TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Decemberists

WON News + Notes, January 22nd Issue

Much respect for posting these...

For everyone saying that CM Punk would get heat for coughing backstage I think you have the wrong perspective. If you happened to work in the same company as your girl and the company went on a high profile business trip and you spent the whole time making out with your girl after you had already been talked to about it last year (by the owner's wife) then it is on you. Save that stuff for private time and use a little common sense.

I am amazed that they are preapared to blow two big loads in Donald Trump and slamming Khali (I agree with HTQ, Hogan physically could not do it and Khali physically could not help him enough to make it look halfway respectable) on a 50+ year old special attraction. Someone at Titan needs to dig out those old Huckster and Nacho Man videos (from 11 years ago!!!!) and realize the joke is on them.

Is there some reason why Metlz basically had to be negitive towardsa all the HOF candiates?

He only seemed to be negative towards a few (like Fuji, Tyson and Mr. T). Any why not? Those guys don't deserve to be anywhere near the Hall of Fame.

You must not know Mr. Fuji's wrestling history. Fuji was one of the top wrestlers of the 70's and became one of the most hated heel managers in the WWE. Mr. T should be in it as well just because he's part of the reason why the big wrestling boom in the 80's happened in the first place, though I think Cyndi Lauper should be put in it before him. Mike Tyson should not be in it.

I do know Fuji's history and he's not a Hall of Famer. He's just not. Maybe you could get by adding him and Tanaka as a team, but his contributions were negligible as a manager.

Second, saying Mr. T caused the 80s boom = saying Tyson caused the 90s boom

Shawn going for 'that one last shot at the gold" is good for far more added buys than Cena/Orton can do right now.

Why not save Shawn's last title shot for a feud later in the year?

Because the timing is perfect to do it now. He can win the Rumble in his hometown, and he can dedicate the win to Hunter who the people know is his best friend and is injured. It'll mean a whole lot more now, when the emotion behind is more real because of Hunter and it can be built around it happening at Wrestlemania, then holding it off and going with it later in the year.

If you do that storyline, you have to give Shawn the belt, which would be bad for business. Not only would you effectively turn the crowd against your #1 babyface, you'd be presenting a show in the year 2007 where the big moments are Hogan slamming a giant and Shawn Michaels and Undertaker winning your world titles.

Shawn having the belt could be good for business because you can in some great directions. You can have Shawn dedicate his reign to Hunter, and have Edge screw him out of the belt which gives Shawn a strong program and if Hunter comes back soon enough you can go back to DX vs. RKO which they're going to anyway so adding the dynamic of Edge, or Orton, ruining Shawn's dream adds heat to it. Add in Cena to the storyline and you get a third dimension of Cena wanting his belt back which allows for the twist of Cena helping DX in their fight against Edge when it was Shawn who beat him for the belt, but you can also add in speculation of whether Cena is really going to save Shawn because of Shawn beating him for the belt. It can make for a strong program to last well into the year, and that's good for business.

Not to mention that if Vince does have Batista beat Undertaker, then that crowd are going to be, if not irate then very deflated, and Shawn winning the title will give the night a great feel good ending that will bring the crowd right back up.

Is there some reason why Metlz basically had to be negitive towardsa all the HOF candiates?

He only seemed to be negative towards a few (like Fuji, Tyson and Mr. T). Any why not? Those guys don't deserve to be anywhere near the Hall of Fame.

You must not know Mr. Fuji's wrestling history. Fuji was one of the top wrestlers of the 70's and became one of the most hated heel managers in the WWE. Mr. T should be in it as well just because he's part of the reason why the big wrestling boom in the 80's happened in the first place, though I think Cyndi Lauper should be put in it before him. Mike Tyson should not be in it.

I do know Fuji's history and he's not a Hall of Famer. He's just not. Maybe you could get by adding him and Tanaka as a team, but his contributions were negligible as a manager.

Second, saying Mr. T caused the 80s boom = saying Tyson caused the 90s boom

I didn't say T caused the 80's boom, but I did say he did help it happen.

