TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JasonX

The Shield

Tavon coming back to take Lem's place makes too much sense so it probably won't happen.

You know what channel they are gonna show The Shield in Canada on? What's the deal?

Lol, I was gonna ask the same thing. I'll d/l them if I have to but I'd rather watch it on my tv. Global, to my best recollection carried it last year but I'd have to check again.

Lol, I was gonna ask the same thing. I'll d/l them if I have to but I'd rather watch it on my tv. Global, to my best recollection carried it last year but I'd have to check again.

Yeah it looks like we are all going to have to resort to downloading it. CH TV(the sister channel to Global) carried it last year, but I've searched on their websites last week and nothing was up about The Shield.

You know the original poster is the actor who plays 'Ronnie', right?

I'm not David Rees Snell, for the record.

Speaking of The Shield has anyone read the rumors about Dutch getting his own after the show is over? I would love to see that seeing how Dutch is my favorite on the show.

I haven't heard that rumor, though I've read a recent interview with Shawn Ryan where he joked about allowing Jay Karnes (the actor who plays Dutch) pull a Richard Belzer and allow him to take the "Dutch" character to another law enforcement show after the series ends, ala how Belzer took his Homicide character to Law and Order SVU, after Homicide ended....

6 hours, bitches! Cannot wait for tonight's episode. Jason X, you could update your sig notes a little bit...it's a year plus outdated.

Have no idea where this season is headed, but I know I'll enjoy it

Dutch: "You gotta be shitting me..."

good stuff. I think it's a great start to the season. Kav setting up Vic's home at the end was twisted. Very much looking forward to what FX has in store

Really good way to start off the season and this looks like this season might top season 1.

And is this the first time an Oscar winner was in a TV show the same year he won the Oscar?

Good start to the season. Also, "Dick N' Grannies"

Awesome. Shane's reactions this whole episode were heartbreaking even though we know he's a total murdering disloyal piece of shit. And the crime scene Dutch found was just horrifying, even by The Shield's usually brutal standards.

Really good way to start off the season and this looks like this season might top season 1.

And is this the first time an Oscar winner was in a TV show the same year he won the Oscar?

I know Helen Hunt was still doing Mad About You when she won the Oscar.

Tremendous episode as always. Set alot great stuff, fantastic direction and the story was just superb. The multiple death scene at the end should be a pretty interesting story.

Forrest and Walton could have easily won emmys for their work in past seasons (Forrest last year and Walt the last 2)

I hope Kav sticks around more than just a couple of episodes. Also glad to see DRS in the opening credits. I feel like Acevade's just kinda there now, doesn't seem to add too much to the show anymore.

And I agree about Shane, the looks on his face when he finds out Lem didn't rat them out were priceless. I don't think he's going to be able to keep this a secret.

I would be absolutely fascinated if Shane got away with it, like Vic's gotten away with everything. I don't think they'll go that route, though. There's always been inertia towards destruction on this show and I don't think it'll ever stop.

I remember being a bit pissed that they didn't do Vic vs. Shane towards the end of season 4 like it seemed they would, but this is so, so much better. Another thing to love about the show: it rarely makes a major move too soon.

Guest jonnymack

What a great way to start the show. I'm new to the boards but have been looking for a new wrestling board to go to and imagine my surprise to see some other Shield fans roaming around. I can't wait to see what this season holds in store. That brutal crime scene was yet another unbelievable turn. Kav selling his soul and making it "personal", Shane finding out that Lem never sold them out and his subsequent death wish and just the ongoing raising of the stakes is unbelievable. I just picked this show up last season so I've got tons to catch up on but the top notch acting and writing make this show can't miss tv.

Watching FX today, they're running a preview for just next week's episode, as opposed to the season preview they ran on Tuesday. I'll use spoiler tags, just in case, but it's more the plot of this episode rather than a particular giveaway.

Apparently everyone is on the lookout for Vic after Kavanaugh planted the evidence, but Vic is finally out looking for Guardo.

And the teaser at the end of the preview:

Someone will fall...

I'd guess it's either Kavanaugh or just Guardo, but they only showed Vic, Claudette, Shane, and Kavanaugh when they said it, so I'd assume Kavanaugh is more likely.

Can't wait. This season looks to be awesome. I'm just disappointed it's going to be even shorter than usual.

Hmmm, was just looking at description's of upcoming eps at TV.com and saw this for ep 4

"An unsolved rape case from the past that Dutch and Claudette were working on resurfaces." Any idea what case this is as I'm drawing a blank.

