TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Youth N Asia

TV deaths that pissed you off or upset you

I agree with the other posters about The Wire,

Wallace's

death in Season 1 merely shows how vicious 'the Game' is.

Kevin

in Season 4 kind of surprised me and showed just how ruthless Marlo would be.

It seemed like on every season of Highlander, somebody that Duncan MacLeod knew well died. That shit got annoying. It was bad enough they killed his wife, but I NEVER forgave them for killing off Richie especially when it involved a stupid ass storyline whether Duncan had to fight a demon or something like that.

I didn't like when Tasha Yar was killed off on Star Trak: TNG. The same for Dax on DS9 right AFTER she got married to Wolf. I was like WTF?!!

Professor Arturo on Sliders

Mrs. Flanders on the Simpsons

When they tried killing off Kenny for good on South Park.

I never watched the OC, but I knew how popular it was and when they killed off Mischa Barton, it was the worst decision they ever made that led to the show's demise.

2 of those people actually died...

and Edith was killed off on a spinoff...

anyway...

Tony on 24 still bothers me. He was my favorite character.

But the top one is definitly Fred on Angel. What a damn great episode. It made me tear up. I'll admit it. The only episode of TV that ever has (except for "The Body" on Buffy...but that hit close to home for me as well).

It seemed like on every season of Highlander, somebody that Duncan MacLeod knew well died. That shit got annoying. It was bad enough they killed his wife, but I NEVER forgave them for killing off Richie especially when it involved a stupid ass storyline whether Duncan had to fight a demon or something like that.

The original plan was to set the next season in the future after the demon had taken over the world. No, really.

I didn't like when Tasha Yar was killed off on Star Trak: TNG. The same for Dax on DS9 right AFTER she got married to Wolf. I was like WTF?!!

It was the actress's decision to leave in both cases.

2 of those people actually died...

and Edith was killed off on a spinoff...

Gee...I was aware of the actual deaths and Archie Bunker's Place wasn't so much a spin-off as it was the same show but slightly changed for various reasons. I wasn't meaning that the various deaths pissed me off, I was going with being upset because of them, not like...angry upset, but melancholy. I wanted Coach and Mr. Hooper to live forever.

Mr. Hooper was when I learned about death I think. That was really sad.

Nate dying on Six Feet Under and then the burial episode didn't piss me off really as it was a natural end to the show and set up the final episode to be amazing, but the episode where he got the death card at the end being 5 from the end was very surprising. And you didn't know for a week if he was actually dead.

Jen

in the Series finale of Dawson's Creek. Actually I didn't care for the season finale at all.

Everyone

dying in the last episode of Blackadder. Well, I suppose it's one way to send off the show. Just so jarring compared to the rest of the series. Very melancholy finale.

Yeah, that did surprise me. But they did leave it vague...meaning maybe it did happen that way, maybe it didn't.

Either way, Blackadder finally got what he deserved in the TV Movie "Blackadder: Back and Forth"

Everyone

dying in the last episode of Blackadder. Well, I suppose it's one way to send off the show. Just so jarring compared to the rest of the series. Very melancholy finale.

Yeah, that did surprise me. But they did leave it vague...meaning maybe it did happen that way, maybe it didn't.

Either way, Blackadder finally got what he deserved in the TV Movie "Blackadder: Back and Forth"

I loved "Back and Forth". The cameos by Colin Firth and Rik Mayall were especially amusing. Kate Moss was...there.

Fred in Angel. One episode, her and Wes are FINALLLLLY get together. The next, she becomes Illyria. Poor Wes, it just tore him apart. His death was good though.

I know they are going to kill off someone I love in Veronica Mars.

I know they are going to kill off someone I love in Veronica Mars.

Veronica Mars is the shit.

I agree with all of the mentioned deaths from The Wire except for

Kevin

that was just a case of history repeating itself somewhat, since

Stringer and Avon had to tie up loose ends at the end of S1.

Adding to The Wire

D'Angelo dying hurt, he was so broken up about Wallace that it made you feel for him. He was so close to flipping and making a new life for himself, he was smarter than a lot of people in the game.

One that many not think of from season 4 is

The Security Guard from the discount store. That really bugged me, because Marlo basically degraded him as a man by stealing right in front of him. And when he tried to regain some of his dignity by confronting Marlo, he paid with his life. I think that single action showed exactly how ruthless Marlo is.

Th end of Blackadder goes forth is powerful, powerful stuff. It totally makes sense, but is completely jarring. I think it's the only show where I just fucking sobbed at the end.

Fred turning into Illyria got to me, but then like literally a wekk or so later my uncle suddenly died in real life, so it was rather weird and kinda put into perspective (though its natural to be sad at sad movies/tv theres nothing like when it happens for real) Anyas just pissed me off. Spike turning to ash at the end of the buffy finale got to me as well.

season one of house the "babies and bathwater" episode, especially the end had me almost bawling, I rewatched it last week on dvd and it happened again, but thats also because it hit close to home

in the same vein season 2 with the college student gets ill mysteriously and his fathers reaction.

Adebesi in the Season 4 Finale of Oz. The series just didn't seem the same once he died, and even though Burr Redding was a good character in his own right, the Gangstas faction of Oz never seemed quite right without Adebesi leading the way. Plus, I was hoping the death would result in Kareem Said possibly getting more dynamic storylines, but it didn't really happen.

Adebesi in the Season 4 Finale of Oz. The series just didn't seem the same once he died, and even though Burr Redding was a good character in his own right, the Gangstas faction of Oz never seemed quite right without Adebesi leading the way. Plus, I was hoping the death would result in Kareem Said possibly getting more dynamic storylines, but it didn't really happen.

While I loved Adebisi, there was no where for him to go after the stuff he pulled in season 4. It had to be death or solitary. I understood why he had to go, but I missed him