A-Rod

Manny

Pudge

Bonds

Rickey

Griffey Jr

Thomas

Piazza

Too early for me to add Pujols, Santana, Zito, etc, but I'm sure they will be there at their pace.

TELL ME THAT SOMEONE ELSE REMEMBERS THIS

In the spirt of Gwen getting in

Topps baseball commercial. Two kids are trading baseball cards

Kid 1: "I'll trade you a Paul Molitor for your Tony Gwen."

Kid 2: "ok"

THEN the baseball cards start talking back to the kids

Gwen: "What?! I'm worth 2 Molitors."

Molitor: "No way, this guy's been out in the sun too long."

Gwen: "Check out the stats. 329 lifetime batting average abd 4 batting titles."

Molitor: "I was breaking world series records, when he was still a rookie.:

then cut to a little blah blah blah

Gwen: "You want a fair trade? Me for two of him, and a Jim Abbot."

then Abbot's card pops from behind Molitors with "Hey, I resent that."

Maybe my favorite commercial ever

I figure these current players are locks off the top of my head:

Maddux

Glavine

Johnson

Smoltz

Pedro

Rivera

Hoffman

Clemens

Jeter

A-Rod

Manny

Pudge

Bonds

Rickey

Griffey Jr

Thomas

Piazza

Too early for me to add Pujols, Santana, Zito, etc, but I'm sure they will be there at their pace.

I would add Roberto Alomar, Vlad Guerrero, Craig Biggio and Jeff Bagwell.

One of the voters said it was because Babe Ruth didn't receive 100% of the votes.

On that note, how come no one has been voted into the HOF unanimously? I believe Tom Seaver has the highest percentage, receiving 98.8% of the votes. I mean, there's a laundry list of guys who should've got 100% of the votes(Ruth, DiMaggio, Mays, Aaron, Williams, Walter Johnson etc...)

Joe D didn't even get INTO the Hall on his first 2 tries.

I have a feeling Bonds won't get in, or at least will have to wait a few years.

The Joe D thing amazes me. And who didn't vote for Aaron? Stupid writers

Holding Bonds out of the HOF is retardation on the highest level and anyone who backs such a position really needs to strongly consider how WRONG they are. He's a jerk. He probably did roids, yes.

But Barry was too good for too long, including multiple MVPs in years when steroids weren't even in question. Not to mention he was otherwordly and feared like no hitter (not named Babe Ruth) in history from 2001-2004. Hundreds of players were taking steroids at the time but none even came close to being the hitter and force that Bonds was.

People have to get on their high horse and preach to the moral fabric of America, but a HOF without Bonds is not a HOF.

No doubt Bonds was a Hall lock, pre-roids. But he did them, and shattered records left and right, which can't be denied either. I can't put him in.

Well Jayon Stark said. he would vote for Bonds based on the pre-roid years.

I also wonder how guys like Gwen, Cal, Ryan, and Ozzie don't just get 100% of the ballot. Anyone who didn't put in Cal or Tony this year, if I was in charge of the ballots it'd be hard to not call them up and go "reeeeeally now?" Some people just belong there

I also wonder how guys like Gwen, Cal, Ryan, and Ozzie don't just get 100% of the ballot. Anyone who didn't put in Cal or Tony this year, if I was in charge of the ballots it'd be hard to not call them up and go "reeeeeally now?" Some people just belong there

Please stop calling Tony Gwynn Gwen.

Seaver has the record at 98.83%, Ryan is second at 98.79% and Ripken is now # 3 at 98.53%

Gossage is probably a lock for next year, as there aren't a great list of first-timers as far as I know. It's also going to be his 15th year on the ballot, I think.

Thirteenth. He retired in 1994.

Who is added to the ballot next year?
From the Hall of Hame site:

Shawon Dunston, Travis Fryman, David Justice, Mike Morgan, Tim Raines, Randy Velarde

That's probably not a comprehensive list.

Here's a list I put together of who's eligible next year, again not everyone will necessarily be on the ballot.

Brady Anderson

Delino DeShields

Shawon Dunston

Darrin Fletcher

Travis Fryman

David Justice

Chuck Knoblauch

Darren Lewis

Tim Raines

Lee Stevens

John Valentin

Randy Velarde

Andy Benes

Chuck Finley

Mike Morgan

Robb Nen

Jose Rijo

Todd Sottlemyre

Greg Swindell

Holding Bonds out of the HOF is retardation on the highest level and anyone who backs such a position really needs to strongly consider how WRONG they are. He's a jerk. He probably did roids, yes.

But Barry was too good for too long, including multiple MVPs in years when steroids weren't even in question. Not to mention he was otherwordly and feared like no hitter (not named Babe Ruth) in history from 2001-2004. Hundreds of players were taking steroids at the time but none even came close to being the hitter and force that Bonds was.

People have to get on their high horse and preach to the moral fabric of America, but a HOF without Bonds is not a HOF.

So you agree that Pete Rose should be in, right?

Why did players lose votes or have a lower % of votes?

Bert Blyleven lost 17 votes. Jim Rice gained 11 more votes but dropped in % of votes.

Frequently when there are two or more locks on the ballots, the vote totals of the rest drop. This is either because voters don't want to crowd the podium or (more likely) it is simply the mathematical result of the rest of the players essentially competing for an eight spot ballot instead of ten.

Here's the complete list of players who retired after 2002...

http://www.baseball-reference.com/leagues/...002_final.shtml

Guest Princess Leena

How do you know when Bonds started taking steroids, or whatever he did? That's my issue with him.