TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

2007 NFL Playoffs

What did LT do wrong? He's one of football's class acts.

Just ask him.

Kreidler's column on ESPN.com sums the whole argument up perfectly.

And Rex did have an awesome game. The coverage I saw of him was not "Rex sucks" as much as it was "Rex is really good at times, and really bad at other times." Stop pretending like Chicago is always getting picked on. Every team can find bulletin board material somewhere if they just look hard enough. The whole "no respect" angle in sports is just pathetic, from my Patriots, to your Bears, to everyone else.

What's funny to me, is that the "RESPECT THE PATRIOTS, IT AIN'T ABOUT LUCK" bunch is mostly comprised of the same people who insist that the Colts' two wins have had absolutely nothing to do with how good their defense has played, but rather it's due to shitty offense by the other team, or being "outchoked".

And that even though Manning has gotten up the field to set up eight FG's for Vinateri, he's being picked apart for not throwing TD's on those plays. But when Brady does it, it's a "great drive." Whatever.

That wasn't a "fortunate bounce": Caldwell DOVE on that fucker and held on for dear life.

You can say that "Reche dove on that fucker" and explain what happened, but there's no explanation for how it happened, because there is no "how"; though players are always taught a particular thing to do whenever a fumble occurs, there is no discernible skill held by football players that makes them any more pre-disposed to making more fumble recoveries than another given player in any given situation.

What in the everloving hell are you talking about? Is this turning into some metaphysical debate on the essence of fumble recoveries? Where the hell did I bring up being pre-disposed to recovering fumbles? Nobody has the Schwartz and can magically draw the ball to them.

My head hurts, so I'm done with this.

What's funny to me, is that the "RESPECT THE PATRIOTS, IT AIN'T ABOUT LUCK" bunch is mostly comprised of the same people who insist that the Colts' two wins have had absolutely nothing to do with how good their defense has played, but rather it's due to shitty offense by the other team, or being "outchoked".

And that even though Manning has gotten up the field to set up eight FG's for Vinateri, he's being picked apart for not throwing TD's on those plays. But when Brady does it, it's a "great drive." Whatever.

But Tom Brady is such a nice guy with his GQ looks, and great smile.

Where the hell did I bring up being pre-disposed to recovering fumbles?

How about "it wasn't a fortunate bounce", from your previous post? If it's not a fortunate bounce, then the implication is that the Patriots were somehow better prepared for the recovery of this remarkably improbable fumble, correct? Do you care to explain that with something other than "Reche Caldwell dove on that fucker"?