TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
luke-o

Does anyone here collect action figures?

Just wondered if anyone else on here collected action figures or statues?

I am a collector of:

Sideshow collectable 12 Inch Friday the 13th figures and anything jason related

View Askews Clerks Inaction Figures - Im pshyched for the Clerks II series, and does anyone know if they plan to release a Jay and Silent Bob Chasing Amy figure or the Metatron from Dogma figure?

McFarlane's Naploeon Dynamite 6 Inch figures

Raven's wrestling figures (im just missing his ECW ones)

I've started collecting the anime/manga/gaming styled ones. Although, at the moment all I've got is Saber of FSN:HA. But I do also have a cool Gandalf one in which the clothes are all legit material and even his blade and staff are metal and real wood (although, I think whatever they do to wood so it doesn't rot). Not too sure about the staff, because I haven't taken it out.

But I am looking to collect a few more. Not sure why, just am.

I will buy, once in a while. Usually horror movie themed stuff (Friday the 13th, Romero's Zombies) or Resident Evil stuff (Palisades). I am also quite fond of the DC Elseworlds series of figures, anything that is based off of Alex Ross' artwork, and the Justice League animated maquettes are pretty cool too.

I used to buy a load of the Marvel Lengends series, but i got bored of those. More often than not i will just buy a figure cause i like it. Like the South Park figures (stan, kyle, cartman and kenny).

I have an assortment collection of wrestling, TV, movie and comic figures. I, too, used to get the Marvel Legends, until I noticed a drastic decrease in quality (some won't even stand up).

I have a not-so-useful amount of wrestling title belts that come with the wrestlers, so I just put them on movie characters. Like, U.S. Champion Gozer The Gozerian, or Tag Team Champs Michael Myers & Locutus Of Borg.

I collected Marvel stuff way back in the 90s and in some cases attempted to make my own by modifying existing figures so that I could have more obscure characters. Before that it was TMNT. Some figures such as the Marvel Legends and McFarlane lines have caught my eye since but I've never made an attempt to get back into it.

The problem is, Mcfarlan has lost all of his big licenses, so hes just been releasing a line of crap after line of crap, his army forces ones and his dragons for example. The only movie licence he has in Napoleon Dynamite and were still waiting on the second series of those.

I recently picked up and exclusive Living Dead Doll they did of Jason for 30 quid. Pretty good seen as though ive seen it go on ebay for 80. And im still on the look out for Clerks Inaction Figures Series 3. And Sideshows Friday the 13th Part 3 Jason (Classic Jason) but im gonna have to pay BIG bucks for that.

I have the original Optimus Prime (18 wheeler), Megatron (gun), and those glow in the dark green construction transformers and assorted Go-Bots sitting in the closet somewhere.

I have the original Optimus Prime (18 wheeler), Megatron (gun), and those glow in the dark green construction transformers and assorted Go-Bots sitting in the closet somewhere.

oh I've got originals stored in some box somewhere, I was meaning the newer generations starting with that cartoon that came out 5 years ago, Transformers: Robots In Disguise and everything from then on.

I collect Halo 2 figures. Almost have them all but I need to finish collecting Series 4 and 5 (two figures each there), and I also need to get some the damn exclusive figures as well.

Ive still got a boxed Optimus Prime G1 in the loft back home. And a shit load of other ones unboxed somewhere.

And there not as good when there plastic, i had a few of the Robots in Disguise figuers (optimus, magnus, megatron etc) and they were ok, but not great.