TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

NHL Thread

Guest Queen Leelee

I'm going with New Jersey in the East. They're the one team I see Buffalo having a difficult time knocking off. They're the only team that appears able to stop Buffalo from scoring consistently. And Brodeur is still there.

i knew ryan smyth was overated in canada but it seems he's even brainwashed you yanks. he's a fine compliment for a team but nowhere close to a 6 mollion dollar man.

He's worth 4 million, but with this current market will get 6. Someone will give it to him, just like Jovanovski got his change.

i knew ryan smyth was overated in canada but it seems he's even brainwashed you yanks. he's a fine compliment for a team but nowhere close to a 6 mollion dollar man.

He's worth 4 million, but with this current market will get 6. Someone will give it to him, just like Jovanovski got his change.

i'd easily take jovo over smyth. in a heartbeat.

I'm pretty happy with the Wings pick-ups.

Calder has obviously paid off quite well so far, looking at his first game. He seems to fit right into the Wings system. Of course, this is Chicago, so we can't take this as the sign. But I don't think that Calder has as much pressure to succeed here. Yes, the Wings are expected to go deep into the playoffs... but that doesn't rest solely on Calder. He doesn't have carry a team anymore, which I think will help his play on the second line.

Bertuzzi worries me, but honestly I think he'll benefit from being on something like a 3rd/Checking line, where he can provide a serious scoring threat along with the physicality that the Wings have really been in need of all season. A lot of this hinges on him getting back and staying healthy, but I think putting him in that sort of 'role-playing' position where he can be a threat but doesn't need to be the threat of the team will help him. For a prospect and a draft pick, I'd say that the Wings came out way ahead on this one.