TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
snuffbox

College Basketball 06/07

edit: Not gonna further jinx it.

As I expected, the second I erased the previous comment, they went on a run and never looked back in route of thrasing over OU.

Miami got all of the big men back against Florida State so they aren't exactly a roll over team right now. I'm not shocked they blew Maryland out at all.

Looks like Maryland is rallying.

The Terps are sleepwalking but they are getting back into it. It's really strange but it's now 62-60 Miami with 59 seconds.

Guest Eagle Man

U of I vs. Penn State. Go Penn State; they don't leave teammates for dead or hold candlelight vigils for Indian costumes.

Fuckin' Cal beat UCLA. I hope this knocks them out of a #1 seed. The road to winning the Pac 10 tourney got a lot easier for us.

6 seed or bust!

I can not fucking believe that UCLA lost to Cal. They'll stay out West but after losing to NIT bound Washington and no where bound Cal in their last two games they may have cost themselves a #1 seed.

Damn Stanford better win tonight and save their tournament chances. I don't even want to think of Cal possibly making a shocking run to win the conference tournament.

Back when I was deciding which college to attend, Wright State was my second choice.

Which "auto-lock" school do you think will bust another bubble? Memphis, Xavier or Nevada?

Definitely not Memphis. I'd lean toward Xavier if I had to pick one, although Nevada will probably have a tougher semifinal matchup.

I was thinking X as well since they are probably going to collide with UMASS whom could be a issue. I'm actually skipping my next class to watch MOH/Ohio.

So much for that. St. Louis beat UMass in the first round today. UMass is probably looking at the NIT now.

Well that's it, Stanford's bubble has probably burst as the committee just isn't going to take a team who played as poorly as they did the last month of the season. Oh well next year was supposed to be the year they would get back to the tournament anyways and I think expectations just got a little high after the UCLA win but they've really done nothing of note since. There is an outside chance if enough of the other bubble teams drop by tommorrow they could slip in as a 12 seed but they'll be easy pickings, especially if Lawrence Hill can't go. Having your leading scorer leave injured in your final game also isn't going to help them in the eyes of the committee.

I'm not shocked that Duke lost today and I'm mildly surprised that Maryland lost (though Miami has been on a jobber roll of late). The one that truly baffles me is Tennessee losing to LSU in the SEC 1st round. Man, the Vols just SUCK in the SEC tourney. The truly horrendous aspect of that is the following: LSU has Ole Miss tomorrow, which is a joke. Then after that they'd get Florida, who they just beat without Glen Davis. And then after that someone from the UK/Vandy/Arkansas mix. I'm assuming someone would beat LSU before all that, but who knows.

U of L over WVU in a crazy double OT game tonight. Gotta play Pitt tomorrow, and frankly I'm a bit worried since the guys might be tired after that one. It'd be nice to win the BE tourney, but a part of me just wants a decent showing tomorrow and then rest up for a week.

UCLA embarrassed themselves. That was certainly the weirdest upset of the day, since I doubt anyone had that.

I think Stanford should get in, but they and Georgia Tech need to get at the back of the line.

I guarantee that USC will get the Pac 10's automatic bid. Man, Nick Young is a beast. There's no way he's going to stay in school for his senior season.

Wow, I really hope that doesn't cost Georgia Tech their tournament berth. Honestly, even though Wake Forest isn't exactly an upper-tier team, it would have been really hard for anyone in the country to beat them the way they played tonight. They shot 34-53 from the field including 16-23 from beyond the arc. That's just insane. They did get some open looks, but they hit a lot of contested shots too, and just played an all-around amazing offensive game.

Wow, I really hope that doesn't cost Georgia Tech their tournament berth. Honestly, even though Wake Forest isn't exactly an upper-tier team, it would have been really hard for anyone in the country to beat them the way they played tonight. They shot 34-53 from the field including 16-23 from beyond the arc. That's just insane. They did get some open looks, but they hit a lot of contested shots too, and just played an all-around amazing offensive game.

