TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Princess Leena

So, I'm looking to buy a gun.

Now my liberal tendancies do tend to keep me in the dark about gun laws.

:(

Are you allowed to carry a shotgun like that in public?

And is it you HAVE to display it clearly, NOT hide/conceal it?

Do we all have the right to bear arms in public?

Guest Dope Priest Prophecy

Good questions, and the answers vary vastly from state to state. Currently in Indiana, you can more or less buy a shotgun or rifle and tote it around in your vehicle all you want (gunrack in the back of a pickup).

Handguns are a little stickier, since they don't currently require a permit to buy, but they do to carry. They also don't need to be registered with law enforcement. Carry a concealed weapon requires a permit almost everywhere. Some states also have a one handgun per month limitation. Criminal background checks are also pretty universal, as far as I know. I'm admittedly not too in-touch with other states, unless I'm going to be driving through them, then I read up as much as I can.

Here's a state-by-state breakdown: http://www.nraila.org/GunLaws/

Guest Queen Leelee
oh shut up Red, that was funny

Maybe so.

But, it doesn't belong in this thread. This is a legitimate thread about gun ownership.

If we wish to perv over Queen Leelee, please do so in the appropriate threads in the appropriate forums. Thanks.

Guest Queen Leelee
Hopefully Leena wont be going on any mall rampages..

You'd probably be happy if I murdered you.

oh shut up Red, that was funny

Maybe so.

But, it doesn't belong in this thread. This is a legitimate thread about gun ownership.

If we wish to perv over Queen Leelee, please do so in the appropriate threads in the appropriate forums. Thanks.

For some reason, the fenced off "protest zones" outside the 2004 party conventions popped into my head here.

Is Leena buying a gun so that she can get rid of her fiance? If so she really try the suggestion of tying a rope to the gun and setting it to fire when you open the door.

P.S Matt you should randomly post those pics into random threads, or start a this week in Leena thread.

I think that if Marvin were to ever be happy it would kill him....or the people around him would die from shock. The odds are about 50/50 of this scenario actually taking place.

I think that if Marvin were to ever be happy it would kill him....or the people around him would die from shock. The odds are about 50/50 of this scenario actually taking place.

He works at an old folks home. Those odds are good.

He works at an old folks home. Those odds are good.

Its a rehabilitation hospital..We've already had 3 die quite soon after they left this year. I lost track of how many that makes since Ive been there..probably like a dozen or so. Theres a 100 year old woman in there right now whos the meanest person Ive ever met..

Do you ever want to be in a situation where you need one and don't have one?

So is it illegal to carry a weapon visible on your person or not? Not chambered, if that's a word, not pointed at anyone...

Again, varies from state to state and locality to locality. In Indiana, it's perfectly legal, though questioning from the police would be pretty likely, as well as the reaction from others when one totes around an exposed handgun. There are cases that are meant to be used when transporting a handgun to and from a shooting range, for example.

Do you ever want to be in a situation where you need one and don't have one?

Just-in-case scenarios never really tickled my fancy. Do you ever want to be in a situation where you need a snorkel but you don't have one? We could do this all night.

The ocean isn't going to sneak up on me or break into my house.

The ocean isn't going to sneak up on me or break into my house.

Just wait until those ice caps melt and the moon's orbit shifts... you'll be sorry!

I'm starting to think my dad has the right idea with his six gun inside an old west holster hooked onto the banister of their bed. I keep forgetting to ask what kind it is but considering it was my grandfather's, thing is probably a collectors item. And pops plans to use it to kill. Only because his 5 shotguns are hard to get to in a pinch.

People used to wonder why I never snuck out and back into the house. THAT is why.