TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

NCAA Basketball Tournament 1st/2nd Round Thread

The Hoosiers should just yell really loud whenever they drive for a layup, and they'll get to the line every time. It's working for the Bruins. Of course, given the way we shot free throws tonight, that probably wouldn't have helped anyway.

7-1 on the day, losing only Washington State.

Oh dear god....Pitt vs. UCLA. It's like the nightmare come to life. Let's just hope SIU doesn't advance all THAT far since I can't stomach the Pitt/UCLA winner facing SIU in the Elite 8. Let's just give that region to Kansas, even if they are chokers. Whoever wins that epic Pitt/UCLA clash is bound to be out of gas for the Elite 8.

For tomorrow I'll take Tennessee, SIU, Nevada, Wisconsin, Florida, Kansas, Texas, and I guess I'll stick with Oregon but am iffy on that pick since ND was in my bracket. Winthrop could be the Cinderella of this tourney now.

I think JB's been ok, and I've had him for like, 5 full games so far.

He needs more time with calling games, and he'll be good. He calls the action just as it is, no frills. And I like that.

I think JB's been ok, and I've had him for like, 5 full games so far.

He needs more time with calling games, and he'll be good. He calls the action just as it is, no frills. And I like that.

Agreed. He was off the first day but I thought he did an admirable job today.

I'm unusually nervous about the SC game.

We're getting another close one here, and probably a 90 point game to boot.

I'm psyched about SC/Texas. If I have any pulse left after this game, today's matchups look awesome. If we get a day half as good as yesterday, this is a hell of a weekend.

We matchup with Texas a ton better than a lot of people think, but I don't think we can stop Durant. That said, Durant's going to have a hell of a job stopping Taj "Mahal" Gibson down low.

I think UNC can take Texas. Too talented and too deep.

A solid 10 man rotation, all of which could start on other tournament teams, taking on a 1 man team.

Anyone want to remind me again why everyone is taking Texas?

Nah, they're a little different. Oden's obviously NOT their most important player.

He is their most important player if for no other reason than the amount of attention he draws from opposing teams. He is not, as I have said more than a few times here lately when it has been opined otherwise, not the 'only' player on the team.

I say that because I think that Ohio St. could win the tourney without Oden. I don't think they could win it without Conley.