TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Decemberists

WON News + Notes, January 22nd Issue

Triple H is missing the big picture where said person who is in DX getting over can just turn heel when Trips comes back, and then Trips can just squash them at some PPV, while Shawn Michaels plays the part of "WHOSE SIDE IS HE ON??!!"

Come on H, I thought you could at least look this far down the road.

HBK and HHH weren't well liked politically back in the day, however they were untouchable(well HBK, and Deisel/Razor were) because they made so much damn money for Vince. Punk has to hope he keeps on selling merchandise and keeps popping the crowds - because that usually trumps petty politics.

They could also threaten to leave though, back in the glorious days of competition (competition that made a difference).

No doubt about it. I guess we have to cheer both for CM Punk and TNA.

Or that Gabe and Co. win the Powerball...

Is there some reason why Metlz basically had to be negitive towardsa all the HOF candiates?

Is there some reason why Metlz basically had to be negitive towardsa all the HOF candiates?

He only seemed to be negative towards a few (like Fuji, Tyson and Mr. T). Any why not? Those guys don't deserve to be anywhere near the Hall of Fame.

Meltzer bags on it because he knows it's a joke. I mean look at what he said about the Von Erichs. Part of the World Class tape library acquisition was a HoF induction. That says all that needs to be said.

Has anyone in the WWE seen the problem of a 53 year old Hulk Hogan being able to pick up and slam Khali when no one else on their roster will be able to do it? Have they looked at the logically problem of basically making Hulk Hogan stronger than the entire WWE roster? Instead of, you know, building up a NEW wrestler to slam Khali and use the huge boast it could provide which would STILL honor the stupid Hogan/Giant body slam.

Hell, use that big dumb musclehead Stephanie likes. It's better than this stupid crap.

I don't think Hogan can slam Khali anyway. I think Hogan might literally break into pieces if he tried it.

Hasn't he had like three or four knee surgeries by this point?

I don't think Hogan can slam Khali anyway. I think Hogan might literally break into pieces if he tried it.

He's got an artificial knee or hip, I think. At any rate, I wouldn't risk having Hogan attempting to slam anyone of that size.

Yeah but he didn't sell any of them.

Why does Fuji not deserve to be in the HOF? The dude managed Demolition to the tag titles and then later on managed Yokozuna to the world title. Sure, he spoke in ultra broken English, but he was one devious mofo who could come up with a plan (the 10 jobbers attacking UT for instance...yeah it was bullshit but you gotta admit it's a great heel mastermind plan).

Also, why in the hell are they even debating who Cena should face at WM? It flat out must be Michaels at this point. There is nothing else you can do with it. Let Team Brokeback do their own undercard feud. If you are Vince you have to ask yourself "Which matches make money?" UT/Batista will draw money. HBK/Cena will draw money. Cena vs. Orton? Fuck no.

Good grief, HHH was slotted to face Cena again at WM. He gets hurt, so just slide his partner in there and have a better match to boot.

Why does Fuji not deserve to be in the HOF? The dude managed Demolition to the tag titles and then later on managed Yokozuna to the world title. Sure, he spoke in ultra broken English, but he was one devious mofo who could come up with a plan (the 10 jobbers attacking UT for instance...yeah it was bullshit but you gotta admit it's a great heel mastermind plan).

Fuji couldn't talk and he couldn't get heat, which last time I checked were the two reasons you have managers. Sure in kayfabe he managed a couple champions, but he really didn't do anything of consequence during his entire run. It's supposed to be a Hall of Fame.

Also, why in the hell are they even debating who Cena should face at WM? It flat out must be Michaels at this point. There is nothing else you can do with it. Let Team Brokeback do their own undercard feud. If you are Vince you have to ask yourself "Which matches make money?" UT/Batista will draw money. HBK/Cena will draw money. Cena vs. Orton? Fuck no.

Good grief, HHH was slotted to face Cena again at WM. He gets hurt, so just slide his partner in there and have a better match to boot.

The name Wrestlemania will be the draw, and to a lesser extent Taker/Batista will be as well. The difference in buys between doing Cena/Shawn and Cena/Orton will probably be insignificant in the grand scheme of things. Why not give Orton the rub instead of putting Michaels into a match where no one gains anything?

