TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TNABaddboi

OAO 1/4 Impact Thread

I'm disappointed that they did not take the fight into the women's restroom.

That's only cool if Dusty Rhodes is announcing....

They're saving that for the no-holds barred, falls count anywhere submission match between the two of them.

And for Dusty Rhodes to be a guest commentator. "HIT EM WIT SOME TOILET PAPER!"

The ending makes sense as it saves Angle/Cage for another time.

But what the fuck are they thinking with the end of the show having Sting standing tall with Angle, who for all intended purposes is a heel?

They're saving that for the no-holds barred, falls count anywhere submission match between the two of them.

And for Dusty Rhodes to be a guest commentator. "HIT EM WIT SOME TOILET PAPER!"

Don West can play the part of Dusty Rhodes.

Guest Dirty Killingsocks

So much for the "another wad blown" match. TNA are very smart, they advertised Cage/Angle, so they'll get a 4.7 TV rating, and still saved the match for PPV down the road, when it'll do 500,000 buys. That's what you call good planning.

Is it wrong that I wanted to use the giant snowman in the back?

I didnt think it was POSSIBLE to hear the word hickenbottom 9000 times in a 30 second period.

And I have no idea why I kept it on tv for that long as I tried to change it as soon as my brain registered that they were wearing ponchos.

Guess I couldnt find the remote.

And it has to be some intentional theme that Russo must have been thinking about what to put in the 2nd hour (of the Monday taping) and thought of 'Homicide street fight' and then decided to fill in the rest of the show with another brawl pullapart, making everything totally meaninless.

I'm sure someone told him it would look repetitive, but I'm sure it was intentional and was to answer the critics of 'nonstop action.'

Nash has to be working for free, as any nonfan would see this and think he was somebody's grandfather. Someone in Spike has to see this and say "there's no way we're paying for that!!" I would think his salary would cover all the cutbacks TNA has made regarding transportation and food. I mean the entire PCS, all 30 seconds every week, couldnt that all be done in one night? Or does Nash have to train to get his conditioning up for that?

If you're a casual fan I guess you can say the PCS is entertaining, but I could watch a rerun of Three's Company at the same time and say 'that's the most entertaining part of Impact every week' How does that help anyone in TNA besides the cast of Threes Company? Horrible analogy I know but really the PCS is or has become a 'who can lose my respect first contest.' Austin Aries... nuff said

I wonder what it's like watching the live taping of all 3 hours, comparing before Russo and now. Without the backstage stuff it might seem like alot of good wrestling. although it would be akin to fastforwarding dozens of storylines from the end of one ppv to the start of another. And theyre only selling to the fans who watch everything anyway so that doesnt help the buyrates. But they should already know Russo is a ppv killer, he's already gone on record saying his job is always to raise viewership no matter what, which I imagine would include sacrificing ppv buys. I think it would be better to have certain limits on the ppv lineups having Russo not able to touch or change certain things, and certainly not giving things away on tv, not even teases and annoying security brawls. They look good on tv if you're flipping through but if you're actually watching from the beginning it makes me change the channel as it's been done to death.

The PCS experiment won't be complete until someone gets a full back self portrait tatoo or if they find a fat bastard to chase the vanilla midgets around the Orlando Studios or they get drunk & high and start taunting zoo animals. Since they are located at amusement park central I can see them taunting park mascots and/or various furries.

This may seem petty...but am I the only one annoyed with everything with LAX being associated with Mexico? Mexican street fight? Last time I checked, Homicide is Puerto Rican. I don't know, it may seem stupid but it's just annoying to me. You see them carry 3 different flags in the ring but it never really gets mentioned.

They are in Florida one of them should be a Cuban that is pro-Che or anti-Castro.

Well, they do have Che Guevara images in their entrance.

From PWI:

TNA Impact, headlined by Kurt Angle vs. Christian Cage, bounced back to a 1.1 rating last night. That had to please TNA and SpikeTV to no end after the series dipped to a 0.9 during the holiday week after several series high ratings.

It wasnt a great Impact, over booked and the Angle/Joe brawl just got dull by the end. Ive never liked back stage brawls to much, or fights in the crowd.

The VKM stuff also went on for too long, im now starting to get annoyed by the whole thing. And now with Trips on the sidelines, what will they do now? The gimmick seems dead and burried.

And was it just me, but after like 20 minutes of impact they'd only had 1 five minute match? Some much for Non Stop ACTION.

Im ranting becuse TNA is starting to infuriate me. Ive been defeanding them and saying, "it will all work out" but they keep letting me down. Hopefully, this weeks impact will be better and i can look forward to the PPV.

I really hope TNA sorts themselves out, really i do. Its still a better product that WWE, but thats not saying much.

It wasnt a great Impact, over booked and the Angle/Joe brawl just got dull by the end. Ive never liked back stage brawls to much, or fights in the crowd.

The VKM stuff also went on for too long, im now starting to get annoyed by the whole thing. And now with Trips on the sidelines, what will they do now? The gimmick seems dead and burried.

And was it just me, but after like 20 minutes of impact they'd only had 1 five minute match? Some much for Non Stop ACTION.

Im ranting becuse TNA is starting to infuriate me. Ive been defeanding them and saying, "it will all work out" but they keep letting me down. Hopefully, this weeks impact will be better and i can look forward to the PPV.

I really hope TNA sorts themselves out, really i do. Its still a better product that WWE, but thats not saying much.

My thoughts exactly. Things were looking up so much after the 2-hour special in November. I still tune in to Impact, something I can't say about Raw or ECW, but Smackdown is starting to surpass it. Things are moving at lightspeed and I don't like that.

I used to go out of my way to watch Impact every week, but in all honestly the only thing I care about now is Nash and PCS as half the time it's fucking hilarious. There's not been a single week I've missed the show and having read reports of it though 'Shit, I should've watched it'. But also when I do watch I never think 'Thank God I saw the show this week'. Same old shit every single fucking week with nothing going anywhere.