Every lower seed in the ACC tournament advanced. That's just damn unreal and really shows how tight this conference really was and can be. There really isn't that much of a talent difference from 5 to 12 although Duke will have the built in excuse of no Henderson. And no way after knocking off NC and BC, even if the games were at home, does GT not make the tournament. I just cannot see that happening.

Florida State needs a big showing tomorrow at noon. Almost every other bubble team left the door wide open for them to sneak into the tournament now. I don't think they can beat UNC but I'm hoping they can make it tight and hard fought at least cause I want Al Thornton in the NCAA tournament.

In the "no surprise" department, the Noles for the second year in a row pulled up lame with a chance to make a statement. Thornton struggled and fouled out, they were bouncing the ball off their foot and each time they charged within something, they would throw it away and just look like a team scared and confused. So for the second year in a row, they probably managed to play themselves out of the tournament.

Their SOS was strong, RPI ended up so so and they got some help with other bubble teams pulling up lame and limping to the line as well. I don't know, I think the losses by Duke and Maryland really killed them in the long run. Shame, I really wanted Thornton to get one more shot as seeing him sitting there trying to hide his tears was depressing. That guy did all he could for three straight games and carried the team all year but he just ran out of gas when he needed it most. Ah well, they are really going to suck badly without him.

BC can't even take care of Miami. It's 64-64 going into OT.

I just signed up for March Madness On Demand. They've got some clips of last year's tournament, including Northwestern St. beating Iowa in the first round on that insanely tough shot in the corner, George Mason beating UConn and UCLA's comeback against Gonzaga (with Adam Morrison crying at the end). Did I mention that I love Gus Johnson as a play-by-play guy?

EDIT: BC wins. The ACC may have a bunch of teams going to the tournament, but outside of North Carolina, I can't see any of them getting any higher than a 5 or 6 seed.

Edited by KingPK

Badgers really dominated MSU today. Guys stepped up big in the absence of Brian Butch & in the first half with Tucker being cold. Alando came on big in the second half though and is now 3 points away from being the all-time leading scorer in Wisco history (would pass Michael Finley). He also passed Devin Harris for the single season record.

Notre Dame/Georgetown are having a damn fine game right now.

Xavier went down to URI. That'll shake things up with the bubble teams a bit.

A bunch of upsets happening and Xavier does indeed bust a bubble as well. On a personal note, my school has somehow made its way to the conf. championship despite a 15-14 season record. To be fair, they did play some good teams this outside the conference but did lose them all. I can't wait to see them land that 14 seed against Texas and let Durant murder them.

To all my fellow CAA fans....It's time to go on suicide watch.

Xavier and Nevada both lost. Two Major/Semi-Major Schools who have all the numbers working for them. Plus to mention they've earned their bids without question...

And to make matters worse. Oklahoma State and Illinois won too. Sunday is not going to be fun.

Dear god, today was like the plane crashing into the mountain for the state of Kentucky. First we have UK completely fucking up in the most bizarre fashion I've ever seen in order to lose to Miss St. It was a bogus screwjob call in my view, but still, how fucking hard is it to simply stay on the free throw lane?

Now U of L completely tanks the 2nd half against Pitt. I mean what the fuck? I thought briefly that U of L had a shot at doing something in the tourney, but the Cards just have too many bizarre droughts in games. Frankly that's inexcusable for a team with 2 inside threats in Padgett and now Caracter. Hey Williams and Sosa, quit jacking up these idiotic 3s and throw the ball inside.

These are honestly the worst conf. tourneys ever. I've never seen something worse, with literally every team in every league being upset and leading to horrendous semis and finals that zero people care about. This is honestly the first year where there are no games over the weekend that will be worth a shit. Usually I'm insanely stoked about the weekend of Selection Sunday and am glued to the TV for all the games. This year? Fuck it, I'm going to see 300.