TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

This week in the NBA

Honestly, who gives a fuck about how the program looks as long as it's a good show. If you watch a program like Law and Order just because it looks nice, you can eat shit.

I cant watch anything where its stretched and the people look bloated.

The Family Guy promos are horrible and I want to throw something at the screen everytime one of them comes up..not that Im gonna watch Family Guy ever on TBS, but I hope they dont stretch everything to when TBS HD launches in time for the MLB playoffs.

Nice to see they can drag out Robin Leech from whatever hole he's been living in for the last 10 years.

Guest Queen Leelee

I do wish more of the Stephanie March SVU episodes were in HDTV.

And, dunk layup dunk East Sux.

Guest Oedipus Rex

Marvin, SHUT UP about HD, NOW.

110-80 and it's not even the end of the third? Sad shit right here.

Guest Oedipus Rex

I don't have any connection to the Eastern Conference. The only time I really root for one side over the other in these is the National League.

Guest Oedipus Rex

Craig Sager is wearing an iridescent purple suit.

I found myself longing for 1989 all over again, the last time the players had enough pride and competitive juice to make the game watchable. The only real bright spot for the East was Dwight Howard, but he was totally eclipsed by the West.

The slam dunk contest was complete trash. It is high time to take that dog out back and bust a .45 slug in its head. There are only so many things you can do to dunk a basketball, and it has grown beyond boring.

And damn, can Jason Kapono shoot. I knew he was pretty good, but yikes.

I would like to see the NBA All Star game in Las Vegas every year. It could be like the Pro Bowl. I know the players loved it and as a fan I would be more inclined to attend compared to a game in Detroit, Cleveland, Memphis... hell just about any NBA city.

Guest Queen Leelee
I would like to see the NBA All Star game in Las Vegas every year. It could be like the Pro Bowl. I know the players loved it and as a fan I would be more inclined to attend compared to a game in Detroit, Cleveland, Memphis... hell just about any NBA city.

Indeed.

Vegas is perfect for one-time deals like this.

Unfortunately, when they do get an NBA/NFL franchise, it will fail. And all that will go away.

Vegas is perfect for one-time deals like this.

Unfortunately, when they do get an NBA/NFL franchise, it will fail. And all that will go away.

I don't know about you, but I don't think most of us really want a team. Mayor Goodman wants a team. And he wants to build a stadium, somewhere, even though this region is a sprawling city of endless suburbs reaching out to the edges of the valley. And nobody's really looking forward to how much tax payers would have to sacrifice to furnish Oscar's dream, either.

Between the regular life of the people that live here and the tourism market, particularly the big chunk of LA that travels out here each weekend to use us as their playground, there just isn't enough facilities for a "real" stadium. And this event stretch Metro to their limits, as they were pulling out all the stops to make sure people knew the police were still enforcing the law (apparently a lot of SoCal gangs were expected to show up and make a mess or something.)

We're not completely barren on sporting events, we have all the B-list stuff like rodeo and NASCAR (stock-car racing is basically the official sport here since no league wants to give us a team) and that's really the most we can support. The strip is successful enough on it's own to max out the capacity of what the city can provide without having to tack on another draw like sports. But good luck getting that message to city hall.