TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

NCAA Basketball Tournament 1st/2nd Round Thread

They're mine too. I dropped $100 on them for tomorrow.

I picked USC over Oregon like that because we already beat Oregon twice. It seemed foolish to take Oregon when they didn't beat us in the other matchups, but they had the better turnaround time. The SC game ended at 11 and the title game started at 3. Plus we were playing at home. Not good.

If I'm wrong about LBSU, first person to post a av and sig for me gets my space for a month. Anything not involving dicks will be ok. If I'm right, I get big time bragging rights!

13-3 for me. The only team that made me look real bad was Stanford. Seemed like ppl were pretty high on them so I went with them. Guess I should've factored the location of the game more heavily. None of the 3 I had winning in the next round anyways so I'm good.

Guest Queen Leelee

I made an extra little bet for Tennessee today. Just because.

And UNLV. Just because, also.

I bet on UNLV for this set of games. Looking real good. Pretty...pretty...pretty good.

Memphis is sucking it up out there.

I'm starting to worry about my Long Beach State prediction and the shit that you guys will make me carry wherever I post.

Memphis picked it up like gangbusters. These good teams can turn it around so quick on these lower seeds.

Well so much for that Albany Sweet 16 prediction. GT better pick it up too. Guess I shoulda just picked the higher seed to win every game.

Guest Queen Leelee
I'm starting to worry about my Long Beach State prediction and the shit that you guys will make me carry wherever I post.

No worries.

This is irrelevant to anyone not watching in Canada, but I hate the fact that Sportsnet (4 regional networks, often showing different games) lost the rights to the tournament to The Score (one national network, usually the same game as CBS, and an annoying ticker running on the bottom of the screen). Now I have to rely on MMOD for other games, and it's not nearly as good.

Agreed on your first criticism, but I like the ticker.

Memphis picked it up like gangbusters. These good teams can turn it around so quick on these lower seeds.

Like UNC last night. Even when Eastern Kentucky was surging, you just knew Carolina was going to step on their throat at any moment.

Another incorrect upset pick for me.

Ditto. I had them going to the Sweet 16 since a 13-seed almost always gets that far. D'oh!

There's still New Mexico State and Holy Cross. And I think both of those teams have a shot.

One thing forgotten about yesterday, there weren't really a whole lot of upset picks to be made in the first place. We knocked out 3 3 vs. 14 games, the 2 easiest 2 vs 15's, and 1 5 vs. 12 game. There's still a lot of time.

Guest Queen Leelee

The only real upset I had was Wright St., and that was only in my "non-serious" pools. Stupid Pitt. I hate Gray.

I only put 30 on UNLV, so if they lose it won't hurt too bad. Good game so far.

But if they lose, it destroys my brackets. They are my "cinderella". The only good thing that comes of them losing is that I don't drop a lot on them against the Badgers tomorrow.

Guest Queen Leelee

Memphis will blow them out, eventually.

They're the master of looking like shit most of the game, bricking all their free throws, then getting some 20-0 run with all kinds of crazy athleticism.

Here we go. The fucking big one. My credibility is on the line.

were getting some 95-100 pt shit hurr guys