TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Oedipus Rex

2007 Spring Training: The Thread

I think Arizona's better than San Diego. That's the only team that worries me in the division, but I'm pretty sure that the Dodgers will at least win the Wildcard, considering the weakness of the League.

I think Arizona's better than San Diego. That's the only team that worries me in the division, but I'm pretty sure that the Dodgers will at least win the Wildcard, considering the weakness of the League.

I think they need to win the division. The league as a whole is going to be a lot better this year and there is going to be a dogfight in the east with Philly, New York and Atlanta. One of those teams will probably end up as the Wild Card.

Matsuzaka looked pretty decent for a first spring training start against college players. His fastball only topped out at 92, but his breaking stuff looked pretty good.

Remy and Orscillo said that he averaged something like 140 pitches a start last year....and that was DOWN from the previous season. And that he threw 350 pitches in one day in Japanese spring training. I don't think arm strength will be a problem with this guy in this "we coddle the starting pitchers" league

Edited by KingPK

Guest Oedipus Rex

But MC Hammer was like the vice-president of the Oakland A's or something. Speaking of the A's and rap, is there any way we can get something involving them ghost riding the whip? Tell Rich Harden when to go.

The Orioles had a combined 1 hitter on the Marlins winning 3-0. Eric Bedard pitched extremely well which makes me happy.

Tomorrow, the Os play the Nats in the first game ever for the Orioles on MASN TV. Historic and stuff. Im working but Im recording it to watch when I get home.

Guest Smues
But MC Hammer was like the vice-president of the Oakland A's or something. Speaking of the A's and rap, is there any way we can get something involving them ghost riding the whip? Tell Rich Harden when to go.

In that case wouldn't it be ghost riding the WHIP?

Pierre, yes. Gonzo, I'll wait and see before determining whether or not I'll like him.

I'd love for Pierre to get hurt for the whole season so that Kemp could take his spot, and then Kemp would play so good that Gonzo definitely wouldn't be kept for next year. I'm more worried about injuries to the rotation, that would mean instant death.

You know - as a Marlins fan I probably respect Juan Pierre more than most... but that contract, wow. If I were a Dodger fan, I'd be furious about it. $11M a year for Pierre is just silly.

Guest Oedipus Rex

In that case wouldn't it be ghost riding the WHIP?

Oh fuck you.

I think it's hilarious that one of ESPN.com's top MLB stories right now is the fact that both Wood and Prior will be starting spring training. The fact that is news, let alone a top story, is something that I wouldn't have believed if you told me it in mid 2003.

I still remember how horrified I was that the Marlins had to face Wood and Prior in games six and seven of the NLCS.

Guest Oedipus Rex

Prior and Wood in six and seven, not vice versa, just for clarification. As for the news, Prior will tear his vagina before April, so I'm not really jazzed about him starting a meaningless preseason game.

Guest Smues

I read on MLB.com that Bobby Cox is considering retiring after the 2008 season. He's old, and it won't surprise me whenever he does choose to retire, but it'll still suck. He's been managing the Braves for so long now that it almost doesn't seem possible to have anyone else doing the job.

Guest Oedipus Rex

I'm still mad at you for Ghost Ride The WHIP.

Maybe Prior will go on the DL for "lack of stamina" like Runelvys Hernandez. Best DL reason ever.

Guest Smues
I'm still mad at you for Ghost Ride The WHIP.

Maybe Prior will go on the DL for "lack of stamina" like Runelvys Hernandez. Best DL reason ever.

You're just mad I didn't turn it into a zainy sitcom.

Wait I've got it!

Patrick Sweyze is a dead man that rides around the country in a pickup truck playing baseball with the other random spirits that roam the Earth like Casper and Bill Cosby. It's called "Ghost ride the WHIP"

Yeah-uh!

Guest Oedipus Rex

I have an idea for a show about a fry cook from Germany who travels in time to instill sabermetric principles in 1960s baseball men. It's called The VORP Zone.

The Os have Joe Angel and Fred Manfra on the radio..I already mentioned on the TV side it appears to be Gary Thorne and Jim Palmer/Buck Martinez.

Neither of which Im all too fond of..I can hardly wait for the first Gary Thorne "Its back..at the track..at the wall.................GOODBYE HOME RUN!"

Damn, I'm watching the Cubs game on WGN. After coming back from a commericial they showed the fans sitting on the grass hill just beyond the left field fence. There was one hot chick wearing a bikini top about two sizes too small. It didn't look like she had tan lines. That is why I love spring training.

Guest Oedipus Rex
Damn, I'm watching the Cubs game on WGN. After coming back from a commericial they showed the fans sitting on the grass hill just beyond the left field fence. There was one hot chick wearing a bikini top about two sizes too small. It didn't look like she had tan lines. That is why I love spring training.

Those WGN cameramen know how to shoot a ballgame.

EDIT: Yes! Len Kasper called Ryan Theriot "The Riot" just now!

Guest Queen Leelee

There's more than enough of that around here without attending boring, meaningless baseball games.

Chicks in bikinis at a baseball game? I think the fact that the camera show it is to make poor suckers like me wish I was in a place that warm instead of being stuck in bumfuck North Dakota with 2 feet of snow.