TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

NCAA Basketball Tournament 1st/2nd Round Thread

I didn't even think USC looked that strong tonight. Man, we can beat fucking Texas or give them a dogfight.

Still haven't lost any Sweet 16's on my HF bracket since I took Tennessee (LAWL), but on the TSM bracket I'm done. Long Beach State and Illinois were the only teams I had in the TSM bracket that lost tonight. The Illini fucking choked, and every fucking bubble team showed WHY they were on the bubble. Not a fucking one belonged. Give the bubble spots to mid-majors next time, please and thanks. I think a lot of brackets are going to be ruined tomorrow with these great matchups.

I gave LBSU the HHH push because I thought they were the best 12 seed that had the best matchup. But really, all today proved is that mid-major at large's are a lot better choices than Illinois and shit.

Guest Eagle Man
I need the Illionois upset..comeon!

This was as far as Jamar Smith and Bruce Weber deserved to go. "We're a family." Your family sucks.

Hell yeah I was expecting Illinois to win. They had a defense that I thought would give Va. Tech problems, and it was working until they quit on offense.

The only teams that proved a lot to me today were the Vols, USC, Kentucky and Southern Illinois. A bunch of the other teams proved what I already thought. That they sucked. But I'll leave that for my blog entry.

I barely managed to stay below double-digit losses for the 1st round but I'm still struggling. By my count it looks like there were 5 upsets according to seeds and 3 of them were in 8/9 matchups so in reality there were only 2 true upsets (and I imagine a lot of ppl had VCU and Winthrop).

29-3. I already lost Duke and LBST and we went to bed last night before the final session and I woke up to find out that my upset pick in Holy didn't take. Glad to see the lack of "upsets" (9 over 8 doesn't count) as that leads to some great match ups.

Wisconsin going out in the second round would give me a huge push for my big money pool. I'm not sure how i'm doing in my small cash pools and the on line pools but I'm sure since i didn't pay attention to what I did there.

King, not only can USC beat Texas, I think they will. That Trojan team has so many different weapons with Pruitt, Young, Gibson, they really outman Texas, who's not much beyong Durant and Augstine.

EDIT: Just wanted to add I checked out your blog, and as an Arizona fan I've got to agree. That team lacked heart after Christmas, I can't figure how you go from beating Louisville, Illinois, UNLV by 25 and Memphis to losing damn near every big game, but they managed it.

Oden really does need another year of college ball and, fortunately for him, he seems to feel that way too. If he stays OSU will definitely be my pick to win it all next season. In spite of all his hype they are still far from a one-man team & I still don't feel too shaky on having them in my Final Four.

I can't possibly see Oden staying. Money, endorsements--he's the #1, #2 pick at least, and he looks absolutely bored playing college ball. Moreso today than usual, even.

Money definitly talks. The one good thing the NBA has done lately is stop drafting high schoolers; in my opinion they would also benefit, in alot of cases, from drafting fewer freshman.

But, he could clearly use another season before going to the NBA. And, I thought I heard/read that he indicated feeling he should stay recently as well. Oden just makes so many silly mistakes.

Does anyone know why they're listing two different start times for Memphis v. Nevada? It's bugging me

One listed for eastern standard and the other for the people in the Western time zone perhaps?

I'm just seeing 2:15.

CBS and ESPN say 4:45, with the Florida game being at 2:15

NCAA says the same thing. I guess they switched the times between the two games for some reason. I'm not exactly sure why though, doesn't make a whole hell of a lot of sense to me. I guess they just didn't want two #1 teams playing at the same time.

Who's everyone got today?

I have:

Ohio State (Title Game) over Xavier

Maryland (Elite 8) over Butler

North Carolina (Final 4) over Michigan State

Vanderbilt (Sweet 16) over Washington State

Georgetown (Elite 8) over Boston College

Pittsburgh (Final 4) over Virginia Commonwealth

UCLA (Sweet 16) over Indiana

Louisville (Elite 8) over Texas A & M

Ohio State better stop fucking around with Atlantic 10 dogs.

UTSU should realize that Xavier isn't exactly some bottom feeder team. Stuck in a shitty conference doesn't make them a shitty team. It's the same as Memphis. I had X in a couple brackets and I never put OSU deep in the others, so I'm quite enjoying this game.

Matta recruited and coached these kids. He should know them inside and out but he doesn't.

I'm not sure, but do you think Xavier wanted this game? I mean, the announcers are being so hush hush about whether or not they wanted to play Ohio St.

Guest Sabu

If OSU loses, my bracket is DONE. And then i'll just go back to cheering for either UNC, Wisconsin, or Oregon to win it all.

Xavier is not a bottom feeder team, but they're not a Sweet 16 team.

Libing near both, I do realize the Atlantic 10 and Ivy League are bottom feeder conferences. OSU is missing lots of shots, and their overrated big man isn't hitting foul shots and is in foul trouble.

Xavier is playing really well and obviously wants to win more than OSU does.

"I had X in a couple brackets"

See that's where I guess our perspectives change, because I don't believe in filling out more than one bracket, it's kinda cheap. However, I do realize that it's INTELLIGENT to fill out more than one to increase your money chances. Gambling on the tourney isn't a big deal to me, it's more about the fun of the tournament, and winning cash coming second.