TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Princess Leena

American Idol

Guest Queen Leelee

Thankfully, that's the last week of males only.

I have no idea who's leaving. At least 6 of them should be gone.

Blake, Chris, Chris, Sanjaya & Sundance are locks. So Brandon, Jared & Phil are fighting for the last spot and none of them were any good this week. If they didn't have to do the stupid 6/6 split I'd say that only 3 or 4 guys deserve to make the Top 12.

Guest Queen Leelee

Phil has to be gone after that. Even the military shit can't help him now.

I think Jared was worse than Brandon.

I also think Sanjaya is in risk, as well. But, I want him to stay since he draws so much ire from fans.

I dunno. Phil looked good in the recap, but he revealed that he is clearly crazygonuts (and not in the fun retarded quirky Taylor way) which may scare people. So it really depends on how many people value potential over performance.

Wow. That was the worst Idol show I have seen thus far. I'd say damn near all of those guys sucked tonight aside from maybe 2 or 3. Phil almost has to be gone after that debacle tonight, but I have no idea who else is 2nd on the list. I'll say Jared, since he's fairly nondescript and brings little to the table. At least guys like Sanjaya and Sundance are notable and have some sort of odd charisma.

In all honesty, Sundance might deserve to be canned due to that butchering of Jeremy. I doubt that he will be though.

But Sundance sang Mustang Sally! And Jeremy! He's a rocker! That's what he's riding on. He stomps one foot with the beat and closes his eyes a lot when he sings, which I'm assuming makes him soulful or something. He's terrible, though. Almost all of these guys are pretty bad - Sligh's the only one actually worth a damn, I think.

Dialidol has Sundance and Phil in the last 2 spots, but all 8 guys are within the margin of error so we'll see what happens tomorrow night. Sundance being eliminated after violating Jeremy would be glorious.

Guest Queen Leelee

No. We need Sundance to survive. "Jeremy" was just the beginning. He's going to brutally murder some song in the next few weeks.

Sanjaya's a better fit to ruin a song, get mauled by the judges and still come back next week with an even worse effort. Sundance is probably taking some of Sligh's votes from those who like the fat, sloppy white guy look community too. It's a shame we can't just vote off 4 guys, keep all 8 girls and have Antonella vs Sanjaya battle it out for this season's worst contestant in the top 12.

Guest Queen Leelee

Sanjaya definitely can't fuck up stuff worse than Sundance. He's just a boring, underdeveloped voice, no stage presence, woman looking boy. He's hated like Kevin. He'll be bleh every week, but nothing memorable.

Sundance is entertainment. He has his few OK karaoke sounding performances, but when he's bad, he knocks it out of the park.

Sanjaya is worlds above Covias, to be fair. He just plays it way too safe with both his song selection and the way he performs his songs. He has shown glimses of what the judges love, but rarely ever feels it and goes big. Chalk it up to nerves and inexperience in performing infront of big audiences, but he doesn't let loose and while I don't think that is killing him, I think it really is hurting him from placing beyond the top 11.

I want Sundance to go far because I am just waiting for his coke-binge-fueled collapse on stage... and/or Meatloaf nite.

Guest Queen Leelee

I agree that Sanjaya is better. He does have a really pretty voice. I actually liked him in auditions. But, it seems like his sister or mom picks all of his songs. And everything else about him is just horrible.

Guest Queen Leelee

Meanwhile, I think this is a big week for the ladies... with how crappy the guys are, I don't expect to be seeing any of the girls to be going for a while once the final 12 start.

One of good black girls is going to go this week... law of averages dictates it must happen. Thus, none of them can fuck up. Plus, Barba will be safe since every AI hater will be voting for her.

As far as the girls tonight, I think Haley is probably gone (shame too, she's one of the hotter girls...no skills though). And really, I think I'll go with Barba being history as well. There's a difference in voting a notable loser to advance over nondescript losers with no charisma. But voting off some fairly talented chicks to keep her on? Bah.

While the women are vastly more talented than the guys, I find them all insufferably boring and uninteresting. Melinda Doolittle gets points for the name, but that's about it. I really liked Leslie Hunt, who was goofy and cute and had that accent which is a great combination, and liked Feist, which is even better, and now that she is gone so has most of the personality from the ladies.

Guest Queen Leelee

Jordin wasn't bad. Pretty screechy, but stepped it up performance wise. Probably good enough to keep her around.

Guest Queen Leelee

Sabrina was good. Her regular singing is solid, but when she tries hitting the high notes, it's painful. Unfortunately, in this competition where hitting the big notes is what matters to the judges, it will cost her. She also looks amazingly good below the nose. I hope she stays...

Guest Queen Leelee

What the hell was that song.

Simon is on the money with his critiques tonight.

Guest Queen Leelee

Another song that sounded like all screaming and rambled on.

Stephanie's good enough to move on, though.

Guest Queen Leelee

LaKisha is damn good. We'll see if Melinda can beat her again.

Guest Queen Leelee

Awww... Mady's so cute.

Hayley is dead. She sang a strange song, and Simon verbally destroyed her.

Nothing else of note.