TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Decemberists

WON News + Notes, 29th January Issue

I have to wonder, given Angle's truly deranged interviews do you think he would sabotage RVD in TNA? Most of me wants to believe that RVD would be massively over in TNA, be able to work in any division (world title, X, tag even) and it'd be excellent. Yet there is this nagging feeling that he might be that one former WWE/ECW guy that TNA will bury.

I always love reading the old "We want to keep this guy so that the competition doesn't push him" line of reasoning. It's as if they know they could push the guy and make money, but it would go contrary to their instincts of burial. I'm hoping they do an RVD/Punk match at ONS 3 in June, and that they tear the house down, and then after the match give Vince and Co. a big "FUCK YOU" and both walk. Or at least RVD doing that, since Punk's contract might not be up.

As far as WM, those matches all sound like shit aside from Batista/UT. HBK vs. Booker? Who came up with that stupid idea? I'd much rather Michaels take on Cena, and let Team Sausage feud with each other in the undercard. Hogan vs. Shane sounds moronic as well. Just do Hogan/Khali with Shane in his corner or if Khali sucks too bad make it a handicap match with Shane bumping for most of it, then Khali takes the huge slam for the finish.

Wasn't Punk in TNA before? They had a chance to make him a star and blew it. What makes people think he will be a star if he went now? He'd be jobbing to Angle every night. Same thing with RVD.

They really need to cancel ECW. Put Velocity back on the air and in that time slot.

Punk pretty openly called TNA a joke and said he'd never go back after leaving there.....

Punk left TNA when he decided to stay with ROH when TNA said "One or the other". He was basically Raven's bitch in TNA. When TNA and WWE were each trying to buy Punk, TNA offered Punk a 45 minute match on PPV with Joe. Punk turned it down and went with WWE. He admited a few months later that "had I known TNA would get a TV deal, I would have signed with them".

The difference in being with TNA and WWE would have been Ring of Honor. I think or I would like to think that Punk, if give a choice now would take TNA since he'd more likely be treated right and if he wasn't he'd still get to work at "home".

What gets me is that Punk was very over with Vince when he debuted and he was well liked for being quiet but he had the gall to outpop DX at the Series and stay over. That's what bothers them and they are finding everything to give him heat for.

WWE is a fucking high school locker room. Punk's the new kid at school and what's sad is that it's not even the captain of the football team doing this to him, it's the tenured teachers.

Christ, I lost all hope in Wrestlemania this year.

The only reason I even bother with PPVs at least with Mania is to see the NoCal smarks. But also we (as a board) continuously bitch and moan about the card on paper each year and each year it tends to be significantly better than what we predicted (albeit not peak performance but good enough). Of course by saying this, we'll have a Wrestlemania that makes 9 and 11 look like X-7

Actually, didn't Punk leave TNA due to the Feinstein dealio?

That was the cause of the ultimatum raised by TNA. Punk felt he needed to be loyal to ROH and knew he'd be better off there anyways.

Well I for one hope we never see Punk in TNA. I don't want to see him job to Christian and Angle.

Yes. More Hardcore Holly jobbing please!

Obviously the wrestling Gods had an issue with this as Holly is injured now.

By the way, where does WON get this news from anyway? Shouldn't you take it with a grain of salt rather than as official? It's not like WWE has come out and said all of this. Just adding my two yen.

By the way, where does WON get this news from anyway? Shouldn't you take it with a grain of salt rather than as official? It's not like WWE has come out and said all of this. Just adding my two yen.

By the way, where does WON get this news from anyway?

Sources within the company.

Shouldn't you take it with a grain of salt rather than as official?

Dave has an excellent track record when it comes to WWE news. Is he always correct? No. But he's right far more often than he is wrong. And it's not like the behavior reported goes against the track record of WWE.

It's not like WWE has come out and said all of this.

You expect them to come out and say that Vince hates ECW and think nobody on the brand, bar Lashley presumably, can work? They're not going to say anything about half of this.

CM Punk's push is now completely dead. Almost nobody backstage likes him as they feel he's got an attitude that only the top guys should have. If he was a "top guy" like Kevin Nash people would think his comments were funny and cool, but as he's not a main eventer he's got an attitude problem. He won't be cut however as there is concern that he could become a star in TNA.

If his push is dead, then how come he's still winning matches? CM Punk beat cleanly one of the guys they were actually PUSHING on the last show. Who was touted as a former boxer with a high win record. So I don't see too much of a de-push. Or at least, they're not jobbing him out.

CM Punk's push is now completely dead. Almost nobody backstage likes him as they feel he's got an attitude that only the top guys should have. If he was a "top guy" like Kevin Nash people would think his comments were funny and cool, but as he's not a main eventer he's got an attitude problem. He won't be cut however as there is concern that he could become a star in TNA.

If his push is dead, then how come he's still winning matches? CM Punk beat cleanly one of the guys they were actually PUSHING on the last show. Who was touted as a former boxer with a high win record. So I don't see too much of a de-push. Or at least, they're not jobbing him out.

He went from winning clean with his hold to selling for most of the match and winning with a cradle. Yes, they're not jobbing him out, but his push has been scaled back.

It's not like WWE has come out and said all of this.

You expect them to come out and say that Vince hates ECW and think nobody on the brand, bar Lashley presumably, can work? They're not going to say anything about half of this.

