TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

BCS National Championship Game Thread

Couldn't have dreamed a better first half for the Gators. Absolutely flawless. (Other than the Ginn TD)

But what I'm fearing now is if we get conservative which Florida has been known to do.

Credit to Urban Meyer to drawing up an unreal gameplan.

STEP ON THE THROAT BOYS!

Anyone and I mean ANYONE, who has watched Florida this year knows this is EXACTLY what they do though.

They jump out and then in the third quarter, the offense seems to implode and commit turnovers left and right. Then the defense gets worn down or makes mental mistakes allowing the other team back into the game.

If they avoid a third quarter meltdown, they have the National Title and the BCS worst nightmare comes true.

Ohio State needs to come out and seriously beat down Florida in the second half. Ted Ginn couldn't have been THAT much of their offense. If the #1 team actually plays like the #1 team after the break, we've got ourselves a game. If not, they're completely screwed if Florida doesn't do their weekly post-halftime collapse.

The first drive Florida gets will tell us all we need to know about what Florida will be doing. If it's a 3 and out, Ohio State could make a huge charge.

"My Heart Will Go On"? Are you kidding me?

I'm delighted with the way this is going so far. Maybe if Ohio State's beaten badly enough, the idiotic loudmouth Buckeye fans will go into hiding for the next six months or so.

Guest Princess Leena
Anyone and I mean ANYONE, who has watched Florida this year knows this is EXACTLY what they do though.

They jump out and then in the third quarter, the offense seems to implode and commit turnovers left and right. Then the defense gets worn down or makes mental mistakes allowing the other team back into the game.

If they avoid a third quarter meltdown, they have the National Title and the BCS worst nightmare comes true.

Exactly. This isn't over with yet. I know Meyer is a great coach and all, but Florida's offense isn't keeping this up. I've seen Leak be a liability too much for me to believe. OSU will have to least cut the lead in half in the 3rd quarter, though.

The other thing is was it just me or did Ohio State play like a team that believed their own hype and got shell shocked when Florida just marched on them? They have had this "How are they doing this to US" look on their faces the whole game.

The other thing I ask is this: Urban has always been a big supporter of a playoff in college football. Does he change his tune if he wins this game and someone asks him about playing Boise State or does Urban say, "Bring it on, we want that game to happen"?

The other thing is was it just me or did Ohio State play like a team that believed their own hype and got shell shocked when Florida just marched on them? They have had this "How are they doing this to US" look on their faces the whole game.

The other thing I ask is this: Urban has always been a big supporter of a playoff in college football. Does he change his tune if he wins this game and someone asks him about playing Boise State or does Urban say, "Bring it on, we want that game to happen"?

Urban will say "Bring it."

He's got the ego to think they'd win again no matter who they play.

DAMN...

Everett made that fucking stop without the helmet.

Does that kid have a specially fitted uniform in which to fit those massive testicles?

Everyone's talking about Ginn getting a sprain but not talking about the LAST huge injury in a BCS title game, which was when Miami's Willis McGehee tore all the ligaments in his knee against Ohio State in the 2003 Fiesta Bowl game.

Guest Smues

So I just turned on my TV to find out that it is broken. It was showing Florida 34, Ohio State 14, so it must be busted pretty bad. Anybody had this problem before?

Guest Princess Leena

I don't agree with punting there. Only 19 minutes to get 3 TD's with no Florida scores with the current time rules is stretching it.

I don't agree with punting there. Only 19 minutes to get 3 TD's with no Florida scores with the current time rules is stretching it.

I think Tressel is hoping for a Chris Leak stupid throw or fumble to give him great field position.

So, is Troy Smith going to show up this game or just be another Heisman trophy winner who can't get it done in a title game?

Are the Ohio State fans going to claim that their 20+ point loss was due to Ted Ginn hurting himself in the 1st quarter?

Huge for Florida to get out of the third quarter unscathed. Even though they didn't do anything on offense, nothing was given up on defense which is typically what happens.

One. More. Quarter.

Fifteen minutes is still plenty of time in college even with the new clock rules. If Florida can hold them without a score for at least the first half of the fourth quarter, they've got it.