TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

NHL Thread

the hawks are not that stupid.

Careful.

haha.

redbaron: maybe. but the upside of aucoin far exceeds whatever rivet brings to the table. aucoin with the islanders, was close to a top 5 defenseman in the league. injuries, which obviously need to be taken into account, has slowed him down consierably. but i think he would be worth a risk for any team, although he does carry a hefty price tag.

agree with the tag.

Aucoin has potential to become a top tier defencemen in the league again. If Rivet wasn't a great locker room leader, I'd say do this trade right now.

Montreal is also interested in Peter Forsberg and Ladislav Nagy as well.

wow.

How stupid can you be.

You have no idea who Joe Louis is???

And really, no one cares about San Jose/Anaheim anymore.

First, not knowing Joe Louis isn't stupidity, especially if you don't follow boxing in any way. Second, it was a joke, but I see that it was a mistake to leave it in because that level of facetiousness wasn't consistent in the piece.

I didn't know anyone outside of California cared about SJ/Ana in the first place. Everyone mostly posts two sentence updates about their teams, anyway. I at least want to be interesting even if you don't care about the teams.

The only plus to acquiring Aucoin is that since he's locked in for a few more seasons, it might make it easier to deal with the fact that they are going to lose defensemen in the off-season. That's all I got. Samsonov is dead-weight. From the eighth overall pick in the draft to a waiver wire transaction ten years later is never good. Of course, the Bruins are so desparate for scoring this season that they just acquired Brandon Bochenski...

Guest Princess Leena

Many feel the same way about the fucking Bruins...

Many feel the same way about the fucking Bruins...

And the Sabres.

We all know what's going to happen to them anyway.

I look at Samsonov like this. The Kings are going to suck with or without him, so they should pick him up, polish him up playing with Frolov and Kopitar, then deal him in the offseason for picks or prospects.

It's like buying real estate. Nothing to lose, lots to gain.

Game 1 of SJ/Ana was exciting, but terrible. It was like a microcosm of the Ducks' season so far. They built a huge lead in the Pacific, and the Western Conference, and let it get it away. In the game they had a 6-1 lead after two and decided not to play the third period. But the real problem as with the Sharks, they can't win at home. A lot of fighting, too. I wonder what it would take for these two to meet in the playoffs past the first round.

We're at the point in the NHL season where I start to get really tired of the regular season. Montreal and Ottawa play a home-and-home starting tonight, in what seems like the 32nd and 33rd games of the season against each other.

So the Bruins were playing well, had a 1-0 lead when I had to make a 10 minute phone call.

I come back and they're down 4-1 after Ray Whitney pulls a natural hat trick out of his ass in under two minutes and Williams tips one in with barely any time left on the clock in the second.

I was listening to the game on XM (I was working) and I sat at a green light, staring at the radio which read "CAR 4 BOS 1 2ND INTERMISSION" and questioning whether or not to just ram the damn truck into a middle school.

Brad Stuart has been rumored to half the NHL. The most recent is the Devils for David Hale, Rod Pelley and Barry Tallackson. I'm sorry...who? I can only vaguely recall Hale from a game earlier this season and I wasn't impressed with what I saw. Stuart is the biggest trade chip that the Bruins have and if Chiarelli turns that chip into fucking junk like that Jersey rumor, maybe he should have stayed locked in his office in Ottawa.

From Hockeyjournal (Kalman):

I finally caught up with Bruins defenseman Brad Stuart today after practice in Wilmington and asked him about Pierre Lebrun's Canadian Press report from earlier this week that claimed the blueliner went to B's management and "politely told them he doesn't want to stay."

Stuart, as mild-mannered and soft-spoken as they come, answered me with a slight tone of disgust as he told me: "I've never said anything to anyone. It's the same thing as saying I want to be on the West Coast. It's disappointing people assume stuff like that. I never told anyone that. My wife never told anyone that. I wish I could go around talking about people, making stuff up. But that's what people do. I guess it's more interesting."

I'd like to see them lock Stuart up long-term to be #2 on the blueline, but I don't see him staying here this season. One can only assume at this point obviously, but I'd think that he'd have a contract by now if he were interested in staying.

Apperamtly Primeau is in the deal to replace the grit of the injured McCarthy.

Seems like a latteral move to me. Definatly a time will tell trade. Completly diffrent than the Conroy deal

The punch knocked him down, but hitting his head on the ice like that just made it worse.

Give props for Newbury. He took those punches pretty good.

Calgary also got a conditional draft pick in the deal, but I can't find any information on it. One can assume that it's conditional on Stuart staying in Calgary after this season.

I like the deal. Stuart and his agent seemed to be dragging their feet towards resigning (if they were interested at all). Chiarelli can't take all of the blame, especially when people start bringing up The Trade That Must Not Be Named as if Chiarelli is responsible for MOC getting 50 cents on the dollar for a standout player. He's working with the hand he's been dealt. Stuart wasn't going to stay, so it's better to move him now rather than risk holding onto him and have teams try to rip you off when they know that you're not going to keep him after the season. Stuart should do well in Calgary because there is no pressure for him to be a top pairing guy. In Boston, you could see him pressing night after night, trying so hard to make something out of nothing which usually ended up resulting in a turnover and a goal against. Stuart is a talented guy, but I can't help but think that he's still living off of the "drafted 1/3" hype. He has games where he looks absolutely brilliant and perfectly capable of anchoring the defense. Then he has a catastrophic game filled with mistakes, mental gaffes and stupid penalties that leave you scratching your head, wondering how he's a top pairing guy.

Primeau leaving opens up some space on the lower lines, the PK and the powerplay(!) and will hopefully result in more deserving players (Kessel) seeing more ice time.

I like the return as it brings in a still young Kobasew who seems like the type of player that Savard could make into a star. Ference is a good guy to have, especially if all of these roster moves result in York being sent to the cornfield and replaced with Ference, Lashoff and Stuart.

I think this move can define the team next year. Chiarelli is saying the right thing in that they want to make a winner this year, but I think he knows that they aren't going to be making any noise this season. This move can truly give them something next season.

I think you guys were right about Hal Gill after all. With the way he's been playing, you could just paint him orange and have a life-like 6ft'7 pilon. Pittsburgh really exposed him last night, he ended up a -4 on the night.

I like the deal for both teams as well. We certainly haven't seen how good Kobasew could be, who the Hockey News had been touting for years and Calgary gets some character.

I don't disgaree with the Gill assessment, KGB, but playing against a team like Pittsburgh shouldn't be the final nail in Gill's coffin.

I don't disgaree with the Gill assessment, KGB, but playing against a team like Pittsburgh shouldn't be the final nail in Gill's coffin.

I think it should. More and more teams play like Pittsburgh; if he can't play against a speedy team, he doesn't belong in this league anymore.

Really, though, nails are being driven onto existing nails in Gill's coffin at this point.

Ray Emery is supended for three games his his slash against Montreal Maxim Lapierre

I was just going to post that. Hello, three-game losing streak.

Actually, that's a bit mean, he should be able to handle Florida on Wednesday. Atlanta and Edmonton, though...hoo boy.