TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

NCAA Basketball Tournament 1st/2nd Round Thread

Nevada winning holds my bracket together, but I said Creighton would win and I bet on Creighton. I don't do money brackets.

Don't care, just want a good ending.

For anyone curious, Oregon's offense is "Brooks dribbles and everyone else shoots 3s." Very hot and cold.

Miami's defense is "knock down anyone who comes inside and pick up the ball and score a layup".

Guest Smues

The boss that my TV gets it's channel from just told me he had the game on if I wanted to watch, meaning I have the greenlight to watch even though our office is open, so huzzah March Madness.

Brackets still look good.

Phew. The total lack of upsets make for great matchups in the next round. That's where the upsets are going to happen, with these good looking 2 vs. 7 games.

My two outlandish Sweet 16 picks, Albany and Creighton, are now both out. I had Winthrop but so did everyone else so that doesn't help much. Can we please get some damn upsets?

While Miami probably won't have another bank miracle in the works, the fact they have kept this supposedly high powered offense down and off their game along with still being alive coming down the stretch makes me quite proud.

I take that back. Miami might take this fucker afterall and that makes me very estatic and angry at the same time.

Ok. That was probably for the best. I keep my big money pool alive and well and my school does a great job and kept that supposed incredible offense on their Miami Ball tempo and went to the wire and even hit a fucking half court buzzer but it was still short.

For all those "likely upsets"-Long Beach, Albany, Oral, Davidson, and Wright, Miami actually came closer despite everyone brushing them off as if it were to be a 98-54 game.

Of course, only 5268 people in America saw the game.

You have to admit it was easy to overlook Miami of OH though. Oregon was coming off winning the Pac 10 tourney while Miami of OH only got in on a crazy banked 3 that essentially screwed the more deserving Akron. It was thus easy to put them in that Wright St. or GW category of "Teams who won their conf. tourney in an upset to get an unwanted auto bid."

The lack of upsets is a good thing though. It means things will get psychotic this weekend.

I have serious doubts about Kansas. I don't think Kansas is going to lose, but Niagara will not back down.

Now I'm going to go to a friend's house for these and the SC game.

You have to admit it was easy to overlook Miami of OH though. Oregon was coming off winning the Pac 10 tourney while Miami of OH only got in on a crazy banked 3 that essentially screwed the more deserving Akron. It was thus easy to put them in that Wright St. or GW category of "Teams who won their conf. tourney in an upset to get an unwanted auto bid."

The lack of upsets is a good thing though. It means things will get psychotic this weekend.

No question. They really had no right to be here. I was actually expecting that blowout type but I was just saying I'm quite happy to see them perform so well after being slighted by the entire media or just ignored outright. Akron had the type of team that could have been a legit threat to upset although the Lebron James stories would get tiresome.

Just keeping Oregon under 60 was a victory much less coming down to the final seconds.

No question. They really had no right to be here. I was actually expecting that blowout type but I was just saying I'm quite happy to see them perform so well after being slighted by the entire media or just ignored outright. Akron had the type of team that could have been a legit threat to upset although the Lebron James stories would get tiresome.

Just keeping Oregon under 60 was a victory much less coming down to the final seconds.

Nothing came easy for UO, that's for sure. Any time Brooks penetrated he got bounced around like a pinball.