TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

NCAA Basketball Tournament 1st/2nd Round Thread

Flagrant or not..Xavier still had their 2 shots at the line to ice it and then didn't defend the guy shooting a 3, it's thier fault.

Asking the refs to make a call that completely decides the game isn't right and they shouldn't do it.

Unless it was the right call.

You kinda got to call a flagrant when the guy lowers his shoulder and just levels a player. He wasn't going for the ball or nothing, he just slammed into him. I guess they figured him fouling out was enough.

Xavier did blow the game on their own though with that pathetic display of offense and defense in the final two minutes of regulation.

Having refereed university-level basketball, and watching Seth Davis' explanation of the Oden foul, I can say definitively that he has no idea what he's talking about. His saying that the officials would be saying Oden should be ejected from the game if they called an intentional is ridiculous. An intentional foul has nothing to do with the nature of the contact, and everything to do with whether or not he was making a play for the ball (which, from my viewpoint, he wasn't). If he wasn't making a play for the ball and just wanted to commit a foul to stop the clock, it's an intentional.

Having refereed university-level basketball, and watching Seth Davis' explanation of the Oden foul, I can say definitively that he has no idea what he's talking about. His saying that the officials would be saying Oden should be ejected from the game if they called an intentional is ridiculous. An intentional foul has nothing to do with the nature of the contact, and everything to do with whether or not he was making a play for the ball (which, from my viewpoint, he wasn't). If he wasn't making a play for the ball and just wanted to commit a foul to stop the clock, it's an intentional.

Bingo. It's very rare for a player to get ejected for an intentional in a college game, unless it's a malicious foul. While not malicious, Oden's foul certainly was intentional (e.g., no play on the ball).

Edgar Sosa's playing just a spectacular game. Chanelling Taquan Dean in terms of an amazing tourney performance from a UL player.

Yes, Maryland got dicked on that charge call. But they didn't play like they really wanted for most of the game so fuck him. It's the NCAA tournament and if you dont play like you want to keep playing then you dont deserve it anyway. They had plenty of chances and blew it.

Guest Queen Leelee

I swear, I should pick who I don't think will win. I'd do better.

Awesome game down the stretch there. Having basically just won a road game, A&M's looking good to go very, very far.

And now they are going to San Antonio

Unfair! Unfair! Unfair!

Awesome game down the stretch there. Having basically just won a road game, A&M's looking good to go very, very far.

And now they are going to San Antonio

Unfair! Unfair! Unfair!

Just like Louisville as a #6 seed getting to play two home games just down the road at Rupp Arena?

Neither one is unfair. That post's sarcasm shouldn't have been that hard to discern even as a messageboard post.

Honestly, I did not pick up on the sarcasm. However, after looking at it again I can see that you were. My bad. If I didn't point it out someone else was going to.