TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
snuffbox

2007 Grammy show

i really like the police. for some reason, most people on this board don't. i'm not nearly as excited about this as the sly stone sighting last year. but i surely won't be as disappointed as the sly stone appearance.

I'm in agreement with Lushus here, my definition of a supergroup is when components of two or more well known bands come together i.e. Damn Yankees, Velvet Revolver, Audioslave, Transplants, etc. With The Police it's Sting and then the other two, granted Stewart Copeland has some notoriety as a film composer. Other than this portion of the show, I could care less.

If those bands are 'supergroups' than I dont want the Police labeled that.

Copeland is also the drummer for Oysterhead. I guess that's a 'supergroup' by definition (Claypool on bass, Anastasio on guitar) but they dont fit with the likes of Damn Yankees or Velvet Revolver either.

Regardless of whether the Police are a supergroup or not, they will surely be the most entertaining act on the stage tomorrow night. Still haven't made up my mind if I want to sit the show just to see them though.

Awesome just happened.

They should be announcing a tour on the morrow. I'd like the rumors to pan out & one of the dates is a headlining gig at Bonnaroo.

Other groups have done medleys at the Grammys. A "supergroup" reuniting live on a program should get more time than Stevie Wonder and Tony Bennett accepting an award.

In 2003 Simon & Garfunkle opened the Grammys with one song.

Do retards still want the Dixie Chicks dead?

I don't know but I have an unexplainable, pure hatred towards Joan Baez. Damn that woman! She damn near ruins Woodstock.

And I don't even want to talk about her cover of "The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down"

Man, Gnarles Barkley was boring, despite that song being so awesome.

I really like how John Mayer won pop album, and everyone was silent.

Every MJB song since No More Drama sounds exactly the same. So yeah you hit it right on with the at least 5 years old bit since that album came out in August 2001.

The people who got all riled up about the Dixie Chicks aren't a particularly bright group. Nashville is the most color-within-the-lines industry of all and it seems to trickle down through a very large amount of the fanbase. Obviously, the Johnny Cash fan types are going to be more openminded but those shaking cups of Miller Lite with glee at a Toby Keith show will love or hate whatever they're told to.

She was told to die. The band was blackballed by the industry they made millions for. To succeed in spite of the efforts to quiet thier new record is an accomplishment deserving of some gloating.

In 2003 Simon & Garfunkle opened the Grammys with one song.

Do retards still want the Dixie Chicks dead?

Are you suggesting that, if someone doesn't like the Dixie Chicks, that they're retarded?

I don't like Nickelback but I'm not sending death threats to the singer with the perm or driving a bulldozer over their cds.

The people who got all riled up about the Dixie Chicks aren't a particularly bright group. Nashville is the most color-within-the-lines industry of all and it seems to trickle down through a very large amount of the fanbase. Obviously, the Johnny Cash fan types are going to be more openminded but those shaking cups of Miller Lite with glee at a Toby Keith show will love or hate whatever they're told to.

She was told to die. The band was blackballed by the industry they made millions for. To succeed in spite of the efforts to quiet thier new record is an accomplishment deserving of some gloating.

No I completly understand why they were blackballed and was ridiculous in the first place.

Here's what I don't understand.

"We're ashamed that the president is from Texas."

How is that bashing the president?

there's gloating and then there's being annoying, snuff...

Yeah, death threats are nothing. Now gloating...that's really crosing the line.

Why does Don Henley get this kind of treatment?