TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Youth N Asia

TV deaths that pissed you off or upset you

Guest Smues

Claire Kincaid in the Law & Order 6th season finale. Not only did it just make me mad she died but it ruined a really great episode. It was a really well done episode that probably qualifies as a gimmick episode as it's totally unlike any other episode of the series. And then out of no where Claire's car is hit by a drunk driver and dies while we get some stupid voice over. Instead of saying "Wow, this whole episode really made me think about the death penalty and blah blah blah" I found myself screaming "Fuck you Dick Wolf!" at the television.

Guest Diablo_Dor
Besides the many already mentioned, I'm gonna go with Lucy on ER, just when I was starting to really like her they go and off her.

Was she the intern who had a thing for Carter? Then yeah she affected me more than I would like to admit. Also Carter's sons death was one of those things (we watched it in bed while my wife was HEAVILY pregnant so thats probably the reason) that caused me to finally give up on the show.

All the deaths associated with Wesley in Angel were just unbelievably great TV.

I have to give a shout out to one of the most AWESOME deaths on any episode, when Wesly shot his "own father" for even threatening Fred was just one of those moments that blew me away more than I thought TV could.

While Nate's death was sad in Six Feet Under, he was such a cock in the last season that it really didn't affect me as much as it should have

His death when it happened on the show was more of a "huh?" moment because it came out nowhere. The episodes following his death were a lot better and much more emotional.

Claire Kincaid in the Law & Order 6th season finale. Not only did it just make me mad she died but it ruined a really great episode. It was a really well done episode that probably qualifies as a gimmick episode as it's totally unlike any other episode of the series. And then out of no where Claire's car is hit by a drunk driver and dies while we get some stupid voice over. Instead of saying "Wow, this whole episode really made me think about the death penalty and blah blah blah" I found myself screaming "Fuck you Dick Wolf!" at the television.

Aftershock is one of the most depressing things I've ever seen on TV

Xena

in the Xena series finale. Oh no you didn't.

That was a really pathetic death too. She went through various battles with the God of War only to go down like that. That was lame man, really lame.

Wasn't the original plan on 24 last year to have Tony killed off in the blast with Michelle, rather than have him hang around pointlessly for a few episodes?

Yeah it was. But for some reason they had him stick around for no reason but to die stupidly later.

Fred dying in "Hole in the World" in the last season of Angel got me. As did Wesleys in the series finale...two of the best scenes of acting I have ever seen in television. EVER. I guess the fact that all of them died in the last show was shocking, but didn't upset me that much because of how kick ass it was.

:huh: They all died? Didn't that show end on a cliffhanger? :huh:

Tony B from The Soprano's, it was neccesary, but it made Tony look soft. Plus Tony was the reason Tony B got locked up for 15 years, then Tony killed him because he didn't want war with Johnny Sack's crew.

Guest Macula

That wasn't sad. Tony B had gone off on his own and killed two guys from the NY crew.

That wasn't sad. Tony B had gone off on his own and killed two guys from the NY crew.

Not to mention if Tony didn't kill him, he probably would've been found eventually by the NY Crew and had one hell of a shitty death.

Anyway, the last time I remember getting upset over a TV death was when Prof. Max (aka Gimli) from Sliders got killed.

Lem's death on The Shield - You just knew it was going to happen, you could tell when it was going to happen, but how it happened was royally fucked up along with Lem still living for at least another 30 seconds trying to say Shane's name. It just made me want to curl up in the corner of a room for a few days.

Doyle from Angel - Actually had a tear in my eye from Cordelia's outburst after it happened and Angel told her he was a half-demon.

Wesley and Fred from Angel - Other people have talked about these two better than I ever could.

Lucy Knight from ER - You could kinda see it coming considering what all they had to do to her and where the crazy guy stabbed her, but the kicker was when she had crashed and Romano was working on her and he goes to call it but goes right back to trying to save her with Corday telling him it's too late.

