TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

2007 NFL Playoffs

I've always regarded the Patriots as the least dominant dominant team ever in any sport. I mean they only seem to beat every one by a few points. Shit, they only beat the Lions by 8 this year in New England. Other than Brady and a couple random defensive players and O-linemen, this team doesn't have a ton of Pro Bowl caliber players. I mean teams like say, the 90's Cowboys would beat the shit outta teams with their 4-5 Hall of Famers and 10+ All Pros. But the Patriots always find a way to win. I think it just pisses ppl of cause it always seems like they survive and advance by the skin of their teeth.

Are you supposed to stop watching football once your team is eliminated?

I'll watch it because it'll be entertaining.

I'm just saying that most of these fans, are only fans because they are succesful. If the Colts/Pats/Bears/Saints all finish with a sub .500 season, do you think there would be as many bandwagon fans there are? Maybe its just myself in my area, but people around here jump different teams pretty frequently.

Are you supposed to stop watching football once your team is eliminated?

I'll watch it because it'll be entertaining.

I'm just saying that most of these fans, are only fans because they are succesful. If the Colts/Pats/Bears/Saints all finish with a sub .500 season, do you think there would be as many bandwagon fans there are? Maybe its just myself in my area, but people around here jump different teams pretty frequently.

Well, it's not like the NFL has a great selection of Canadian teams for people to support.

While my overall predictions were lucky to scrape .500 this weekend, I'll repost what I said on page 3 about the Pats and Chargers game:

"New England 24, San Diego 22. Nate Kaeding will fuck up and miss a last second FG, much like he did against the Jets 2 years ago. Due to this, people will want Schottenheimer fired."

I missed it by 1 point! I only said 22 because I wanted it to be more dramatic, like it flat out cost the Chargers the win, rather than just OT.

While my overall predictions were lucky to scrape .500 this weekend, I'll repost what I said on page 3 about the Pats and Chargers game:

"New England 24, San Diego 22. Nate Kaeding will fuck up and miss a last second FG, much like he did against the Jets 2 years ago. Due to this, people will want Schottenheimer fired."

I missed it by 1 point! I only said 22 because I wanted it to be more dramatic, like it flat out cost the Chargers the win, rather than just OT.

cookie.jpg

EDIT: alfdogg gets one too.

I wont watch the games next week, mainly cause I'll be at work and Im not gonna go through the trouble of lugging a tv to work like I did yesterday to watch the AFC game I dont care about (cant watch FOX at Work), and I swear, if it ends up Patriots/Bears, I wont even watch the Super Bowl..I'll find something else to watch/do.

I wont watch the games next week, mainly cause I'll be at work and Im not gonna go through the trouble of lugging a tv to work like I did yesterday to watch the AFC game I dont care about (cant watch FOX at Work), and I swear, if it ends up Patriots/Bears, I wont even watch the Super Bowl..I'll find something else to watch/do.

wahmbulance.jpg

wahmbulance.jpg

Is there one thing at all that would be appealing about a Patriots/Bears Super Bowl? Seriously?

Seahawks/Colts would have been fine last year, but this year? Blah. The only feasible Super Bowl matchup this year is Indy vs. New Orleans. It has to happen on so many levels.

Patriots vs Saints

9/11 vs Katrina

The Bradys vs The Bushes

Belichick & Brady vs History

C'mon you know you want it.

Patriots vs Saints

9/11 vs Katrina

The Bradys vs The Bushes

Belichick & Brady vs History

C'mon you know you want it.

edit

Thought you meant Colts/Saints.

It's funny because the Patriots rarely get remembered when they blow opponents out but get remembered for the close victories instead. They have had a fair mix of blowouts however when it comes to the "big" games (AFC Title, Super Bowl) they seem to scrape by.

Note: My terminology of 'blowout' is any game where the Patriots don't have to pray that the opposing team can tie/beat them on their final drive. So, namely by more than 1 TD. In 12 postseason wins, they've only won by 10 or more points in 5 of those games.

2003: Win by 10 over the Colts in the AFC Championship

2004: Win by 17 over the Colts in the Divisional

Win by 14 over the Steelers in the AFC Championship

2005: Win by 25 over the Jaguars in the Wild Card

2006: Win by 21 over the Jets in the Wild Card

Let's face it, if the Colts can't do it this time at home after having won the past 2 meeting with NE, they might as well disband the franchise. Manning should grab a whiskey bottle, get a shotgun and end it all. The Pats have pulled an occasional road win out during the playoffs (2001 season vs. Pittsburgh, 2004 vs. Pittsburgh again) but I don't think they've ever won 2 on the road in the playoffs in the same year.

As far as that game today goes, both the Chargers and Pats played like shit. Both teams made horrible mistakes and tried their best to lose, but SD wanted to lose it more (hence the fumble on the Brady INT).

