears in a beating by 14 at least.

San Francisco (5-6) at New Orleans (7-4): The Niners have improved this year, but the Saints are still a better team. Saints hold serve at home by 10.

4:00:

Houston (3-8) at Oakland (2-9): Oh...my....god. Has ever a worse game graced the human race? Raiders get that elusive 3rd win in a 13-10 clunker.

Jacksonville (6-5) at Miami (5-6): The Dolphins are in serious Jobber Roll territory here, and in fact it might actually morph into a playoff run. Jacksonville is crap on the road, so I'll go with Miami by 3.

Tampa Bay (3-8) at Pittsburgh (4-7): Another crappy matchup. Can't help but think the Steelers will manage a win here though, let's say by 7.

Dallas (7-4) at NY Giants (6-5): Stick a fork in the Giants, they are done. Dallas will pay them back from the earlier loss by 10.

Seattle (7-4) at Denver (7-4): The Cutler Era begins in Denver, hard to know what will happen here. Still can't see the Broncos losing 3 in a row, so I'll take them by 6.

Monday 8:30:

Carolina (6-5) at Philadelphia (5-6): Blah, the Eagles without McNabb. This is a fairly boring game but can't see the Panthers not winning here. Carolina by 12.

If Matt Cassel isn't handing the ball off by the 5 minute mark in the fourth on Sunday, something is seriously wrong.

When do the Saturday games start?

Guest Princess Leena

I'll play this week:

Baltimore (9-2) vs. Cincinnati (6-5): It should be a cold, rainy, windy, miserable Thursday night in Cincy. That just helps Baltimore's chances. Jamal Lewis finally looks to be back, and the Ravens are just scary on both sides of the ball. BAL 23-10.

Kansas City (7-4) at Cleveland (3-8): CLE must be faded after last week's abysmal performance, and the team is in total disarray. Plus, KC has lots to play for here. I'll say they don't lay the usual egg like they usually do in these types of games. They still have little margin for error in the playoff race. KC 27-7.

Detroit (2-9) at New England (8-3): It's obvious who wins here... but, I think DET keeps it within the 14 point spread. Considering they have the long rest, and I just don't think NE is that dominant enough to be 2 TD favorites over anyone. Even more so since they have to recover from the damaging Bears game. NE 31-20.

NY Jets (6-5) at Green Bay (4-7): GB is coming off a Monday nighter. The AFC has proven to be the better conference. GB's home advantage has been negligable this year. My only issue is that GB's main weakness is run defense, and who will accomplish that for NYJ. But, I like them anyway. NYJ 27, GB 24.

Indianapolis (10-1) at Tennessee (4-7): I still don't think VY is an NFL starting QB. And he'd need a perfect game to beat Indy, which he hasn't come close to yet. Like Indy big here. IND 45, TEN 13.

Arizona (2-9) at St. Louis (5-6): STL big here. ARI's defense is shit, and Bulger should have an enormous game. Poor Edge will probably get like 8 carries again this week. Leinart racks up some nice garbage stats. STL 42, ARI 31.

Atlanta (5-6) at Washington (4-7): Yuck... two pathetic teams. WAS is playing so many backups that it's hard to take them, but I can't take a rapidly falling ATL team in a road situation like this. WAS 16, ATL 13.

San Diego (9-2) at Buffalo (5-6): I have to listen to my head over my heart in this one. Losman is showing improvements... but, the Bills are still quite an inept offense, and their special teams can't carry them forever. Plus, LT LT LT against a weak run defense. Uh-oh. He's so good. He cannot be stopped. I want to make babies with LaDainian. SD 27, BUF 20.

Minnesota (5-6) at Chicago (9-2): This game will SUCK. MIN's losses are usually very close, and low scoring shitfests. I'm quickly losing faith in Grossman. This just looks like a brutal 13-10 game. CHI 13, MIN 10.

San Francisco (5-6) at New Orleans (7-4): I'm not sure why I always fade on the Saints... but, yeah. SF needs this game, and I just see GORE GORE GORE having a huge 250 yard, 0 TD game. SF 27, NO 24.

Houston (3-8) at Oakland (2-9): Houston may be the worst road team in the league. If there's a spot where OAK should connect offensively, this is it. Plus, I see no way that HOU can move the ball much on OAK. OAK 34, HOU 10.

Jacksonville (6-5) at Miami (5-6): With the way both teams are trending lately, MIA should win here. But, I hate them. So, nyah. And Joey Harrington has to be Joey Harrington eventually. Especially since MIA will be without Ronnie Brown. JAX 24, MIA 20.

Tampa Bay (3-8) at Pittsburgh (4-7): TB can't score. PIT 24, TB 6.

Dallas (7-4) at NY Giants (6-5): NYG is reeling. Their defense has many injuries. DAL is getting beloved by the media, and OMG Tony Romo is fucking some bimbo. NYG's backs are against the wall, they're dying, etc... so, that's why I'm taking them. That's the way these annoying NFC East things usually go. NYG 28, DAL 17.

Seattle (7-4) at Denver (7-4): A Seattle team finally getting its stars back, vs. a rookie QB making his first start. Gotta play the odds here. SEA 35, DEN 24.

Carolina (6-5) at Philadelphia (5-6): Yuck. Delhomme is making lots of stupid plays lately, and CAR lines are looking weak. This also looks like a spot where PHI will get beneficial officiating. So, whatever. PHI 23, CAR 16.

Yeesh, another awful lineup this week. NYG/DAL and SEA/DEN could be good, as could NYJ/GB. Everything else is pretty blah.

