TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Macaroni

The Next Big Wrestling Move?

It should only be done in the rarest of occasions, but I think a shooting star legdrop would rule it all if it were broken out at a big show.

That was the move I had in mind

Someone's probably already done this, but how about a reverse figure-four, where the opponent is on his stomach instead of his back?

Double team idea: One guy has the opponent on his shoulders, the other does a moonsault off the top turnbuckle and gives the opponent a neckbreaker(reverse DDT?) as his partner falls back. Since the moonsault guy would have to have some serious ups, it might be easier to do it off a ladder or cage.

Also, it might never be allowed to happen, but how about an aireal move off of the Hell In A Cell onto someone layed out on the Spanish announce table?

People do it all the time. That's how you reverse the figure-four.

It should only be done in the rarest of occasions, but I think a shooting star legdrop would rule it all if it were broken out at a big show.

That was the move I had in mind

Someone's probably already done this, but how about a reverse figure-four, where the opponent is on his stomach instead of his back?

Double team idea: One guy has the opponent on his shoulders, the other does a moonsault off the top turnbuckle and gives the opponent a neckbreaker(reverse DDT?) as his partner falls back. Since the moonsault guy would have to have some serious ups, it might be easier to do it off a ladder or cage.

Also, it might never be allowed to happen, but how about an aireal move off of the Hell In A Cell onto someone layed out on the Spanish announce table?

Jack Evans has done both. In fact, anymove you think would be cool, Jack's done it already.

Umm, you quoted me, yet didn't see that I wrote a long paragraph describing that very thing?

No, the Cop Killa is like the Vertebreaker.

The 4:30ish move you're talking about (I think) is like an Air Raid Crash. A more head-droppy version of Finlay's Celtic Cross.

That was an axe guillotine driver or beach break. The former is what Takao Omori calls it, the latter is what Genki Horiguchi calls it. I bet some woman was doing it in the early 90's too, as is the case with many "cool, modern" moves :P

I did not realize that, no. And also, who is Jason Cross?

Edit---I looked him up and....WOW. How did I forget about him and that move. I would get the occasional weekly PPV from TNA back then, but for some reason I forgot all about him.

No, the Cop Killa is like the Vertebreaker.

The 4:30ish move you're talking about (I think) is like an Air Raid Crash. A more head-droppy version of Finlay's Celtic Cross.

That was an axe guillotine driver or beach break. The former is what Takao Omori calls it, the latter is what Genki Horiguchi calls it. I bet some woman was doing it in the early 90's too, as is the case with many "cool, modern" moves :P

The Axe Guillotine Driver was different. It was set up like the Alabama Slam, then Omori dropped the opponent in a reverse Tombstone position (with the opponent's head between the back of Omori's knees. The Beach Break is a sit-down version of the AGD, but still keeps the opponent's head behind him. The move in discussion really is more like an Air Raid Crash or Schwein.

I don't recall any joshi wrestlers using it, though they did come up with lots of cool moves. I figured more people would be familiar with term "Vertebreaker" than "Kudome Valentine."

I bet some woman was doing it in the early 90's too, as is the case with many "cool, modern" moves

Speaking of cool Joshi moves who was the woman that did those Straight Jacket suplex moves alot?

I haven't heard this term before, is that like a cross-armed german suplex? Manami Toyota used that, along with about a hundred other suplex variations.

Yup cross-armed = strait jacket and is she the same one that did the cross-armed powerbomb/driver? And isn't it weird that some of the greatest woman wrestlers are slightly overweight...I saw Bull Nakano do the greatest leg submission ever where she would be in the Boston Crab position and pull on one leg as far as she could and then sit on her opponent's neck.

In fact, anymove you think would be cool, Jack's done it already.

What about a good-looking, convincing strike?

Clearly, you're not watching DG or some of his 2006 ROH work where he has stepped up from spot/arial machine to a more complete and growing worker.

75% of wrestlers out there can't throw a convincing strike anyways.

Balls Mahoney got over doing the 3 jab and windup combo "BALLS, BALLS, BALLS, BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALS!", DDP did the same but used a spinning punch or lariat, Raven was a decent brawler, and of course the greatest one of them all and god of hardcore, Terry Funk. You would think with Jerry "the King" Lawler and William Regal employed the young up and comers of the WWE would know how to do a proper punch but that isn't the case.

Matt Hardy throws surprisingly good punches as well. Benoit and Finlay have good strikes too, but not exclusively punches. Chops, elbows, and knees make for good strikes if done well. Look at Kobashi, Misawa, and Akiyama.

Jack Evans has slightly improved his strikes, but they still don't look that good. Probably doesn't help that works indies/Japan where most people work pretty stiff. I'm sure it'd be harder to pick out his crappy strikes in WWE or TNA where most of the wrestlers do fail to throw convincing ones.

Umm, you quoted me, yet didn't see that I wrote a long paragraph describing that very thing?

And it's called the Nagata Lock.

The problem with the "new big wrestling move" is that in the end...The simplest of moves will become the next big move. Take the Shining Wizard. EVERYONE uses a variation of the move now...All it is, is a running leap off the opponent's knee into your own knee strike. Not a very hard move to pull off.

People come up with fifty million different moves, and flip floppy moves...but in the end? Shuji Kondo's King Kong Lariat is STILL one of the simplest moves in wrestling, and one of the most feared to this day. You can't beat simple and effective. It's a fucking Lariat. EVERYONE uses a lariat. Kondo just does it *better* then most.

Oh yeah, since someone mentioned it. If you haven't seen Kaz Hayashi v.s. Shuji Kondo for the AJPW Junior title, you owe yourself to do so. That was one of the best matches of the year, if not the best. Absolutely balls out awesome on every level.

The king kong lariat...

DAMN!

Can anybody else sell a lariat like that and not land on their head? Most of the time when someone oversells a lariat they do it Mr. Perfect or HBK style with a side twist but DAMN this King Kong Lariatoooooooooo~ is just awesome. I can see maybe RVD, Sabu, Sonjay Dutt, or AJ Styles take the lariat and make it look that damn godly.

A powerbomb from the top rope to the arena floor.

Already been done. And it collapsed Lizzy Borden's lung.

And to add to the discussion - think about the possibilities of a Shooting Star Rana.

King Kong Lariat...that sell is insane. How do you make that kind of spin in the air without dumping yourself on the head?

Somehow it's still more plausible than the Canadian Destroyer.

I'm waiting for submission via strikes to make a mainstream run as a pro-wrestling finish.

That piledriver move looks more plausible because it is basically a hurricana from the tombstone position and didn't Dragon Kid do a move like that but its a powerbomb instead of a piledriver?