TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Styles

TSM Fantasy Baseball 2007

I think the only realistic option could be like the NFL draft, you buzzer runs you get skipped and just slot in whenever you show back up whether 1 or 10 picks have passed in your absence. Kind of hard to agree on a BPA.

I wouldn't propose that here for a couple days since it was kind of a "ok, let's start" deal with no actual declared time ahead of time.

I think the only realistic option could be like the NFL draft, you buzzer runs you get skipped and just slot in whenever you show back up whether 1 or 10 picks have passed in your absence. Kind of hard to agree on a BPA.

I wouldn't propose that here for a couple days since it was kind of a "ok, let's start" deal with no actual declared time ahead of time.

I like this idea.

That's the only thing I never did like give a week's notice to when we're starting I just sort of assumed everyone would be checking the thread and be ready to participate.

He hasn't posted for a week, I've sent him an email message through his given email in his profile. I'll give until the end of the weekend for him to show back up, if he doesn't I think the fairest thing to do would be to give his team away and a new manager would take over his draft position and keeper selections. What does everyone think of that idea?

And this reminds me, if like iggy, you know you're going to be gone and offline for a certain amount of time, please just let me know and I'd be happy to wait until your return.

When do I make my first pick?

Assuming you were looking for a real answer, pick 31.

Everyone's first 5 picks (after that it falls pretty much in line)

Bored: 19, 41, 69, 76, 102

Canadian Chris: 1, 17, 38, 72, 73

Cartman: 6, 24, 60, 85, 93

Cena's Writer: 8, 29, 52, 55, 88

Cuban Linx: 37, 42, 68, 77, 101

Deep Thought: 5, 12, 46, 96, 113

Fokai: 14, 66, 79, 100, 110

Iggymcfly: 27, 28, 53, 54, 89

Leelee: 3, 21, 35, 65, 80

Kingofthe909: 47, 62, 83, 95, 114

Krankor: 40, 70, 75, 103, 106

Marvinisalunatic: 11, 23, 33, 61, 84

MJ Styles: 4, 22, 34, 45, 63

pinjockey: 10, 25, 32, 48, 59

Precious Roy: 16, 18, 39, 71, 74

raz: 13, 44, 64, 81, 98

Stephen Joseph: 26, 30, 51, 56, 119

treble: 7, 9, 49, 58, 86

Verne Gagne: 31, 50, 57, 87, 118

Will Scarlet: 2, 15, 20, 36, 43

Anybody have any idea where Jack Bauer is? I said I'd wait until the end of the weekend before I give away his team. Does anybody think we should wait longer?

OK, guess everything's fine. Keep my spot and I'll be glad to make my first selection in a couple weeks. As far as Jack Bauer goes, I'd say that the end of the weekend's fine. If he doesn't have a pick in by 12AM EST tonight, you should just let the next person down the line go.

When do I make my first pick?

Assuming you were looking for a real answer, pick 31.

Everyone's first 5 picks (after that it falls pretty much in line)

Bored: 19, 41, 69, 76, 102

Canadian Chris: 1, 17, 38, 72, 73

Cartman: 6, 24, 60, 85, 93

Cena's Writer: 8, 29, 52, 55, 88

Cuban Linx: 37, 42, 68, 77, 101

Deep Thought: 5, 12, 46, 96, 113

Fokai: 14, 66, 79, 100, 110

Iggymcfly: 27, 28, 53, 54, 89

Jack Bauer: 3, 21, 35, 65, 80

Kingofthe909: 47, 62, 83, 95, 114

Krankor: 40, 70, 75, 103, 106

Marvinisalunatic: 11, 23, 33, 61, 84

MJ Styles: 4, 22, 34, 45, 63

pinjockey: 10, 25, 32, 48, 59

Precious Roy: 16, 18, 39, 71, 74

raz: 13, 44, 64, 81, 98

Stephen Joseph: 26, 30, 51, 56, 119

treble: 7, 9, 49, 58, 86

Verne Gagne: 31, 50, 57, 87, 118

Will Scarlet: 2, 15, 20, 36, 43

Thanks. What about the rest of the roster?