You don't know who dies. Gunn is pretty much near death, but otherwise you're pretty much left wondering

Yes. They beat the thosands demons that were there to kill them. They died. That was the point of Angels entire speech in the ep before. They were going to strike their blow make Wolf Ram and Hart feel it, and go out swinging. I guess some people were left wondering. The people that wanted to ignore the 3-4 times Angel said they were all going to die in the episode and believe that they actually beat all those guys, but all of them were pretty beat up in a ally against thosands and thosands of demons. One of which was 80 feet tall. And a dragon. Against 4 beat up people....one of them bleeding to death.

They died. I accepted it. Its time everyone else that watched the show did too.

Eh, that's so un-Joss like. He'd much rather us be forced to watch them die and feel like shit so he could constantly remind us, "Life sucks, then you die. Fight all you want, you suck and you'll die horribly while someone cries over your worthless corpse". So other than that, yeah I totally agree with you Ripper.

He should never be allowed to speak at a high school graduation. It'll be mass suicide hour.

Eh, that's so un-Joss like. He'd much rather us be forced to watch them die and feel like shit so he could constantly remind us, "Life sucks, then you die. Fight all you want, you suck and you'll die horribly while someone cries over your worthless corpse". So other than that, yeah I totally agree with you Ripper.

He should never be allowed to speak at a high school graduation. It'll be mass suicide hour.

I think he kinda did this. Without the numerous references to "Well, we are all going to die if we do this" and the "This one has five minutes left at the most" to Gunn, it could have been a open ended ending. But no, Joss wants to make sure you know that all the heroes died. Mostly because Joss is a asshole.

I know I wasn't the only one thinking everyone was going to die at the end of serenity, right? Especially when Simon got shot. He is just that kinda asshole that would do some shit like that.

yea but he only did it for the money. ironically it was the guy played by frankie valli who was paying him, he later was killed in season 6. but that always bothered me, how come the guy who paid tony b to do it wasnt found out yknow?

Trip dying on the last episode of Enterprise.

Of course, there were a million things wrong with the show that I could go into... but it was a senseless death written into the episode in a vain attempt to make it seem more "important" than the rest of the clusterfucks that had been written.

Looks like the books are correcting it though...

What made it worse was they never officially declared her dead until well into the next season. Of course, that was because Kincaid was meant to only end up paralyzed and leave the DA's office for private practice. However, Jill Hennessy declined to return for a one-off appearance to tie up that loose end, so they killed Kincaid off. Still sucks, though.

Trip dying on the last episode of Enterprise.

Of course, there were a million things wrong with the show that I could go into... but it was a senseless death written into the episode in a vain attempt to make it seem more "important" than the rest of the clusterfucks that had been written.

Amen.

Tyr on Andromeda.

It was such a bullshit death. The guy is the ultimate badass the whole show, almost unbeatable. Then he just kinda gets stabbed and falls into a cliff in a scene that takes 10 seconds. THAT was such an aggravating ending to his character.

Tyr on Andromeda.

It was such a bullshit death. The guy is the ultimate badass the whole show, almost unbeatable. Then he just kinda gets stabbed and falls into a cliff in a scene that takes 10 seconds. THAT was such an aggravating ending to his character.

Awesome buildups leading to disappointment and/or irrational plot twists was that show in a nutshell, though. Andromeda was never that great of a show, but it was like the writers took the 3 good ideas the series started with and insisted on going in the opposite direction from anything that could've made the show good.

Nobody except me actually watched the damn show, but seeing Father Tomas get axed in Point Pleasant was upsetting... I didn't remember how shocking and sad it really was until I started to rewatch the series.

Oh, and if they kill off

Matt Parkman

next week on Heroes, I will be PISSED.

I don't supposed anyone has mentioned Optimus Prime? Okay, not strictly a "TV death," since it said death was in a movie, but the movie was based directly off of the TV show, and the next season of the TV show picked up where the movie left off. Okay, and he didn't stay dead, either, but still...