I suppose not. Not like like the WWE has a smark forum or something. :P

This is a valid point. Dave Meltzer has sources within the company, yes. Those sources however have their own biases, and they're apt to make their favorites look better and others look worse. There is rarely one side to any story, and for this reason Vince and co. might not always receive a fair shake when it comes to the newsletters.

Last year Meltzer was flat out 100% SURE that Rey was winning the Rumble but had no chance in hell of going to WM. That he was jobbing to Orton and would be screwed.

I'm still amazed at that HBK/Booker idea. WTF? Unless Booker eliminates Shawn from the Rumble I see no issue here, and frankly the whole "So and so tosses HBK from the Rumble" schtick to cause a WM feud is getting tired. Jericho did it in 2003, Angle in 2005, Vince was sorta responsible last year.

I guess they might be saving Cena/HBK for later on, but once HHH gets back I think he'll just take that spot right back from Michaels.

Last year Meltzer was flat out 100% SURE that Rey was winning the Rumble but had no chance in hell of going to WM. That he was jobbing to Orton and would be screwed.

He did, but there was a massive backlash and Orton got himself into trouble again so they had no other choice. Remember the match at No Way Out?

Some would argue that given the quality of his title run (ie. jobbing every week) that he ended up getting screwed anyways.

Vince has said he never wants the ECW TV to go out live again so they can try and edit together a decent show.

Sabu and Sandman are endangered species. Sabu doesn't like working when he can't do stunts and they've decided to not put him on the road anymore, and Sandman, although he's popular and still getting pushed right now, can't really do anything without his weapons.

The company is going all out to sign up RVD. Not because they want to keep him particuarly, but just to stop him going to TNA. RVD though gives the impression that he's as good as gone. Before the 1/16 show Vince and John Laurinaitis made a big speach about Sylvan being arrest for speeding as he was trying to get back from the gym to a show and as a result of that the boys are no longer allowed to go to the gym after checking in at the building. RVD then said, in front of Vince and in a very mocking tone "Johnny, can we go to the gym before we come to building?" He sounded like a little boy who's at his last day at a school so knows he can say what he wants to his teachers.

It has been confirmed that it is Shantelle Taylor in the Sensay suit.

There are plans to bring in mini's dressed as Vince and Donald Trump.

Wow. That's sad they can't put together a good show.

Why don't they let them do what got them a following?

I want RVD to wild the fuck out on Live TV some way so they fire him and he can go to TNA.

Why the fuck did they waste Punk's time if they are just going to kill his push and bury him?

What's the Sensay suit?

<sarcasm> Yayyyyyyyyyyyyy... More mini's! </sarcasm>

And thanks for posting these, Decemberists.

Vince has said he never wants the ECW TV to go out live again so they can try and edit together a decent show.

Sabu and Sandman are endangered species. Sabu doesn't like working when he can't do stunts and they've decided to not put him on the road anymore, and Sandman, although he's popular and still getting pushed right now, can't really do anything without his weapons.

The company is going all out to sign up RVD. Not because they want to keep him particuarly, but just to stop him going to TNA. RVD though gives the impression that he's as good as gone. Before the 1/16 show Vince and John Laurinaitis made a big speach about Sylvan being arrest for speeding as he was trying to get back from the gym to a show and as a result of that the boys are no longer allowed to go to the gym after checking in at the building. RVD then said, in front of Vince and in a very mocking tone "Johnny, can we go to the gym before we come to building?" He sounded like a little boy who's at his last day at a school so knows he can say what he wants to his teachers.

It has been confirmed that it is Shantelle Taylor in the Sensay suit.

There are plans to bring in mini's dressed as Vince and Donald Trump.

Wow. That's sad they can't put together a good show.

Why don't they let them do what got them a following?

I want RVD to wild the fuck out on Live TV some way so they fire him and he can go to TNA.

Why the fuck did they waste Punk's time if they are just going to kill his push and bury him?

What's the Sensay suit?

<sarcasm> Yayyyyyyyyyyyyy... More mini's! </sarcasm>

And thanks for posting these, Decemberists.

Shantelle is essentially wrestling under a mask and in a body suit as a man. No one is suppose to know it's a girl.

Anybody know whether or not Steamboat's still with WWE? If so, you'd think he'd have Punk's back from their ROH days.

Ricky Steamboat knows who's signing his checks. So does Arn Anderson and Finlay. They're just telling the boss what he wants to hear. When you don't tell the boss what he wants to hear, you end up fired like Ted DiBiase and Tim Horner.

Christ, I lost all hope in Wrestlemania this year.

The only reason I even bother with PPVs at least with Mania is to see the NoCal smarks. But also we (as a board) continuously bitch and moan about the card on paper each year and each year it tends to be significantly better than what we predicted (albeit not peak performance but good enough). Of course by saying this, we'll have a Wrestlemania that makes 9 and 11 look like X-7

I havent seen this since I was 10 and it was on PPV....What's wrong with WMXI....I like it myself as far as I can remember..Maybe I need to watch it now that I'm older and know more

The problem with WWE and Vince Mcmahon that hurts Meltzer's credibility sometimes, is that there is very rarely ever any rhyme or reason for the decisions made. Booking plans change on a moment to moment basis. Fuck, Vince could wake up tomorrow and decide he wants Finlay to win the Royal Rumble for all we know.