TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

This Week in College Football 1/1 - 1/7

Why can't the NFL adopt equal-possession overtime? That 49ers-Broncos win was cool, but this was ten times better.

I wouldnt have a problem with regular season games ending that way to avoid the possibilities of ties and all, but In no way should the playoffs be decided by that method.

Fuck that. Ties are rare anyways. Show me that game right there wasn't more exciting and awesome with the extra possession. In NFL rules, the awesomness is reduced to a fucking AP rush. No statue of liberty, no proposal...just another anti-climatic finish.

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"
Why can't the NFL adopt equal-possession overtime? That 49ers-Broncos win was cool, but this was ten times better.

I wouldnt have a problem with regular season games ending that way to avoid the possibilities of ties and all, but In no way should the playoffs be decided by that method.

The fuck? Yeah they should. Would you prefer winning a coin toss and kicking a 38-yard FG and that's it?

The fuck? Yeah they should. Would you prefer winning a coin toss and kicking a 38-yard FG and that's it?

Psst you're forgetting who he roots for. That's all they CAN do.

Wait a minute..theres a Bronco Nation?

When did Idaho become their own nation, or are we lumping the Denver Broncos in with the Boise State Broncos?

And what's the deal with airline food?

Seriously, between this and the Smurf Turf thing, does watching Boise State make you unable to understand English?

Come on..theres no Boise State Bronco Nation, at least with fans that have been fans longer than the last 5 hours. Other than the "they play on the blue turf", I doubt 90% of people could point to Boise Idaho on a map and be within 100 miles.

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"

Psst you're forgetting who he roots for. That's all they CAN do.

Oh, of course. But yeah, leave sudden death to hockey, and have matching possessions in the NFL.

When did Idaho become their own nation, or are we lumping the Denver Broncos in with the Boise State Broncos?

Seriously, between this and the Smurf Turf thing, does watching Boise State make you unable to understand English?

Come on..theres no Boise State Bronco Nation, at least with fans that have been fans longer than the last 5 hours. Other than the "they play on the blue turf", I doubt 90% of people could point to Boise Idaho on a map and be within 100 miles.

No wonder you can't get laid. You say stupid shit like this.

Most people couldn't tell you where Baltimore, Maryland was either. Tell us how great the Terps are or something. Terp Nation.

Raven nation, all 1 of you.

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"

Come on..theres no Boise State Bronco Nation, at least with fans that have been fans longer than the last 5 hours.

You're right. Nobody has ever graduated from Boise State University. Nobody is going there now. Nobody has family at the school. I mean, shit, two hours ago the campus was a vacant Allstate office! Boise State University is a construct that only exists within the parameters of college football. Sometimes I want to smack you on the side of your big dumb bald head so effing hard.

I'm pretty sure a fair amount of people know where Baltimore MD is, Choken. But that doesn't make Marvin's messageboarding performance in this thread any better.

If they kick a 38 yard fg, then the other teams defense sucked and couldnt stop em. In College rules, they kick a 38 yard feild goal and the defense only gave up like 4 yards. Someone said they should move the ball out to the 50..that would be great but then youd likely get multiple possessions with no scores.

Anyone remember when WP started his big downward spiral that Marvin started hopping up and down saying that he would be the 'next WP'? He had to be right about something even if he had to spend months forcing it.

You know it is quite amazing that it has only been 10 years since Boise State moved up to Division 1A football.

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"

If they kick a 38 yard fg, then the other teams defense sucked and couldnt stop em.

BUT THE OPPOSING OFFENSIVE CORPS NEVER HAD A CHANCE TO HIT THE FI

you know what, fuck it. I won't let you ruin the first college football game I've watched and enjoyed in a long time.

EDIT: Favorite play was the hook and ladder or the Statue of Liberty. I'm leaning toward the first.

Didn't catch a second of RAW and clearly not regretting it. This is hands down the greatest game I've ever seen.

Funny how UM/USC was supposed to be the classic and OU/BSU was supposed to be the blowout.

Marvin has surprassed WP. Your effort to reach complete worthlessness has been a success. The first of any kind in your life. Congrats.

You've posted 122 fucking times today, and that's a literal statement. You have no right to talk smack about anyone. It's obvious you just lie about your life on this board for some reason.

The hook and ladder was just shocking and awesome all at the same time. I'll take that one but god damn was that Statue of Liberty play awesome as hell. He fooled everyone on Oklahoma.

The end of the game needed more shots of the OU fans looking on going, "oh my god...we just lost to a WAC team...in a major bowl game.."

Hook/ladder was awesome because it was so shocking. Statue/liberty because it won the game. If I had to pick one though it would be hook/ladder because it momentarilly altered my heartbeat.

Forget the bald virgin for a minute.

What was your favorite of the big three plays?

Hook and ladder. It set up everything else. Plus the situation they were in. 4th and 18? What the fuck are you doing calling that play?

And I wish I hadn't watched RAW, MFer. But I caught most of the game after about 8:30 so I saw most of it, including the important parts.

Marvin has surprassed WP. Your effort to reach complete worthlessness has been a success. The first of any kind in your life. Congrats.

You've posted 122 fucking times today, and that's a literal statement. You have no right to talk smack about anyone. It's obvious you just lie about your life on this board for some reason.

I thought you were being hyperbolic, then...wow.

Yeah, the hook and ladder had to be the best one just because the game was over. They were just ticking time off the clock and then BOOM Boise ties it just like that. The Statue of Liberty was close behind though. It actually took something pretty amazing to keep the finish from being anticlimatic after the play to tie it at the end of regulation.

How could you not love that Statue of Liberty play? Totally insane and awesome ending.

All three plays were wonderful to watch though, as was AP's run in OT. What a dagger, who knew Boise could come back from that defensive letdown.

Yeah, a rainy day off with a bunch of football games including a classic game that was worth talking about. A shitty Raw that I bothered watch. I apolgize for not being anti-social today and sticking at home during an off-day. That doesn't change the fact that Marvin said some pretty dumb things in this thread.

If they kick a 38 yard fg, then the other teams defense sucked and couldnt stop em.

BUT THE OPPOSING OFFENSIVE CORPS NEVER HAD A CHANCE TO HIT THE FI(ELD)

Hence the term "sudden death" and the idea that the first team to score wins. It shouldn't be the first team to hold the other team to less points than they scored on their possession wins, thats just stupid. If their defense couldnt stop the team from driving 50+ yards to get in FG position for a 38 yard FG, then they deserved to lose. Last I checked, defense was just as much a part of football as offense.

And no offense to this game and all..it was good, but I made my opinion of the College OT rules known back when the game was still being played.