I think Hunter the poster is right. HBK/Cena will mean more now and seem more real. I think the problem may actually be Cena going over HBK. They are not going to job Cena to HBK with how they see Cena as superman for the new era. I think UT is winning the Rumble anyways. He was screwed out of the title shot and if he wins the Rumble I think he's going to lose at Mania due to how they are hyping the Rumble winner's chance of getting the win at Mania is a high percentage. Good booking, but Batista shouldn't get the rub. It should be Edge and I'm not that big a fan of the guy, but he would use that rub a million times better than Batista and he isn't injury prone and old as Batista. As for the HOF, I still think that Hogan thing was a work. They are probably looking at forums and seeing what the hardcore fans think of these choices and go from there. Mr. Fuji should be in the HOF for taking the second best DDT by Jake(nothing touches Steamboat on SME). Anyone remember that comedy show that was Jake DDTing Fuji and the man was shaking like a BUTT in a hip hop video and his HAT stayed on his head? That was hilarious. It was after a Sika match on SNME.

Have they ever thought of doing a Hulk Hogan vs. King Booker program? I mean the "nigga" comment notwithstanding, Booker's has the perfect 80s cheeseball gimmick for Hogan to play off of. And Booker's ego won't get in the way of him doing his job and trying to make it look like 1987 again . . . well, except for the fact that he's 250 pounds underweight.

Man, they should just put Hogan and Austin in a tag team against Umaga/Khali and call it day. Too bad Hogan and Austin can't agree on anything for this historic show.

Have they ever thought of doing a Hulk Hogan vs. King Booker program? I mean the "nigga" comment notwithstanding, Booker's has the perfect 80s cheeseball gimmick for Hogan to play off of. And Booker's ego won't get in the way of him doing his job and trying to make it look like 1987 again . . . well, except for the fact that he's 250 pounds underweight.

He's been on the chris masters' diet.

They pretty much have to put Ali in this year since he might not make it to next year. Save Mr T for another time.

Ali, Iron Shiek, Ted Dibiase and Dusty Rhodes.

Oh, and since the WWE brought back the HOF, they should bring back the Slammys.

They pretty much have to put Ali in this year since he might not make it to next year. Save Mr T for another time.

Ali, Iron Shiek, Ted Dibiase and Dusty Rhodes.

Oh, and since the WWE brought back the HOF, they should bring back the Slammys.

06.jpg

Agrees.

Muhammad Ali - He lives in Detroit and they're desperate for the press attention he'd get.

He actually lives in Arizona, and the WWE would only get press attention if he showed up for it, which I doubt.

Okay, first off if UT wins the Rumble he HAS to win the title at WM. I can see Cena retaining but they need that big title change at WM, and no, ECW is not a serious title change. Why the hell would they job UT out to Batista and end his streak on a guy who is already declining himself? Further, where on earth do you go with Batista as champ after he beats the one invincible guy on SD in UT? That'd be just the most retarded booking on earth and the fans would also take the largest shit on it. Fans might accept Cena beating Michaels since that's kinda happened before, but not UT losing.

Jesus, who is booking this crap? Do they not have one single bit of common sense on what to put on a big PPV and after signing the matches what finishes to book? A drooling vegetable could book this PPV and have it draw money.

Don't worry the feelings on Batista are souring while all the guys like Taker.......they'll end up changing it by Mania, especially when the crowds all shit all over Batista.

If UT wins, he needs to hold it till the next PPV (or even GAB) and lose it to someone like Kennedy. Then do a Kennedy/Benoit feud when they finally finish with the Eddy shit. Let Booker, UT, and Batista round out the upper mid-card and get some other people over before they all fall apart.

The one thing that's missing from the CM Punk story is not so much that he had heat on him for making out with Maria constantly, but for the fact that he was doing it publically, when the image they want to portray is that the WWE Women are single / available.

Muhammad Ali - He lives in Detroit and they're desperate for the press attention he'd get.

He actually lives in Arizona, and the WWE would only get press attention if he showed up for it, which I doubt.

Hmm. WM 24 from arizona..that new fandangled retractable field stadium they have.