Guest Agent of Oblivion
Detroit (2-9) at New England (8-3): It's obvious who wins here... but, I think DET keeps it within the 14 point spread. Considering they have the long rest, and I just don't think NE is that dominant enough to be 2 TD favorites over anyone. Even more so since they have to recover from the damaging Bears game. NE 31-20.

That's a good call, I think. Brady's still throwing some bad balls, and that whole team got beat the fuck up.

Minnesota (5-6) at Chicago (9-2): This game will SUCK. MIN's losses are usually very close, and low scoring shitfests. I'm quickly losing faith in Grossman. This just looks like a brutal 13-10 game. CHI 13, MIN 10.

I don't see this happening, though. Last week was the only time this season an entire TEAM put up over 300 yards against the Bears, which is just a disgustingly insane statistic. How many QBs alone threw for 300 the past couple weeks? Grossman's going to use this game as a confidence builder. Expect a slaughter.

Guest Princess Leena
Just in case people forget, Shawne Merriman returns this week, so that should bump up the Chargers defense a bit.

Indeed. Picked him up on all my IDP fantasy teams in the past 2 days.

Expect at least one sack of Losman. Matchup is as good as it gets.

If the weather's nasty it'll be like the Denver MNF game earlier for the Ravens. The Ravens have never played well in bad weather. I was hoping the storm system would hold off but I guess not..

Maybe, but it should be low-scoring, which would seem to benefit the Ravens rather than the Bengals.

Guest Princess Leena

1 to 2 inches of rain is expected in CIN, Thursday night. It's gonna be a mess. Damnit.

I suck at picking games but I'll try again

Baltimore (9-2) vs. Cincinnati (6-5): Cincy in a good old-fashioned barnburner

Kansas City (7-4) at Cleveland (3-8): KC over the human turnover machine Frye. Another field day for LJ.

Detroit (2-9) at New England (8-3): This is the type of game the Lions usually win to give their fans false hope but they already had that game against the Falcons. Kitna gets sacked about 47 times in this one

NY Jets (6-5) at Green Bay (4-7): I'm feeling GB in this one

Indianapolis (10-1) at Tennessee (4-7): Indy in a closer than expected game

Arizona (2-9) at St. Louis (5-6): No way the Rams lose at home to the Cards. Should be a high-scoring game though

Atlanta (5-6) at Washington (4-7): Falcons get back to basics and start utilizing the little guy again

San Diego (9-2) at Buffalo (5-6): J.P.'s dream run ends here against "Lights Out" LT continues to win me more fantasy matchups

Minnesota (5-6) at Chicago (9-2): Bears won't be able to run against the Williams boys and Grossman has stunk up the joint lately. This is my upset of the week

San Francisco (5-6) at New Orleans (7-4): I'll go with the Saints here since they're at home

Houston (3-8) at Oakland (2-9): Mario adds another sack or two, but the Raiders pick up the W.

Jacksonville (6-5) at Miami (5-6): Even though the Jags have been Jekyll and hyde all year, I cannot, in good faith, trust Joey against this Jags D

Tampa Bay (3-8) at Pittsburgh (4-7): Bucs are just eh. I'll go with Pitt at home

Dallas (7-4) at NY Giants (6-5):Giants are in a classic situation where they can circle the wagons and pull off a win that no one thinks they can get. Not gonna happen. Romo-mania continues

Seattle (7-4) at Denver (7-4): Seattle still hasn't completely turned the corner yet. I think Cutler, like most of the other first time QB's, is gonna put on a good show.

Carolina (6-5) at Philadelphia (5-6): Steve Smith. That is all

10 minutes into the game and I already hate NFL network's coverage.

Its good in HD although the graphics suck...just kinda bleh..But its better than S/MNF cause they aren't pimping out other shows that have nothing to do with football. Bryant Gumble is ok..I dont get all the hate on him from last week. Collinsworth is passable.

Guest Felonies!

Its good in HD although the graphics suck...just kinda bleh..But its better than S/MNF cause they aren't pimping out other shows that have nothing to do with football. Bryant Gumble is ok..I dont get all the hate on him from last week. Collinsworth is passable.

I highly doubt that it's better than Sunday Night Football. From what I've observed heretofore, you're not really qualified to judge the quality of anything on television.

I highly doubt that it's better than Sunday Night Football. From what I've observed heretofore, you're not really qualified to judge the quality of anything on television.

Meh..Ive never been a Madden person but NBC's coverage is ok. Its just great that there haven't been any ads for shows unrelated to football. The NBC pregame highlights show is great though when I get time to watch it.

For Marvin, "pretty"=quality tv. No, the announcers are horrible, the camera work reminds me of a cable access production of a middle school scrimmage and the crowd is horribly mic'd and not to mention the boring graphics.

I feel like I'm watching FSN.

I was gonna say.."But its in HD!" but FSN has HD football games too that Ive seen. I'll agree on the graphics..its just blah..

That McNair run was beautiful..at least set up the Ravens for a FG to get on the board before halftime.

I can't believe people are hating on the NFL network coverage. This is really the only NFL announcing crew I can stand. They sound like they actually know something about football and enhance the game, rather than someone like John Madden where it sounds like someone's playing statements recorded from his video game or something. This is far and away my favorite crew to watch a game with.

As for the actual game, I've been enjoying it for now. Even though it's been low-scoring, the offenses (OK Cincy) has been moving the ball well, and the game's been exciting. I also bet on Cincy -3 which probably is the main reason for my happiness with the game thus far.