TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

NHL Thread

Something's up with Sportsnet today, they were showing stuff from Pacific earlier on, Connected was on from another studio, and now I'm getting the Leafs game, even though I don't live in their viewing region. Something good came out of it, at least.

Did every fucking game go into overtime tonight? The OLGC must have lost a tonne of money on Pro*Line.

Habs ties it up late and I've got Score Tonight on to keep up.....Isles win in shootout, ditto for the Sabres, Pens, Canes and Bolts.

Halak is the cure for the Montreal woes.

The hit on Drury was okay, but it was a lot worse because he never had his helmet on properly. I do think Ruff should get a fine and suspension for sending out goons soon afterwards.

I say you dont get a point if u lose in OT, only in a Shootout.

That's a horrible idea. They may as well not play OT if that happens. Every team would just hang back and wait for the shootout. That's not hockey.

No they wouldn't, they would play for the win because a shootout is a coin flip. and its 4 on 4, you cnat sit back 4 on 4.

If both teams are guaranteed a point if they play a shootout, every team in the league would wait for the shootout than take their chances in OT where they get nothing if they lose. That's why the extra point for OT losses was introduced in the first place, because teams started playing for the tie and the guaranteed point more often than they'd take their chances to get a win.

No, every team would NOT wait till the shutout. Because, shoutout is chance. Before, it was OT. OT is just extending time, a shootout is completly random.

And Agian, you cant play for the Shootout in OT, cuz its 4 on 4. Its almost impossible to sit on a Tie in 4-4. The strategy wont work and your just going to kill your offensive chances. Its not worth the risk and coaches won't do it

Eh, maybe not. Fucking shootouts, bring back ties.

What is wrong with people on this board. Shootouts are one of the best things about the new NHL. Are you all 60 or something?

Hit on Drury was legal...

but anyone who knows hockey knows that he was headhunting.

The reason the melee had to happen was that this wasn't the first time Murray's guys have done that to a Sabre star.

Tim Connelly basically won game 1 of their playoff series last year and was taken out in the first shift of game 2 in the same fashion.

The crime here wasn't that the "goons" came out...it's that Murray was so ignorant as to think that they wouldn't.

I just want to add this wild stat that is so ridiculous it bares noting:

The Sabres just completed a 6 game home stand.

In that stretch they captured 11 of a possible 12 points (losing only in a shootout to Boston on the EIGHTH shooter)

And sustained 7 injuries to starters.

SEVEN

chris neil elbowed drury to the head. it was not a hockey play. he was not looking to take him off of the puckl. he was looking to hurt him.

and i don't like the senators, but by god, do i love ray emery. it was surreal to watch him & peters go. i was waiting for a senators player to hop in, but emery held his own big time. peters going after emery was pretty cheap, but the guy's not exactly a class act to begin with.

chris neil elbowed drury to the head. it was not a hockey play. he was not looking to take him off of the puckl. he was looking to hurt him.

If you watch the replay, you'll see that's not the case. I'm not speaking as an Ottawa fan; it's been pretty much agreed that it was a clean hit. It was just as clean as the hit that Campbell laid on Umberger in the playoffs last year.

If you watch the replay, you'll see that's not the case. I'm not speaking as an Ottawa fan; it's been pretty much agreed that it was a clean hit. It was just as clean as the hit that Campbell laid on Umberger in the playoffs last year.

oh. i saw just the quick angle on the far side of the screen. did he hit him with his shoulder?

oh. i saw just the quick angle on the far side of the screen. did he hit him with his shoulder?

Yeah. It looked like an elbow from the far angle, but that's just because Neil is a lot taller than Drury. It was a clean hit with the shoulder. Drury had his head down and never saw it coming.

And Drury helmet flew 20 ft away from him. Had his helmet on properly, might have not been a serious injury.

Besides Lindy really showed some "class" after the incident sending out five tough guys/goons on the ice. He's a hypocrite himself.

And Drury helmet flew 20 ft away from him. Had his helmet on properly, might have not been a serious injury.

Besides Lindy really showed some "class" after the incident sending out five tough guys/goons on the ice. He's a hypocrite himself.

lindy ruff is a loser, too.

A) Kerry Fraser sucks.

B) There was no interference.

C) If there was interference, there should have been a penalty instead of just the goal being waved off.

D) Kerry Fraser sucks.

Fact is, Toronto blew the lead. They have no one to blame but themselves. (Even if it was a bullshit call)

Last year when Fraser was reffing game 4 of the Buffalo/Ottawa series...he did such a poor job that the "Fraser sucks" chant was deafening.

Following the game the league suspended him from reffing anymore games in the playoffs that year.