TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Star Ocean 3

NHL Thread: It's December Now.

St Louis gave up pretty much after they had their consecutive playoff births snapped. Its been all downhill since for them.

I'd also like to say its more so when Al McInnis retired, since that was around the same time.

Were they ever sold? I might be thinking of Anaheim, but I remember them being put up for sale a few years ago, and I'm pretty sure they were indeed re-bought....but that might be the Ducks I'm thinking of.

Guest Felonies!

Yeah, Richard Nixon's dog Checkers bought the Blues. Or maybe it was a guy named Checkers.

Thanks, Czech.

New out of the BOG meetings:

-Absolutely no to the changing of the playoff format, in the sense that 1-8 would automatically play 4-5 in the second round, and 2-7 play 3-6....which I liked.

- Cap to go up, anywhere between 46-47.5 million, next Canada Day.

- Depending on who you ask, progress/no progress made in a new schedule. They'll re-discuss it in January during the All-Star break. One idea, The Score reports, that made some talk was six against each divisional team (32), then one home and one away against every other team.

- Depending on who you ask, progress/no progress made in a new schedule. They'll re-discuss it in January during the All-Star break. One idea, The Score reports, that made some talk was six against each divisional team (32), then one home and one away against every other team.

That's interesting. I like that proposal. I think every team should host every other team once.

I don't know, though, why they don't just adopt an NBA-style schedule. The leagues are structured exactly the same. You'd think Gary Bettman would have thought of that.

Guest Felonies!

I think this is the first shootout I've ever watched, save the 2003 ASG. Who are the shitfuckers that said we need to keep ties? Even if the Hawks lost, man, this was good stuff.

Guest Princess Leena

Sabres won at Tampa Bay.

They're the best team in the NHL. Basically never lose unless they have back-to-back games.

That's interesting. I like that proposal. I think every team should host every other team once.

I don't know, though, why they don't just adopt an NBA-style schedule. The leagues are structured exactly the same. You'd think Gary Bettman would have thought of that.

Pardon my basketball ignorance...what do you mean by NBA-style?

Check out highlights of the Hawks-Wild shootout. I don't even know who got the winner, but you'll never find such homer-ism from an announcer ever again. Granted, it was a beautiful goal, and I don't mind a little home-team bias from a play-by-play guy, but I'm drawing the line, spin-o-rama or not, at "Take THAT, Denis Savard!"

- Points in four straight for the Chitown.

Treble and Barron, is your finger on the panic button yet?

Guest Felonies!
Check out highlights of the Hawks-Wild shootout. I don't even know who got the winner, but you'll never find such homer-ism from an announcer ever again. Granted, it was a beautiful goal, and I don't mind a little home-team bias from a play-by-play guy, but I'm drawing the line, spin-o-rama or not, at "Take THAT, Denis Savard!"

That was a national broadcast. What home team bias?

That was a national broadcast. What home team bias?

Really? I'll put some mayonnaise on the foot I'm eating then. That still seemed awfully one-sided.

- Points in four straight for the Chitown.

Treble and Barron, is your finger on the panic button yet?

This is the same shit that was happening last year that kept them out of the playoffs. Losing games they had leads in and going into a huge funk. Fuck, I was listening to the game on my first break at work last night, 2-0 at the end of the second. Go back out for lunch, check the score, 5-2. I don't think I want to see the highlights.

Pardon my basketball ignorance...what do you mean by NBA-style?

They play four games against divisional opponents, either three or four games against other conference opponents, and two games against teams from the other conference.

I told CG that Atlanta will score five goals in the third period last night against the Leafs, and they did.

So to all Leaf fans, who's worse. Hal Gill or Aki Berg?

Guest Princess Leena

So, what did you to Rob to cause him to blow for a decade, then come back.

The Habs stumble enough in the third to allow the Devils into OT, then still-hated-from-the-2004-Juniors-Zach-Parise gets the winner.

I'll take the point, especially the way Devils-Habs games usually go. Not only that, five days from now, I'll really take that point. Montreal should have beat Boston, especially after coming back from a three-goal deficit. We always lose to New Jersey and seem to struggle with Long Island and Buffalo, our next two opponents. I'm not panicking by any means, but this means five games in four cities in seven days....I'll take any points we can get during this week.

Martin Havlat comes back on Sunday from his ankle injury.

Manny Legace is gone at least a week for the Blues. Someone fired a shot at his head in practice and knocked him out. He had to go to the hospital.

Bruins trailed 1-0 going into the third. Three unanswered goals later and Aubin is smashing his stick against the goal post and Sundin throws a temper tantrum in the hallway as the Bruins win 3-1.

Andrew Alberts is developing into the top four defenseman that his potential has suggested. He made three or four very, very solid veteran plays tonight. You almost forget that the guy is 25 and has 1 year of NHL experience with the way he's come on lately. I think it's being paired with Chara on a nightly basis and Z's work ethic is rubbing off on him, much in the same vein as Chris Phillips.

Habs win tonight, thanks to Captain Koivu netting two goals and getting a helper.

As for the Leafs game. If it wasn't for Thomas or Aubin this game could have been ugly for both teams.