TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Youth N Asia

TV deaths that pissed you off or upset you

Captain Richard Jenko on 21 Jump Street. It was sudden and never really explained.

They mentioned that he was killed by a drunk driver and even filmed a funeral scene. Steven Williams' first episode dealt with the characters adjusting to their new captain. Jenko was killed off because Frederick Forrest wasn't adjusting well to the long hours of working on a TV series. His departure bothered Depp since working with Forrest was one of his deciding factors for agreeing to doing the show.

What bothers me was the abrupt departure of Hanson and Ioki. Nothing was ever explained although Hanson hinted that he would retire. Season 5 was a mess with the new characters who showed up for a handful of episodes and then suddenly left.

Dukes death in that Gi Joe movie. Mostly because they pretended that he was in a coma because they bitched out about it. But even as a 8 year old I realised that if you stab someone in the heart with a stick, they are fucking dead. Then they pull that coma crap. Pissed me off.

So it was that TF movie's fault?

I remember seeing that at the theater and all these kids crying around me. I was puzzled to why the same robots that took a shit kicking all the time on the show and couldn't shoot the broad side of a barn suddenly became accurate snipers and big pussy's and dying left and right. I personally didn't care but thought the other kids, including my friend Micky, crying was hilaroius.

I think I was disturbed at quite a young age now that I think about it.

Dukes death in that Gi Joe movie. Mostly because they pretended that he was in a coma because they bitched out about it. But even as a 8 year old I realised that if you stab someone in the heart with a stick, they are fucking dead. Then they pull that coma crap. Pissed me off.

Worst part was all the stuff about the coma was dubbed in at the last minute, so everyone was running around acting like Duke was dead for the rest of the movie until they announce at the end that Duke was out of the coma.

Mute the audio when Scarlett says he went into the coma, and at the end where she says he came out of it, and its a much better movie.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I finally caught up with the Shield far enough for

Lem's death

and it was so powerful that it actually put me in a weird mood for an hour or two just because I was THAT pissed off over it. Not in the bad way, unlike Tony Almeida or whatever, but in the "wow, that was fucked up" way.