Just finished watching it and goddamn that's some good stuff. The ending montage was heartbreaking, I loved the small touch of Julien visiting Lem's grave, they weren't portrayed as best buddies or anything but it hammers home the idea that Julien is one of the better people in The Barn. Is Ronnie becoming an alcoholic? To my best knowledge this was the first time we've ever gotten a scene of just Ronnie alone doing his own thing and I doubt it's just random that he was found in a bar. Shane banging Antwons hood-rat was not a shock at all. That crime scene with the cats? Wow. I actually said "Oh my God" out loud when Dutch turned the lights on.

Are we to assume that Kavanaugh is going to run the serial numbers on the money he stole from Vic's place to try and tie him to the money train?

Hmmm, was just looking at description's of upcoming eps at TV.com and saw this for ep 4

"An unsolved rape case from the past that Dutch and Claudette were working on resurfaces." Any idea what case this is as I'm drawing a blank.

Wasn't that the straggler or something like that? I know it was a big thing and it was the reason why Dutch straggled the cat. Unless that stuff was solved.

Wasn't that the straggler or something like that? I know it was a big thing and it was the reason why Dutch straggled the cat. Unless that stuff was solved.

"Cuddler Rapist" was the name of that rapist and they caught him, leading to him pushing Dutch's buttons afterwords to make him later kill the cat.

Most likely though:

they'll create a new case that happened inbetween episodes/seasons and do that instead

As for Ronnie being at the bar in the final moment montage, most likely the scene was something that they came up with simply to show the character doing something, IE Ronnie being at the bar, silently thinking deep thoughts as usual. That said

one of the upcoming episodes is rumored to supposedly explore Vic and Ronnie's friendship in terms of revealing that Ronnie may be the only person in Vic's life who truly gives a fuck about him, in terms of worrying about Vic's series-long slide into the abyss. So you could toss that into the possible equation regarding what was up with Ronnie in the montage, in terms of him quietly worrying about Vic and his fear that Vic will self-destruct in his pursuit of the man who murdered their friend.

My thoughts on the episode BTW:

I was suprised that they downplayed Shane's grief for murdering Lem because of a lie; WG did a great job playing the grief in a very reserved sort of way, which could make for an interesting build in terms of repeating season one's arc of Shane slowly going batshit crazy, ultimately exploding in a brutal "DEMAND LOVE" scene where Shane's waving a gun in front of Vic, begging Vic for absolution.

As for Kavanaugh? Talk about a stupid ass motherfucker; not only is this going to explode in his face, but it will completely render Vic bulletproof from all future corruption charges, since he can point to Kavanaugh framing him as proof towards his "conspiracy" claims regarding IAD being out to get him.

And Acaveda's fucked too. He may have scored a cheap win by demonizing Lem to the media as a corrupt cop, but once Kavanaugh is busted for trying to frame Vic, want to bet that Acaveda's in front of the cameras, santifying Lem as an innocent cop framed by a vindictive, sociopath IAD officer and a snitch who'd sell out her own mother for a buck? Fucker will be lucky to get off with that, since Vic will have the LAPD by the proverbial balls over Kavanaugh's framejob when the shit hits the fan. A public apology/santification of Lem and confirmation his that his early retirement pinkslipping has been permenantly shelved will probably be the least that Vic would be able to finagle out of the department after Kavanaugh's brought down. And on the sidelines, I would be shocked if we don't get Claudette and Dutch shaking their heads and sighing that Vic will be even MORE of a jerk to deal with/never be brought to justice for his crimes, due to Kavanaugh's assholeness.

[And I'm not being overly dramatic; Kavanaugh has to be one of the most stupid ass characters I've seen on TV in ages for the shit he pulls in the season premire. For a character to utterly commit such a fucktard act like that, it raises the bar for new lows in terms of characters committing acts so stupid and suicidal....]

Anyone think Lem or Ronnie could be the baby's daddy? Who knows, anything could happen

Shawn Ryan has been very public about the fact that the child is Vic's when asked in interviews about the plotline, though he's never outright confirmed the identity of the father of the child in an episode yet. Which means that he could retcon it if he wanted to down the line.

My thoughts on the episode BTW:

I was suprised that they downplayed Shane's grief for murdering Lem because of a lie; WG did a great job playing the grief in a very reserved sort of way, which could make for an interesting build in terms of repeating season one's arc of Shane slowly going batshit crazy, ultimately exploding in a brutal "DEMAND LOVE" scene where Shane's waving a gun in front of Vic, begging Vic for absolution.

