Best part of the show:

*Flair spitting in Edge's face

*Victoria biting one of Torrie's finger nails off

W.

G.

T.

T.

Yea but Haas just looks so....shitty.

They're not the WGTT until Haas goes back cleancut. Or at least something a little less raggedy then now.

Somethimes wrestling logic annoys me. Why does the Ref yell at Trips and Flair, when Orton was the one who came in (in front of the ref) and RKO'd HBK?

I'll try to explain the reason the best I can, hopefully it makes sense. Even though Orton ran into the ring and RKO'd HBK, Orton got right back out afterwards and since Orton was already out of the ring, the Ref worried more about Flair and HHH who were just then were getting into the ring.

As a ref, who would you worry more about? The guy who just ran in and ran back out, or the two illegal guys who are now getting into the ring? I'm sure the ref gave Randy a warning but it had to be during the commerical break.

Raw was actually watchable last night. Kenny needs to quit getting beaten around in every match if the WWE actually wants to make a star out of him. Johnny Nitro is getting crammed down our throats, and was pretty much in a glorified squash match last night against Cena. I'm thinking that was Umaga's best match last night against Hardy. They need to make a tag team out of Victoria and Mickie James (crazy version).

Guest Toddiwod

Maybe its just me, and if I'm the only one, so be it... but I'm REALLY tired of Umaga. Yeah, I know he hasn't really been on the WWE scene for very long, but I just don't "feel it" with him. Yeah, whoo... he's big and crazy and mean, I get it. I just don't think he's the right heel for Cena, as he has absolutely no ability to cut a real promo with any sort of bad-guy charisma. I know a lot of people really don't like Cena, especially on this board, but I think he's alright. My favorite heel for Cena was definitely Triple H, leading up to WM 22. Umaga can't even come close to that. Sorry to any Umaga fans, but the guy is just flat-out boring and his offense is really one-dimensional and lame.

I was really excited to hear about Hardy vs. Nitro in a cage, though... their IC Championship ladder match was beyond sweet. But damn, who's stupid idea was it to put Umaga in a glorified squash against Hardy? Remember the Raw Family Reunion when they put Hardy against the Big Show? I mean, Jeff is a tough SOB, but it almost seems like they're trying to injure the guy.

I forgot to rewind my tape all the way, so I missed the last two matches, but from what I saw, this was a fine show.

The Cena/AAE match dragged a lot. Took way too long to get to the finish we all knew was coming.

The Carlito/Lawler vs. Masters/Vis tag was hilariously bad. Carlito has looked terrible lately, and the other 3 don't exactly bring much to the table. The finish was just awful, as no one looked like they knew where they were supposed to be.

I did like the Cryme Tyme skit. CT vs. TWGTT is a perfect midcard feud. The guys actually have a reason to be fighting, but Politically Correct Charlie Haas gives it a comedic touch so it's not too heavy. Should be an alright match too. The skit also effectively set up WGTT vs. Highlanders, which was more of a WGTT exhibition than anything, but I loved it. I'm glad Haas and Benjamin have something to do.

The HHH/Edge match was what it should've been (short with a non-finish) since that could be a big ME match later on. The following 6-man was good fun. Kenny eating the fall again is not surprising. If I had to guess where it's going, I'd say Kenny tries and tries but Edge and Orton never accept him, leading to a Kenny face turn. Or he just brutalizes Flair and helps R-RKO beat DX at NYR and he's in.

Psycho Victoria is a good angle. Biting Torrie's nail off was a great touch for her character. I wish Mickie could still be psychotic and then we'd have a great feud on our hands. Masters running out and putting Torrie in the Masterlock was totally random and funny. I guess they're going for Carlito vs. Masters at NYR?

Sounds like Umaga beat Jeff by ref stoppage. I believe the last time that happened in WWE was Edge vs. Matt at Summer Slam 05. I know some people hate it, but it's one of my favorite finishes in wrestling. Makes the match seem so much more legit and hate-filled.

And Cena went over Nitro as well to no surprise. Oh well, I could've done without seeing that anyway.

Like I said, solid show all around. PPV build up, furthering angles, lots of wrestling, what else do you need? I'll even tolerate the first two bad segments because the intent was good for furthering Cena/Umaga and Carlito/Masters.

Umaga is a good heel in the Intercontinental/US title sense...he does not belong in the main event of a PPV. If he was just presented as a bad ass dude that happens to be samoan, maybe, but not as a savage samoan warrior.

Guest Toddiwod
Umaga is a good heel in the Intercontinental/US title sense...he does not belong in the main event of a PPV. If he was just presented as a bad ass dude that happens to be samoan, maybe, but not as a savage samoan warrior.

