TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

The Black Donnellys

Up until the last five minutes I didn't really care too much about the show. Then the montage kicked in with Tommy walking into the Italian bar and everything all of a sudden became pretty fucking awesome. Then the blade came out and things really went up a notch.

It's tough nowadays to market a show as a straight-up drama, especially one that is more or less ripping off a previous show (Brotherhood) but this one did ok for itself. I think they were trying a bit too hard to compensate for the fact that they're on network television with some minor gaffes (honestly, who says "Bug off" in this day and age?).

Either way I'll be tuning in next week to see Tommy beefing with Alvarez from Oz and to see how long it takes before he nails Jenny. I might've misheard the opening monologue from the snitch in jail but Jenny's husband is dead and she doesn't know it, right?

Guest Oedipus Rex

Is this going to be an avatar-and-sig show? I have this bad feeling it will be.

Is this going to be an avatar-and-sig show? I have this bad feeling it will be.

If you're going to avoid a show based on that then you were never going to give it a chance in the first place.

Turns avs and sigs off if it bothers you so much.

NBC really needs to stop marketing shows around who produced/wrote for them instead of the plot or characters. They cursed Studio 60 before it even aired with that abortion of a campaign and they did it here too.

Up until the last five minutes I didn't really care too much about the show. Then the montage kicked in with Tommy walking into the Italian bar and everything all of a sudden became pretty fucking awesome. Then the blade came out and things really went up a notch

In the pilot this scene was ten times better with Arcade Fire's Rebellion ( lies ) but sadly they replaced it with a song from Snow Patrol ( Grrrrrr :angry: )

NBC really needs to stop marketing shows around who produced/wrote for them instead of the plot or characters. They cursed Studio 60 before it even aired with that abortion of a campaign and they did it here too.
You mean the one that went: "AARON SORKIN! AARON SORKIN! AARON SORKIN!AARON SORKIN! AARON SORKIN! AARON SORKIN!AARON SORKIN! AARON SORKIN! AARON SORKIN!AARON SORKIN! AARON SORKIN! AARON SORKIN!AARON SORKIN! AARON SORKIN! AARON SORKIN!AARON SORKIN! AARON SORKIN! AARON SORKIN!AARON SORKIN! AARON SORKIN! AARON SORKIN!AARON SORKIN! AARON SORKIN! AARON SORKIN!AARON SORKIN! AARON SORKIN! AARON SORKIN!AARON SORKIN! AARON SORKIN! AARON SORKIN!AARON SORKIN! AARON SORKIN! AARON SORKIN!AARON SORKIN! AARON SORKIN! AARON SORKIN!AARON SORKIN! AARON SORKIN! AARON SORKIN!AARON SORKIN! AARON SORKIN! AARON SORKIN!AARON SORKIN! AARON SORKIN! AARON SORKIN!AARON SORKIN! AARON SORKIN! AARON SORKIN!AARON SORKIN! AARON SORKIN! AARON SORKIN!AARON SORKIN! AARON SORKIN! AARON SORKIN!AARON SORKIN! AARON SORKIN! AARON SORKIN!AARON SORKIN! AARON SORKIN! AARON SORKIN!AARON SORKIN! AARON SORKIN! AARON SORKIN!AARON SORKIN! AARON SORKIN! AARON SORKIN!AARON SORKIN! AARON SORKIN! AARON SORKIN!AARON SORKIN! AARON SORKIN! AARON SORKIN!AARON SORKIN! AARON SORKIN! AARON SORKIN!AARON SORKIN! AARON SORKIN! AARON SORKIN!AARON SORKIN! AARON SORKIN! AARON SORKIN!"?

I'll assume by the lack of comments that no one was really impressed by last week's show? I liked it, but it felt like parody at times. Maybe it's just because it's coming out when the Sopranos is big and there's all these mob movies (Departed, Slevin, and so on), but it feels kind of "been there, done that, and done it better" to me. I like it, but I want to like it more.

Eh, cursing shouldn't determine the outcome on which is a better show.

I like Black Donellys. It's not like there's a bunch of shows like this on non-cable TV.

Black Donnellys = Irish family that doesn't curse and says "Bug off"

Brotherhood = Irish family that curses a blue streak.

No contest.

I'll be the judge of that...

Man... I gave this show a chance the night it premiered and I really got into it. Now the news has come that it has been canceled, although the remaining 6 episodes will stream on NBC.com.

Wow the last two episode were great, the final confrontation between The Donnellys and Dokey's crew in the last minutes of the last one, especially. Awesome That was the most anticlimatic gun battle ever

I'm pissed that this show got cancelled

Bah ! Kevin got finally lucky :)