TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Zack Malibu

The Boys.

Anybody else here reading this? Easily the best new title I have picked up in a long time. For those that don't know, the basic premise is that Ennis is showing the dark side to superheroes. I don't mean "shades of grey, bad attitude" type of heroes. I mean I'm talking about drug use, sex, intimidation, and all sorts of deviant behavior that the supposed protectors of the world are involved in. At the center of it all is a group of rogues who, for one reason or another, despise the superheroes and are warring against them. The 7th issue just hit stands last week so it won't take long to catch up if it perks anyone's interest.

Ha, I swear I thought I was the only one reading.

I love this title. And yet, honestly I don't know why. I guess, just being a fan of the concept of a hero, it's great (and funny) to see the other side. When 4 opened up with "Teenage Kix" doing the whole, take turn thing in the whore house. I couldn't help but double take.

I'm behind though evidently, I didn't realize they were already at 7.

I haven't read 7 yet but I've read the other 6.

I think it's a pretty good comic and Ennis does his usual stuff: extreme sex and violence. I reminds me a little of Mark Millar's Wanted with the subject matter (I said reminds me, not is like. Just incase people give out shit with my comparison).

I also sort of get the "next Preacher" vibe from this book, more than some of his other pieces of work and when it gets thrown around. Like, while it's not the best book I've ever read, I've a feeling in about 2-3 years time everyone will be going on about how great it is and cutting edge etc.

Let me guess: Does it involve a bunch of lovable miscreants getting together, getting shitty, reminicing and using cockney slang?

Because that summarizes his Hellblazer, Hitman and Preacher series.

Incidentally, I loved them all. Sign me up.

Garth: So I ask Pillow what'd be harder to fuck? An' he says how 'bout an armadillo? I says can you drawr an armadillo?

In Hellblazer 120

As an aside, how awesomely crazy is Alan Morre. Sez he's seen Constine twice. That's fuicking dedication.

Thats idiotic on their part! It was pretty much the only decent Wildstorm title and they've thrown it away. The whole point of it being under a Wildstorm name rather than DC is so they aren't completely linked.

Hopefully Image would pick it up. They'd know how to handle it better.

The Boys return this week with the release of issue #7. They've got a new publisher and Ennis has stated that he intends for the series to run around 65 issues.