But with Edge vs. Orton on the undercard, Edge could easily carry Orton to a good 15-18 minute match. Might not be some giant spectacular, and the thought of face Orton is blah at best, but Edge would/should go over in the end. Maybe make it a number one contendership match. Sure, Edge vs. Cena has been played into the ground at this point, but they at least have decent matches with each other. In the end they could save the 4-way for Backlash (with Orton and HBK both finding their own ways of getting into the match even after Edge wins contendership. That's a good main event to sell for a lesser PPV, and they could probably easily fill out the rest of the Backlash card with the Womens, IC, and Tag titles, Umaga in a new feud, Carlito, Masters, Kenny, Flair, and maybe a secondary tag match.

Fuji also won five tag team titles. His pairing with Prof. Toru Tanaka is one of the more famous teams of the 1970s.

Shawn going for 'that one last shot at the gold" is good for far more added buys than Cena/Orton can do right now.

Will it bring that many more marginal buys to Wrestlemania though? Just about all the hardcores will buy it anyways. Why not save Shawn's last title shot for a feud later in the year?

But, the excuse of "It's Wrestlemania, so it'll sell no matter what" shouldn't be used for having a weak card.

It's WRESTLEMANIA, it should have the best card possible.

Shawn going for 'that one last shot at the gold" is good for far more added buys than Cena/Orton can do right now.

Why not save Shawn's last title shot for a feud later in the year?

Because the timing is perfect to do it now. He can win the Rumble in his hometown, and he can dedicate the win to Hunter who the people know is his best friend and is injured. It'll mean a whole lot more now, when the emotion behind is more real because of Hunter and it can be built around it happening at Wrestlemania, then holding it off and going with it later in the year.

Has Shawn-Cena ever happened?

October 31st 2005 Raw, as part of the build to the Cena-Shawn-Angle match at TT.

THe idea was raised of putting someone with Michaels a new DX member to get them over. HHH put a stop to it.

LOL.

Thanks for posting these.

Vince: Big H, I wanna put someone else in DX til you get better, then you can beat the shit of him when you get back. I was thinking Johnny Nitro. Cool?

HHH: DAD, remember the last time we put other people in DX?? Rick Rude. HE DIED. Chyna. SHE PROBABLY DIED. X-Pac - drug user. Road Dogg & Billy Gunn? Their making fun of you and your name. YOUR NAME.

Vince: Dammit, you're right. What shall we do?

HHH: Just build up Shawn to be as strong as two men. Then I'll beat the shit out of Nitro when I get back.

Vince: Why?

HHH: You said I could!

HA HA HA

Seriously though that is probably the gist of what actually happened.

Punk getting heat for making out is a joke as well. So just he is getting yelled at I guess, Maria is a "diva" afterall and a face one at that which means she is supposed to be a slut.(remember showing off your body makes you a face but beng embarrased makes you heel and a "prude")

Now if they were doing it in front of the soldiers I can see why. you know at least one soldier probably said to himself "look at that skinny tattooed douche, how does he get the hot girl? I'm a freaking hero for gods sake!"

He only seemed to be negative towards a few (like Fuji, Tyson and Mr. T). Any why not? Those guys don't deserve to be anywhere near the Hall of Fame.

You must not know Mr. Fuji's wrestling history. Fuji was one of the top wrestlers of the 70's and became one of the most hated heel managers in the WWE. Mr. T should be in it as well just because he's part of the reason why the big wrestling boom in the 80's happened in the first place, though I think Cyndi Lauper should be put in it before him. Mike Tyson should not be in it.

Why not save Shawn's last title shot for a feud later in the year?

Because the timing is perfect to do it now. He can win the Rumble in his hometown, and he can dedicate the win to Hunter who the people know is his best friend and is injured. It'll mean a whole lot more now, when the emotion behind is more real because of Hunter and it can be built around it happening at Wrestlemania, then holding it off and going with it later in the year.

If you do that storyline, you have to give Shawn the belt, which would be bad for business. Not only would you effectively turn the crowd against your #1 babyface, you'd be presenting a show in the year 2007 where the big moments are Hogan slamming a giant and Shawn Michaels and Undertaker winning your world titles.