A hypothetical if you will... just for kicks. What if Umaga turned face? How would that even work, and if it did, would it be comically bad, or just plain awful?

it would be Eugene awful...we'd have Dancing Samoan v.2. I mean, I can see Vince didn't want to be accused of ripping off Samoa Joe so he made this fella a savage, but come on.

They should totally lure Joe away from TNA and team him up with Umaga, or have them face each other.

Guest Toddiwod
The Carlito/Lawler vs. Masters/Vis tag was hilariously bad. Carlito has looked terrible lately, and the other 3 don't exactly bring much to the table. The finish was just awful, as no one looked like they knew where they were supposed to be.

Yeah, what the hell has happened to Carlito? He looked like he barely remembered how his own spots are done. Maybe too much pre-show shenanigans with Torrie? And I've got no problem with him being a face I guess, but what is with WWE's psychotic need to put him into romance angles? Trish retires so they just kinda rush Torrie in to take her place?

Damn, I was almost convinced they were trying to do the same with Cena and Maria, but luckily that didn't pan out.

Guest samoapunk

Yeah, what the hell has happened to Carlito? He looked like he barely remembered how his own spots are done. Maybe too much pre-show shenanigans with Torrie? And I've got no problem with him being a face I guess, but what is with WWE's psychotic need to put him into romance angles? Trish retires so they just kinda rush Torrie in to take her place?

Damn, I was almost convinced they were trying to do the same with Cena and Maria, but luckily that didn't pan out.

I've been wondering the same thing. Last night it looked like he didn't even take the time to fluff his hair up.

I'm thinking maybe he's becoming disinterested since he's gotten kind of lost after a couple of pushes. I mean he's gone from IC title contention to feuding with Vis and Chris Masters (again?). I for one am sick of seeing him and Masters. Send him back to Smackdown or to ECW, just do something with him besides making him the Raw Boy-Toy.

I think lack of motivation is in fact the main cause of his low-quality ring work lately. He had a tag title run early in the year, was a getting a moderate push as a midcarder until Jeff Hardy came back, and now he's fallen off the map completely. He did get what looked to be an upper midcard feud with Orton, but that turned out just to be a short program to get Orton some heat back after his Hogan feud. It's clear now that all that was designed to do was give Orton a decent win before moving him on to a better program with Edge and DX, while they never had any intention of building up Carlito.

Compounding that problem is the fact that a very motivated Jeff Hardy returned and took over the upper midcard face role easily.

Carlito isn't really doing anything right now. He's not being put in the position to have a good match. I'm not going to trash the guy for not having a classic with Viscera. Has Mabel ever had a match that would even rise to **?

His match with Cena earlier this year was alright.

Anyway, I'm not saying Carlito is bad just because he's having bad matches. He looks like he doesn't want to be out there. His punches have looked worse than usual, he shows no fire during face comebacks, his springboard moves have become slow and sloppy... He really looks like he doesn't care. His matches the last two weeks have been perfect examples of this. The end match with Big Vis might not be good, but that doesn't excuse his horrible worked punches, terrible execution of springboard moves (like the lionsault two weeks ago), and his emotionless comeback two weeks ago and emotionless hot tag this week.

Compare him to Chris Masters right now. Masters isn't putting on any great matches either, but he looks like he's trying out there. He shows confidence and arrogance in the ring, tries to play his bully character well by attacking Lawler and Torrie, and generally seems like he cares about getting a reaction. I don't see any of that from Carlito right now, and it's sad, because the guy has potential.

Carlito isn't really doing anything right now. He's not being put in the position to have a good match. I'm not going to trash the guy for not having a classic with Viscera. Has Mabel ever had a match that would even rise to **?

I think they were thinking of moving him to ecw at one point. If he went there, or smackdown, he'd definetly have a more high profile role than he does now.

If I were Carlito, I'd be lazy too if I had to be stuck in an insipid storyline with a woman everyone knows is married to another wrestler, and work again sloths like Masters and Viscera.

If I were Carlito, I'd be lazy too if I had to be stuck in an insipid storyline with a woman everyone knows is married to another wrestler, and work again sloths like Masters and Viscera.

Torrie's getting or has gotten a divorce from Kidman.

Man, with Doane dating Mickie James and Torrie with another SS member, maybe it pays to be a male cheerleader. Surely it's Jeter she's dating. I can't see Mike Mondo with all THAT hot of a chick. And Nemeth and Mitchell suck too hard to have a hot girlfriend.

Man, with Doane dating Mickie James and Torrie with another SS member, maybe it pays to be a male cheerleader. Surely it's Jeter she's dating. I can't see Mike Mondo with all THAT hot of a chick. And Nemeth and Mitchell suck too hard to have a hot girlfriend.

Sucking in the ring doesn't necessarily prevent hot girlfriendness.

Look at David Flair for a while.

Sucking in the ring doesn't necessarily prevent hot girlfriendness.

Look at David Flair for a while.

And Test.