The BEST thing to do is have HBK win the rumble and Edge beat Cena for the title on a RAW. Cena faces Orton, who costs him the belt. We get HBK/Edge, Cena/Orton, Taker/Dave. Umaga/Benoit for fun as well.

Khali is WAY TOO top heavy for anyone to slam him... I can barely see Cena giving him the FU, so how would Hogan be able to scoop slam him?

Also, Hogan/Khali is just plain stupidity... you can't build up Khali destroying the whole roster, only for Old Man Hogan to come in on his bad back, knees, and hip... and defeat Khali. The smartest thing to do would be to somehow how get a tag match just so Hogan could come in and hit the legdrop after Cena, Lashley, Brown, or anybody hits the "SLAM" on Khali. But that won't happen.

A program that I know will never happen, just seems to make too much sense is Khali/Umaga.

OH MY GOD!! You can't have Hogan slam Khali!! Remember the last time Hogan slammed a giant? I mean Hogan slammed the 700 pound giant and three days later Andre was dead!!

Does the WWE want to kill Khali? think of all his freakish children back in india!!

Guest NateW

I don't really buy into this WWE raiding WSX story. In fact, Bryan Alvarez in the latest F4W newsletter reports that the word from WSX is that most of their workers, including Hart, Sydal and Ruckus, have two year deals. There are times when Meltzer is wrong. A few months ago he reported that Rey Mysterio's WWE deal expired in about six months, yet a few weeks later he stated that Rey's contract actually expires sometime in 2008.

What if they just have Umaga destroy Cena for the belt at the Rumble (maybe even shoot an injury angle). Umaga runs roughshod over the fed for a couple months why Cena chases before triumphantly returning to win the belt at Mania. Is that too paint by numbers to work these days?

Here is what I don't get. What in the hell is HBK going to do at WM if he doesn't go for the title? I don't see any potential matchup there. If you do Orton/Cena then you're left with Edge/HBK, which we just saw on Raw! If you do the 3 way with Cena/Orton/Edge then Michaels is left with no opponent at all, unless they want to do a cross promotion match. Even then no one on SD really leaps off the page at me as being some amazing match for HBK (maybe Benoit if they hadn't jobbed him to Kennedy in 5 minutes).

These notes likely were written before this week's Raw, where it became obvious that they are going in the direction of Cena/HBK and Orton/Edge. Orton and Edge aren't going to win the Rumble, in fact I don't recall Orton even being seriously discussed on TV as winning it. Edge mentioned winning it but we know he won't since Edge/Cena is stale.

Triple H is missing the big picture where said person who is in DX getting over can just turn heel when Trips comes back, and then Trips can just squash them at some PPV, while Shawn Michaels plays the part of "WHOSE SIDE IS HE ON??!!"

Come on H, I thought you could at least look this far down the road.

Things like this make me strongly question the people who say that HHH will make a good booker when and if he takes over WWE once Vince is gone. When has HHH showed booking genius?

Guest Auph10imitated

Batista vs Undertaker, HBK vs Cena, Edge vs Orton?

So 2 Face/Face and 1 Heel/Heel, just doesnt make sense and if they are thinking about turning Edge or Orton face they better think again, Orton will get shit on as a face he is a natural heel, look at last time as for Edge, its WAY too soon, theres so much mileage to get out of him as heel. Hes only really fueded with Cena/DX/Hardy/Kane as a heel. Theres still so much more.

I think the best best is a Fatal Four Way (Edge/Cena/Orton/HBK) and Batista/Taker.

Well the 4 way is the easiest and laziest booking possibility. But really, that's like taking the 4 main guys on a fairly shoddy roster and putting them all in the main event. Doesn't Raw need some kind of depth to its undercard?

Hey, SummerSlam 1992 was a show that had 2 face/face matches and a heel/heel match. Warrior/Savage and Bret/Bulldog for titles, and HBK/Martel was a heel/heel match (though Martel sorta was semi face there). The difference here is that those matches were instances of the bookers thinking outside the box, whereas here Batista/UT is already a logical match, as is HBK/Cena.

they can stretch RKO out to WM and have them lose the tag straps to Cryme Tyme, who are fairly over enough...the loss leads to the split right thenand there at WM.