TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cabbageboy

NFL Week 16

If the Jets beat Miami they're gonna get a playoff spot unless the entire offense decides not to play against the Raiders.

The Chargers coming back to win this keeps the Ravens in the 2 spot for a potential match with the Colts meaning one of my two least favorite teams will be out early. Woo.

...How do you play your ass off the entire game, then give up a TD with just twenty nine seconds left?

God damn you Seahawks. I had my hopes up for second.

And then get sacked trying to drive for the trying FG.

And still clinch the division title. Congrats on being the least shitty team in the shittiest group in the league.

Anyone else think the Packers have a shot at beating the Bears next week? In this season where past performance doesn't indicate a damn thing, I could see it happening.

Yes, I foresee it.

I guess you guys forgot how horrible the Packers looked on Thursday.

That's why I wrote the part in bold.

Yeah, but the Packers have been pretty predictable this year, as opposed to the craziness evident elsewhere. They've pretty much beaten everybody they were "supposed" to and lost to everybody who weren't they weren't supposed to beat.

Aside from needing to beat New England, Tennessee definitely needs the Jets to lose at least once. If not, they're done because The Jets are 10-6 and Denver would have a better conference record than Tennessee even with a loss.

They also need Cincy to lose because a Bengals win gives them a better conference record as well.

If the Broncos and Bengals lose and then the Jets split I'm not sure which two teams from that group would have the tiebreak.

Basically the Titans need a win and a shitload of help.

Guest Princess Leena
WHAT THE FUCK? Stupidest call ever, seriously. Bills are done. I cannot fathom how in the hell this team finds even more iditotic ways to lose. Into the wind or not, TRY THE FIELD GOAL.

Yeah, Jaron does a great job coaching overall but every once and a while he makes a call stupider than anything Malarky would do. As soon as I heard they were going for it I knew JP (who to his credit now looks like a solid NFL starter) would panic, run around forever and get sacked or picked off. The odds of Lindel making a 45 field goal into the wind are a lot better than converting a 4th and 5 with an inexperienced QB. Even if they got the first down they wouldn't have been that much closer and they could have given up a sack after that and ended up with worse field position.

The odds were zero that Lindell would make that.

Bironas barely made a 42 yarder in that direction, and he has a much bigger leg than the weak Lindell.

The mistake was that Jauron shouldn't have had the kick team even think of going on the field at that time. Losman was rushed, and the obvious happened.

Ravens will beat the Steelers again. Itd be awesome if they shutout the Steelers again, but they'll probably at least score a TD this go round.

Im also pissed this game isn't in HD like the first meeting.

Hey..whaddaya know..

Anyway..I had my hopes up there for a second or to on that SD game...had SD lost the Ravens would have had the #1 seed. I doubt SD loses next week, but at least the Colts lost so the Ravens got the #2 seed and a bye. As it looks, Indy would play the NY Jets and NE would play Denver..all things depending I think NE wins but I bet the Jets could beat Indy. Ravens/Patriots and Chargers/Jets in the 2nd round..all I could say about a Ravens/Patriots game is that at least it would be in Baltimore.

You might want to wait until next week's game before assuming the Ravens are automatically getting a bye. Weirder things have happened this season.

Its vs the Bills..in Baltimore. Had they won today Id be worried since they'd still have a playoff shot. As it is, the Ravens still have something to play for (A Bye, potential #1 seed if SD loses) so they'll come out to play to keep that Bye Week.

My pastor made a beeline for me since I showed up 5 minutes late for church tonight, asking about the Bengals game.

The Bengals season can be summed up in the fact they've lost 3 games by 4 points and that they have lost to each of the top 5 AFC teams. The botched PAT does not bother me as much as how bad the offense played in the first quarter. They should have had 17 points and the Bengals D played their ass off.

Looks like the AFC playoff picture gets clear if the Jets win and the NFC is still messy as hell.

Guest Vitamin X
Anyone else think the Packers have a shot at beating the Bears next week? In this season where past performance doesn't indicate a damn thing, I could see it happening.

Yes, I foresee it.

I guess you guys forgot how horrible the Packers looked on Thursday.

That's why I wrote the part in bold.

