TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

2007 NFL Playoffs

This the Super Bowl, why are we talking about matchups like people won't watch the game anyways. It could be Cardinals/Jaguars and it would still pull in the ratings.

As for the game, I said before that the Colts needed to play a lot better than the past two weeks to win this game and after a shaky quarter and a half they did and fully deserve to win.

It's not so much as a ratings concern but rather a "what can we talk about for two weeks and who cares about these teams?" isssue which is null since as I said before, Chicago has a national fanbase with history. Manning is the face of the NFL and have a popular offense that is attractive. Not to mention the big story from the media, Two Black Coaches.

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"
Two AWESOME games today. Football is something else.

To be fair, the NFC game was crap unless you're a Bears fan.

Well,

This the Super Bowl, why are we talking about matchups like people won't watch the game anyways. It could be Cardinals/Jaguars and it would still pull in the ratings.

As for the game, I said before that the Colts needed to play a lot better than the past two weeks to win this game and after a shaky quarter and a half they did and fully deserve to win.

It's not so much as a ratings concern but rather a "what can we talk about for two weeks and who cares about these teams?" isssue which is null since as I said before, Chicago has a national fanbase with history. Manning is the face of the NFL and have a popular offense that is attractive. Not to mention the big story from the media, Two Black Coaches.

God forbid people actually talk about the game on the field.

Didn't the Cardinals have a national following and take part in the least watched WS since everyone had television just a few months ago?

Because no one else in the country gave them a shot in hell remember?

Colts vs Bears is a classic match-up on tons of levels. Offensive juggernaut vs defensive power, two friends battling it out for a place in history, and a young quarterback always questioned against the quarterback hoping to rise above Dan Marino.

How much more intrigue you need?

Two AWESOME games today. Football is something else.

To be fair, the NFC game was crap unless you're a Bears fan.

Well,

I know. Just saying, it was far from a great game, although I'm sure it was the mostenjoyable of all time for you.

Was anybody on this board besides Rendclaw alive the last time the Colts went to the Super bowl?

Hell, I was two weeks old the last time Chicago went to the Super Bowl.

Fucking AWESOME game. Both teams made insanely rediculous plays on both sides of the ball and the better team won today...in both leagues!

Go Bears!

Was anybody on this board besides Rendclaw alive the last time the Colts went to the Super bowl?

I was five, but I do have the Bears Super Bowl championship wall plaque that my grandfather gave me. Which is kind of a foul play because they beat the Patriots but f that, it was from my grandfather.

I know I personally have no interest in seeing the Bears and Colts play each other. I'll watch it, because you know, it's the f'n Super Bowl, but I'm not all that pumped about it. If this happened back in October when both teams were dominant, it would be interesting. In their current wildly inconsistent states? Not so much. At least the two week layoff won't bother me.

I'm acutally genuinely interested in this match-up but it will probably be gone by the time the game is actually played. The two week wait for the Super Bowl is one of the more annoying things in sports.

Hell, I was two weeks old the last time Chicago went to the Super Bowl.

Heh; I was nearly eleven... That was the first time I'd ever watched the Super Bowl... and seeing as how I'm not all that into football, I haven't watched many; in fact, the only two that I've ever watched were 20 (with my family) and 37 (at a shipmate's house).

Seeing as how there are two Black head coaches for the first time ever, though (and yes, that actually is a big deal to some people), I figure this is as good a time to watch my third as any...

Oh come on, this is miles ahead of Steelers-Seawhats.

That's precisely what I said 30 minutes ago. The media had to beg that one guy from Seattle to say something to piss off Porter. Other then that, what the hell were people talking about? There was zero national interest in that affair and the game itself provided nothing worthwhile as well.

Right off the bat, you get the media ready "Black Coaches" angle, the faces of the NFL (Manning and Urlacher), Defense Vs Offense and you can probably add the suspense of Tank Johnson doing something dumb in Miami.

It hasn't even been an hour and there's already loads more interest and plots for this game then last year and the Brady Bowls minus the TO circus.

I was five, but I do have the Bears Super Bowl championship wall plaque that my grandfather gave me. Which is kind of a foul play because they beat the Patriots but f that, it was from my grandfather.

You're forty-two?

Guest Princess Leena

The 1179 mentions of TWO BLACK COACHES WHY DOESN'T EVERY TEAM HIRE ONE will make me not want to watch the Super Bowl for commercials.

You're forty-two?

No, I meant the Bears. I'm pretty drugged up and about to go to bed. Somehow I got the Colts confused with the Bears, which says I should go right now. Since there is no way I could normally confuse that.

The 1179 mentions of TWO BLACK COACHES WHY DOESN'T EVERY TEAM HIRE ONE will make me not want to watch the Super Bowl for commercials.

Better to have 2 instead of one or we'd have a nation of Scoop Jackson's and Wilbon's doing their usual moronic about racism.

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"
you can probably add the suspense of Tank Johnson doing something dumb in Miami.

I'm not sure if he'll be given permission to leave Illinois.