TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

NHL Thread

The Habs have lost five straight. For more on this, consult my avatar.

Not only that, Montreal also lost Cristobal Huet, Alex Kovalev due to injuries.

Apparently Kovalev has had an elbow injury since the beginning of the season.

The Habs have lost five straight. For more on this, consult my avatar.

Not only that, Montreal also lost Cristobal Huet, Alex Kovalev due to injuries.

Apparently Kovalev has had an elbow injury since the beginning of the season.

Whats the status of Carey Price? Could be he called up from the W mid-season? I like him over Aebischer at this point.

Jesus Christ, this was arguably one of the three or four best teams in hockey one month ago.

Breaking on Sportsnet...Kypreos (let me finish) has said that a deal is in the works that would see Nashville get Forsberg, and Philly get two prospects, a first round pick, and next year's first round pick.

TSN has Scottie Upshall, Ryan Parent, a 1st and a 3rd. Anyone familiar with the players, please tell me those two are legitimate pieces coming back.

I don't know a thing about Ryan Parent. Upshall's looked good at times, but will likely be a third or fourth-line tough guy.

It looks like everyone thinks it is a good deal for the Flyers outside of those who thought they could get Shea Weber for a three month rental (with all the talk of Forsberg returning to Philly in the summer you have to treat him like a full out rental).

By the sounds of it, hopefully Upshall can replace Fedoruk and add another pulse to the team (Fedoruk and his notebook have become a running joke around here).

I just hope this leads to the full on firesale, York, Calder, Sanderson, Hatcher, Esche. No need to keep up appearances anymore, just unload them and see whatever they can get back.

I think the Preds got hosed on this. No way I give up Parent for a rental, no matter how close the West is. Upshall, 1st, 2nd would have been my final offer.

good trade for both teams. forsberg won't stay with the preds next year, but it makes them look dangerous this year. great trade for the flyers as they bulk up with young guys. rebuilding is the key.

The Preds are going to win the West. I'd give up Parent for a shot at the Cup, and I think they've gotta be the favorites now, if they weren't already before.

Oh, and the Flyers got a pretty good return. However, to the Preds, they gave up nothing with all the young d-men they have.

If Philly is in Firesale mode, The Nucks should try and get Calder and/or Knuble. It would be nice to get Carter, but I doubt they would deal him.

It appears Forsberg won't be in St. Louis tonight, but will lace em up as a Pred tomorrow for their tilt against the Wild.

Huet is out indefinitely. Jaroslav Halak was called up. I have never heard that name before, but it turns out he's leading the AHL in GAA and tied for Save Percentage.

I'm hoping that Forsberg going to Nashville starts an arms race in the West that leads a team to way overpay for Glen Murray and Marco Sturm. Bruins need left wing help BADLY and it doesn't look like they are going to be high enough in the draft to get vanRiemsdyk or MacLean.

Dave Keon night in Hogtown, preceding what should be an entertaining game as the Leafs host the Oilers. Important win for both teams. Andrew Raycroft will be starting his 19th in a row.

Ditto in Montreal(save the Keon thing, of course), with the visiting 7th place Canes in town.

Henrik Zetterberg just keeps outdoing himself and I am loving it. Another GWG tonight to complement his hat-trick and the Wings move into first in the West.

The Central division is exhibit A for why the NHL schedule sucks. Nashville and Detroit get to pad their point totals with the 24 games they have against the other three crappy teams.

Henrik Zetterberg just keeps outdoing himself and I am loving it. Another GWG tonight to complement his hat-trick and the Wings move into first in the West.

i don't know if there is a more exciting duo than zetterberg & datsuyk

The Central division is exhibit A for why the NHL schedule sucks. Nashville and Detroit get to pad their point totals with the 24 games they have against the other three crappy teams.

I'm not exactly complaining, but I do agree. Detroit shouldn't even be in the West in the first place. It makes no sense for an eastern based team to be in a such a conference.

i don't know if there is a more exciting duo than zetterberg & datsuyk

I will also agree with this. Without these two, Detroit would be royally fucked. Last night alone they had 8 points between them.

Kevin Lowe has said his team is not throwing in the towel with 23 games to go. But he has traded Marc-Andre Bergeron to Long Island for Denis Greshkebov, who isn't even playing in the NHL this season.

The slumping Sharks lose to Dallas 5-2 this afternoon. They're only four points up on eighth-place Minnesota now. Still quite a bit of breathing room over the aforementioned Oilers, however.

Double good news for the Rangers: A 2-1 win over Chicago, and Shanny is going to be ok, released from the hospital today.

Hey hey! No score in Columbus! That's the best news I've heard in about, oh, seven games! (Especially with the looks of Charles Howell about to defeat Phil Mickelson in the golf playoff).

The funny thing about M-A Bergeron moving was that Eklund reported last night that it was in fact PATRICE Bergeron on the block and four teams were interested. Nevermind that Boston and Edmonton are about 2600 miles away, that M-A Bergeron has been rumored to be going all over the NHL or that more than FOUR teams would be interested in acquiring a fundamentally sound two-way player with gamebreaker potential who is locked up for four more seasons. Nope, Eklund believed that because Patrice hasn't played in two games that he was on the block. No, Ek, he's hurt. A little bit of research could have figured that out for you. Asshole.