Yeah, but the Packers have been pretty predictable this year, as opposed to the craziness evident elsewhere. They've pretty much beaten everybody they were "supposed" to and lost to everybody who weren't they weren't supposed to beat.

I don't quite buy that. Noone is "supposed" to beat anyone else in the league, particularly if you're talking about a team that's around .500. The Packers choked away halftime leads this year to the Saints, Eagles, Rams, and Seahawks. They "should have" beaten the Bills as well, and many predicted a win over the Jets. That's a six game swing right there. That's looking at it from the other perspective. Consider the Bears' poor performance this week against the fucking Lions of all teams, the fact that Green Bay really has something to play for against their greatest archrival, and that should be enough to give them a chance.

There's definitely something missing on offense, but Green Bay has a lot of extra time to prepare. Besides, if the Bears let the Packers throw everything they have at them, Chicago loses nothing and gives every other team in the playoffs something to look at when planning against the Pack.

It's all contingent on the Giants and Rams losing next week though, I believe that's the wildcard scenario.

Let's see how I did on the predictions today:

Thursday 8:00 (NFL Network):

Minnesota (6-8) at Green Bay (6-8): I am officially off the Vikings at this point. The Packers have an outside shot at going .500, so I'll take them to win here by 7 at home. (Packers won an ugly game, keep that .500 hope alive. 1 for 1)

Saturday 8:00 (NFL Network, I think):

Kansas City (7-7) at Oakland (2-12): If the Chiefs harbor any sort of playoff hopes they need this one. It'll be tougher than expected. KC by 4. (Not really as tough as I thought. 2 for 2)

Sunday 1:00:

Washington (5-9) at St. Louis (6-8): Rams still have a very faint playoff hope and the Redskins have been on a mini jobber roll. Still, since it's in STL I'll go with the Rams here by 6. (The mini jobber roll is over and I nailed this one. 3 for 3)

Carolina (6-8) at Atlanta (7-7): Falcons can still make the playoffs, Carolina is toast. If Atlanta loses this one they HAVE to fire Mora. Falcons by 10. (What...the...fuck? Looks like they gotta fire Mora. 3 for 4)

Tennessee (7-7) at Buffalo (7-7): Battle of the Jobber Rolls! This is a tough one, but for some reason I can't pick the Bills over Vince Young. I just can't do it. Titans win it 21-20. (Wow, I nailed the hell out of this too. 4 for 5)

Indianapolis (11-3) at Houston (4-10): The Colts should be back on track and should crush the hopeless Texans. Indy by 21. (WTF part 2. How can a serious playoff team lose to the fucking Texans with a bye week at stake? 4 for 6)

Chicago (12-2) at Detroit (2-12): This should be another beatdown but maybe the Lions will have something for the Bears. Chicago by 10. (A bit closer than I thought, Bears seem vulnerable. 5 for 7)

Tampa Bay (3-11) at Cleveland (4-10): I feel sorry for whoever has this game on TV. Who knows....I'll take the Bucs by 7 since they looked better with Rattay. (Bucs are definitely better with Rattay. 6 for 8)

New England (10-4) at Jacksonville (8-6): JAX is a powerful team at home, but suck on the road. This one is at home, and the Pats don't really HAVE to have this one as much as the Jags. Jacksonville by 10. (JAX finally shows some home vulnerability and don't look now but the Pats are lurking. 6 for 9)

New Orleans (9-5) at NY Giants (7-7): I have no idea. These teams are both so up and down. I am going to keep riding the Giants until they are totally finished, so what the hell. NY by 3. (The Giants are toast, even if they somehow win next week and make the playoffs. 6 for 10)

Baltimore (11-3) at Pittsburgh (7-7): Previous matchup was a maiming 27-0, but I think it'll be a different story here. Call me crazy but I'll take the Steelers to get payback here in a vicious, low scoring affair. Steelers 14-10. (Not a different story, this was just a bad pick on my part. 6 for 11)

4:00:

Arizona (4-10) at San Francisco (6-8): Niners still have a faint pulse in the NFC West, yet for some reason I think their little mini roll is over. I'll take the Cardinals to pull a mild upset by 7 here. (Cardinals did pull this one out. 7 for 12)