I agree with iggy, if we get to 12am just let the next person in line go. I don't see the harm in giving him until the end of the first round to show back up (4 more picks before he would have to reshow). If he doesn't show up by them it's time for the ax, because if you skip anymore the person who takes over the team is going to be completely screwed.

Verne, what do you mean whole roster? If you mean pick order, looking at your first 5 picks just assume another 16-20 picks between selections after 118. It evens out by that point to where there are only a couple keepers per round and your keepers rounds have been finished by the time you have made your 5th pick (so you wouldn't have any more skips).

I agree with iggy, if we get to 12am just let the next person in line go. I don't see the harm in giving him until the end of the first round to show back up (4 more picks before he would have to reshow). If he doesn't show up by them it's time for the ax, because if you skip anymore the person who takes over the team is going to be completely screwed.

See, that's what I'm afraid of. If someone else does take over his team, I don't want them to be screwed in making picks. But, I will go with this idea if people think its more fair (keep Round 1 going, and basically give him until the end of the round to show up and then give away the team before Round 2). Ironically, I'm next to pick, so hopefully this isn't seen as a conflict of interest (heck, wasn't my suggestion!)

As for the rest of the order, I will be posting before every round the official draft order for the round. If you want to plan ahead just do what I'm doing which is take the 1 through 20 order that I posted, eliminate anybody with keepers tied to a certain round and remember to reverse the order serpentine style every other round (so even rounds will be 20 to 1).

Bauer has had plenty of time to pick. I say move his pick to the end of the first round and if he doesn't pick by them to give his team away to someone else. We need to get this going otherwise Roger Clemens will actually end up being a legitimate first round selection.

I also think we need some kind of time limit for each person's draft pick. 24 hours should be plenty of time for someone to check the board and see if it's their turn to pick. If they don't select in 24 hours they get booted to the end of the round. That's my though on the matter.

Ok, well in that case, its after midnight, and by coincidence, I'm the next pick after Jack. After much deliberation, Rockbirds take:

Andruw Jones, OF, Atlanta Braves

andruw.jpg

I will bump and update the Draft thread as well so people can see where we are.

OK everyone, I'll update the other thread with these picks and work on posting Round 2. Before that, how long should I give Jack to resurface? Midnight tonight? another 2 days (which would make 2 weeks since he last posted around here?) or something else? At that point I will offer his spot to someone on the waiting list (Leena did express interest so I'll ask, and if not go to somebody in the other thread looking to start a new league).

I'll play.

Do I have to do something now.

Well, she beat me to the thread but Leena (can I call you that? Its easier then typing "Queen Leelee") will be joining us, taking Jack Bauer's spot.

These players are currently on your team, per Jack's keeper round picks:

Pick 1: Jack Bauer- Carlos Zambrano (ChC - SP)- ROUND 2

Pick 3: Jack Bauer- Carlos Guillén (Det - SS)- ROUND 9

Pick 5: Jack Bauer- Adam LaRoche (Pit - 1B)- ROUND 14

Pick 7: Jack Bauer- Scott Rolen (StL - 3B)- ROUND 5

The rounds mean you will not make a pick in those rounds (in favor of keeping the named player). Check this thread: http://forums.thesmartmarks.com/index.php?showtopic=84846

which includes all the currently taken players, so you can do a "find on this page" deal searching for a player you want to take to see if he's been taken yet. You'll make your picks and keep conversation in this thread though. Speaking of which, make your 1st round pick now (with google image if you like) and then I'll update the other thread with the Round 2 draft order. Full draft order is posted earlier in this thread (You'll take over Jack's spot) and every other round we reverse order, so its serpentine style. Not everyone drafts every round though because of keeper picks. Make sense? Any questions just post away.