TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

NCAA Basketball Tournament 1st/2nd Round Thread

Xavier is not a bottom feeder team, but they're not a Sweet 16 team.

Libing near both, I do realize the Atlantic 10 and Ivy League are bottom feeder conferences. OSU is missing lots of shots, and their overrated big man isn't hitting foul shots and is in foul trouble.

Xavier is playing really well and obviously wants to win more than OSU does.

"I had X in a couple brackets"

See that's where I guess our perspectives change, because I don't believe in filling out more than one bracket, it's kinda cheap. However, I do realize that it's INTELLIGENT to fill out more than one to increase your money chances. Gambling on the tourney isn't a big deal to me, it's more about the fun of the tournament, and winning cash coming second.

I got two brackets that matter. One at work and another at my old job. The rest were small office pools that I entered because I was asked too. The ones that matter? I picked OSU because I thought OSU would actually play harder. The two important ones are identical aside from final scores. The rest were for shits and giggles.

If OSU loses? I'm happy. I had them out ahead of most people and X is a local school.

Oh, man. X is done now. OSU has way to much momentum now. What a game.

DON'T CALL IT A COMEBACK!

Yeah, don't.

I'm amazed that wasn't called an intentional foul. Oden leveled him.

Maybe Oden should come back and play DE for the Buckeyes next season.

WOW, Lewis CLUTCH.

Whoever took Gus Johnson off the announcing rotation for the regionals should be fired.

He's too exciting and likes mid-majors. Fuck him. Shocked ESPN hasn't tried to steal him. He and Vitale would be something else.

My bracket it is about to explode. I have Ohio St as my champions.

They're my runners up. I'd buy Ron Lewis a steak dinner but the NCAA would probably throw us both in jail.

Whoever took Gus Johnson off the announcing rotation for the regionals should be fired.

"College basketball!! CBS Sports!! THIS is March Madness!!"

Question now is can Ohio State do it without Oden on the court?

Damn, the Buckeyes are just going with the bombs away theory.

Fun tournament so far if a scary one. That's twice I've had one of my Final Four teams trailing double digits in the second half (this time it was my national champion) only to pull it out in the final seconds. Honestly, Xavier played the best basketball they were capable of playing today, they looked like a Top 10 team, and Ohio State still got the job done. I think that speaks volumes. Honestly, I feel more confident about OSU winning it all now than I did before the tip today.

Man if Ohio State lost, all my brackets would have had to go into the fire. Just goes to show that the Buckeyes have players other than Oden and Conley. This should serve as a wake-up call to them.

On a side note, Tommy Amaker got fired from Michigan. It's about damn time.

OSU isn't even going to survive one more round. This game exposed them six ways from Sunday. Next week Tennessee avenges the early season loss in Columbus by 2 points and puts these frauds out.

I am so pissed at that game, I really am. Keep in mind I also saw that same bullshit finish in the Miss St. vs. UK SEC tourney game, with the bizarre lane violation and Miss St. hitting the 3 to tie. With that game I was baffled as to why UK simply didn't foul to prevent that 3, and in this game I am even more baffled.

Seriously, I've seen that same stupid finish to about 5 games this year and not once has a coach learned from it. Not once.

Guest Queen Leelee

Grar, frustrating game. I want OSU to lose. I'm tired of the Oden hype, and it's so obvious he just wants to get this over with and get his millions in the NBA. Not that I blame him.

Oh, well. Go Memphis!

Flagrant or not..Xavier still had their 2 shots at the line to ice it and then didn't defend the guy shooting a 3, it's thier fault.

Asking the refs to make a call that completely decides the game isn't right and they shouldn't do it.