San Diego (12-2) at Seattle (8-6): Seahawks have sucked hard lately but for whatever reason I think the Chargers will have a minor letdown on the road. Seattle will show up to play here and win it by 4. If the Ravens win out wouldn't this be a horrific loss for SD? (Oh thanks Seattle. I had this pick nailed dead on until that baffling last minute to let SD come back to win. Might as well lose to TB next week to finish 8-8. 7 for 13)

Cincinnati (8-6) at Denver (8-6): This is perhaps the toughest game to predict of the week. Broncos are very tough to beat at home though, and I think Cutler has figured it out. Denver by 3 on a last second FG. (Pretty much nailed this one. 8 for 14)

Next week is going to be so insane, seeing which JTTS teams somehow make the playoffs.

Czech was right. We need a gimmick poster named Noone.

And the Saints- god damn

My opinion of today's Saints game-

"It's preparation for a trip to Soldier Field."

They're going to have to get things moving on the ground if they face the Bears, as the winds coming off Lake Michigan will help slow down Drew Brees.

Dropped passes like that will happen in that potential matchup because the winds won't let Brees get the touch on the passes that he wants.

Guest Legalise Drugs and Murder

It's been a seriously mild winter. It might get ugly in mid-late January of course, but right now, the weather should be the last thing concerning anyone about playing in Chicago.

It's been a seriously mild winter. It might get ugly in mid-late January of course, but right now, the weather should be the last thing concerning anyone about playing in Chicago.

I said that because the Saints are an indoor team.

It may be a mild winter, but the Saints played half their games at the Superdome and another few in the Georgia Dome, Texas Stadium, and other domes and/or mild-weather outdoor stadiums.

Even if Chicago is only in the 40s or 50s, the simple fact that they'd be playing in an outdoor stadium on one of the Great Lakes will mean a lot of wind that they're not used to dealing with.

It's not a fatal thing for their chances, but it means that their gameplan will be affected. They'd be less likely to throw bombs to Devery Henderson and more likely to ground out a running game or throw swing passes to Reggie Bush. (Not that Henderson was able to catch ones in the Dome last week either...)

According to bengals.com, the Bengals are Win and In if Miami wins tomorrow.

If the Jets win, scenarios galore, provided the Jets & Broncos lose next week.

I picked 8 right here's some other thoughts:

Lions make it interesting and fuck it up in the end as usual. BMW(Big Mike Williams for those who don't know) drops 5 passes, including the potential GW one. He's outta here

With 12 sacks, Mark Anderson might beat out Demeco Ryans for Defensive ROTY

Colts are D-O-N-E

Coughlin and Mora could be done too as their teams got curb-stomped at home in must-win situations

I would love to see the Titans in the playoffs even though it's a longshot as another shot to the VY doubters

MJD is my Offensive ROTY

Reggie decided to play like a RB for once instead of a WR

Steve Smith has no receptions and the Panthers win? What has the world come to?

I know a lot of teams have blown opportunities this season(Jags), but San Fran should really be kicking themselves in the ass right now for losing to Arizona twice and GB once this season

Guest Vitamin X

Hey, don't lump us in with the Cardinals. They're headed for a top-5 draft pick. Green Bay might actually stumble into the playoffs or maybe at least finish .500.

Hey, this is a transition year for the Niners. Wins and losses this year are nearly meaningless with the amount of cap room they'll have going into next year. They'll be a completely different team next season.

I think they have until tomorrow afternoon to decide.

This game was a disappointment. I was expecting it to at least be competitive.

They still haven't announced next Sunday Nights game yet?

They will later tonight, after the MNF Game. They want a game of value. Most likely will be either Cincinnati/Pittsburgh, Jacksonville/Kansas City or Carolina/New Orleans. I figure Bengals/Steelers the sexy game with the background, and since Cincy is a "win and in" team (If NY drop this one) while I believe Jax/KC need help.

How much longer will we suffer through this Carrie+Tony stuff?

Yeah, apparently Romo is boning Carrie Underwood, luck bastard.

Must have had pussy on his mind during tonight's game.