The Bears are overall certainly the better team here, but I can't help but feel Grossman will become the Kordell Stewart of today vs. the Saints. 3 INTs minimum.

I don't see many Bears fans materializing through the walls right now.

I've been a Bears fan my entire life. I was an infant during Super Bowl XX. Apparently, my older brother taught me how to raise my arms into a touchdown signal during the game.

Anyways, I still remember beating the Vikings in the 1994 Wildcard round like it was yesterday. It's been twelve years since we've one a playoff game, and I am overjoyed. It's nice to be around for the good when you've been around for the bad.

As far as fair-weathered fans in my area, I almost started hating the Red Sox because of how many "fans" I would run into at parties.

Is there one thing at all that would be appealing about a Patriots/Bears Super Bowl? Seriously?

Are you kidding? The dichotomy between 85 and now alone makes it interesting. Then it was the Bears as a dominant team for the ages and the Patriots as a sacrificial lamb, and now it's the Bears looking to turn their franchise around after two decades of disapointment against an all-time great New England team. Back then the NFC was king, now the AFC rules. That's the stuff that Super Bowl hype is made of.

That, and any time you've got a recent multi time champion in the game it makes it interesting. The Patriots have beaten 3 NFC champions in the last 5 years. Who better than DA BEARS to wrest control from them?

Personally I don't think there's a bad matchup between any of the four teams left. Obviously I'm pulling for the Pats, but I'd enjoy Indy against either of the NFC clubs. All four teams have compelling storys and exciting teams.

And even if you don't find the storys compelling, if you're a football fan you should just enjoy the game on the merits of it being the championship game between the last two teams standing after months of football. Isn't that enough appeal for people? Leave all that other shit to the housewives and office pool dorks and try and enjoy a fucking football game. Jesus. It's the same shit that everyone does during the Finals when the Spurs make it. The Spurs were "boring" just like the Patriots are "boring"

Well, Roy makes a good argument, so the only potential matchup I'll be rooting against will be Patriots/Saints.

EDIT: And c'mon, how does anyone defend the Patriots players when it comes to confronting LT? They're holding him and telling him to "show some respect". That takes balls, especially when it comes to the MVP of the league who just ran over your defense when he was asked to. This isn't little league, guys - if a player wants to walk off the football field without any fanfare or "passing of the torch" bullshit, he has the right to.

The Patriots guy was saying "show some respect". Fuck that asshole, nobody owes you a goddamn thing.

God damn, they fucking boxed him in like it was a high speed chase, and all I could here is... "Come on LT... YOU BETTAH THAN DAT!"

And then LT runs away, sees Bruschi and gives him a quick handshake.

Nah, he was mad because he was trying to get off the field (obviously because they lost and he didn't want to spend any time shaking hands), and he bumped into Cedric Cobbs on accident. After that, Cobbs grabbed him and there was a small gathering where the Patriots were trying to get LT to "show some respect".

So there you have it.

Who the fuck do they think they are? A bunch of Iron Sheiks?

Nah, he was mad because he was trying to get off the field (obviously because they lost and he didn't want to spend any time shaking hands), and he bumped into Cedric Cobbs on accident. After that, Cobbs grabbed him and there was a small gathering where the Patriots were trying to get LT to "show some respect".

So there you have it.

Who the fuck do they think they are? A bunch of Iron Sheiks?

What, they were screaming about how they were going to break LT's back and f*ck him in the ass?

Guest Legalise Drugs and Murder

Should the Colts beat the Patriots, even if they lose in the superbowl, I think they should go down as one of the best playoff runs ever. They were considered iffy by almost everyone against KC, and held a probable future hall of fame RB in his prime to fuck-all on the ground, and nobody even gave them a prayer against Baltimore. Finally beating their nemesis to go to the Superbowl? Oh man. If the Superbowl ends up being Colts/Bears, I might just dance in the street.

But then you'd have to choose between them. I'd hate to have to do that if there were ever a Packers/Jets Super Bowl.

I'm happy that my personal preference for how Manning would have to go through New England to FINALLY get to the big game is goin' down.

That bandwagon stuff is fucking nonsense.

I'm a Seahawks fan, always have been (and for the last few years a Bengals fan).

Seahawks played a great game today. However, they're not going to play football for months now. So, what's wrong with favoring teams out of the four that have advanced?

Anyway, anybody but the Pats. In fact, I'd like a Saints/Bears SB.

Guest Vitamin X

Saints over Colts in the Super Bowl is my ideal way of being happy.

Manning gets monkey off his back of beating the Patriots, and still doesn't get a ring. And the Saints are the most likable team.

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"
I'd like a Saints/Bears SB.

That's next week's NFCCG.

I'm with Agent. Bring on Bears-Colts. Double-choke theory actually works in my favor this time, since The Game America Wants involves the other two teams. I don't get why everyone is saying there's "no story" for the Bears. They are the Chicago Bears. Why can't that be enough?