TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

Ripken, Gwynn elected to HOF

McGwire and Baines are the only new holdovers. Garvey was in the final year of his eligbility and Hershiser and Belle fell off the ballot. Gossage receives over 70% of the vote so he is pretty much a lock for next year.

Cal Ripken Jr. 537 98.5

Tony Gwynn 532 97.6

Rich Gossage 388 71.2

Jim Rice 346 63.5

Andre Dawson 309 56.7

Bert Blyleven 260 47.7

Lee Smith 217 39.8

Jack Morris 202 37.1

Mark McGwire 128 23.5

Tommy John 125 22.9

*Steve Garvey 115 21.1

Dave Concepcion 74 13.6

Alan Trammell 73 13.4

Dave Parker 62 11.4

Don Mattingly 54 9.9

Dale Murphy 50 9.2

Harold Baines 29 5.3

Orel Hershiser 24 4.4

Albert Belle 19 3.5

Paul O'Neill 12 2.2

Bret Saberhagen 7 1.3

Jose Canseco 6 1.1

Tony Fernandez 4 0.7

Dante Bichette 3 0.6

Eric Davis 3 0.6

Bobby Bonilla 2 0.4

Ken Caminiti 2 0.4

Jay Buhner 1 0.2

Scott Brosius 0 0.0

Wally Joyner 0 0.0

Devon White 0 0.0

Bobby Witt 0 0.0

I'm shocked at how little Don Mattingly got. I wanna see Alan Trammell in, but it's not looking good. Also would like to see Eric Davis in

To hell with McGwire, I was a big fan of his, but he's basicaly screwed himself over and doesn't deserve in.

Guest Princess Leena

How the hell does Gravey have 7% more than Trammell. Silly voters.

Goose must go in next year.

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"

98.5? Who DIDN'T think Cal Ripken Jr. was Cooperstown material? What a dumbshit.

Some total dumb fuck mailed in a blank ballot because he couldn't in good conscience vote for anyone from the steroids era. Not only should he lose his priviledges, but someone should rough that fucker up.

And honestly, Rice, Dawson and Blyleven should be in.

Guest Princess Leena

Those 90-year olds who hates all those young whippersnappers.

97.6% for Gwynn is ridiculous. He was just one of the Top 5 hitters in the league for like 15 years.

Guest NYankees
Some total dumb fuck mailed in a blank ballot because he couldn't in good conscience vote for anyone from the steroids era. Not only should he lose his priviledges, but someone should rough that fucker up.

He only did it to get himself famous. He was interviewed this morning on Mike and Mike. This is just like the asshole who voted Derek 6th.

One of the voters said it was because Babe Ruth didn't receive 100% of the votes.

On that note, how come no one has been voted into the HOF unanimously? I believe Tom Seaver has the highest percentage, receiving 98.8% of the votes. I mean, there's a laundry list of guys who should've got 100% of the votes(Ruth, DiMaggio, Mays, Aaron, Williams, Walter Johnson etc...)

He only did it to get himself famous. He was interviewed this morning on Mike and Mike. This is just like the asshole who voted Derek 6th.

Are you sure he's just trying to get famous? I didn't hear the interview, but I heard Mike and Mike just before he went on and Greenberg said he's worked with the guy for many years and says he's an up and up guy. Not that I trust every word out of his mouth.

EDIT: The writer's name is Paul Ladewski from the Daily Southtown (Chicago).

I think next year Goose and Rice get in. I'd vote for Justice b/c of his HR in the 95 World Series.

Who couldn't vote for Tony Gwynn? I mean really

Gossage is probably a lock for next year, as there aren't a great list of first-timers as far as I know. It's also going to be his 15th year on the ballot, I think.

Thirteenth. He retired in 1994.

Who is added to the ballot next year?
From the Hall of Hame site:

Shawon Dunston, Travis Fryman, David Justice, Mike Morgan, Tim Raines, Randy Velarde

That's probably not a comprehensive list.