As for Kavanaugh? Talk about a stupid ass motherfucker; not only is this going to explode in his face, but it will completely render Vic bulletproof from all future corruption charges, since he can point to Kavanaugh framing him as proof towards his "conspiracy" claims regarding IAD being out to get him.

And Acaveda's fucked too. He may have scored a cheap win by demonizing Lem to the media as a corrupt cop, but once Kavanaugh is busted for trying to frame Vic, want to bet that Acaveda's in front of the cameras, santifying Lem as an innocent cop framed by a vindictive, sociopath IAD officer and a snitch who'd sell out her own mother for a buck? Fucker will be lucky to get off with that, since Vic will have the LAPD by the proverbial balls over Kavanaugh's framejob when the shit hits the fan. A public apology/santification of Lem and confirmation his that his early retirement pinkslipping has been permenantly shelved will probably be the least that Vic would be able to finagle out of the department after Kavanaugh's brought down. And on the sidelines, I would be shocked if we don't get Claudette and Dutch shaking their heads and sighing that Vic will be even MORE of a jerk to deal with/never be brought to justice for his crimes, due to Kavanaugh's assholeness.

[And I'm not being overly dramatic; Kavanaugh has to be one of the most stupid ass characters I've seen on TV in ages for the shit he pulls in the season premire. For a character to utterly commit such a fucktard act like that, it raises the bar for new lows in terms of characters committing acts so stupid and suicidal....]

Naw, I don't see this as Kavanaugh being 'stupid' he's just gone so far over the edge due to Vic getting one up on him at all instances last season. He's not doing this to get the easy bust, he's just been drawn so deeply into the world that the strike team lived. Sure he used underhanded techniques at the beginning, but he never crossed the line until he threatened to put Lem in jail with Antwon (though Kavanaugh did claim that he never intended to, that it was just a last resort threat to get Lem to crack), but now he's so consumed with taking down Vic that he's becoming everything he wanted to stop. Him stopping and seeing his reflection as he left Vic's showed this really well.

The downward spiral of Kavanaugh is just so amazingly written and acted and I'm really glad he didn't disappear after last season.

Fuck, people killing their friends to save themselves (over a lie too), someone being so consumed that they cross all the lines they're trying to protect, all the fatal flaws in the characters. This stuff is so Shakespearian .

I said it last season but man, it's absolutely insane that this show is getting this good in it's 5th/6th season. It was really great before, but this is ridiculous.

Oh yeah, and great reference to Dutch's pimp hand with the 'Good girl.'

I loved the ending to tonight's episode with Kavanaugh finally getting locked away. Plus seeing Kavanaugh get owned by Claudette while she interogatted Amolia was wonderful. I expected the spat between Vic and Kavanaugh to come to blows, but just seeing him quietly locked away and shamed in front of the barn was fine. I can't wait for next weeks episode.

Yeah, this was a good one. Vic is getting scary-obsessed with getting to Guardo just like Kavanaugh was tripping into madness himself. Loved the ending. I hope Kavanaugh pops up again somewhere down the line like Antwon did, if this is the end to his arc.

Guest Starks

Huge warning RE: Spoilers in various forums:

A broadcasting deal has been made that allows French TV network Canal+ to broadcast two new Season 6 episodes of The Shield a week.

Episode 1 was broadcast last week, and episodes 2 and 3 have gone to air within the last 24hrs, with 2 new episodes to be screened every week from here on out. This means that Season 6 will have been screened in it's entirety by May 10 in France, where as the finale is to air on June 5 in the US.

Anyone who is living in France or has a broadband internet connection can potentially view the episodes before they air in the US, so beware of spoilers on IMDB.com and the like.

Guest jonnymack
Yeah, this was a good one. Vic is getting scary-obsessed with getting to Guardo just like Kavanaugh was tripping into madness himself. Loved the ending. I hope Kavanaugh pops up again somewhere down the line like Antwon did, if this is the end to his arc.

Yeah I'm with you that I hope this isn't the last of Kavanaugh. Imagine being RELIEVED to be in jail. I love it. Next week should be unbelievable, I wonder if Shane's going to crack? It's only a matter of time.

Dutch's love of shitty New Wave music is always good for a laugh.

This has been great so far. Sooner or later, Shane is going to crack. You just know it.