TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BUTT

91/3 rof setoN revresbO gniltserW

I don't know why they would end the Originals/New Breed feud at WM. Don't they kinda have to have some sort of major storyline for the ONS PPV? Or have they already given up hope on that show drawing a dime?

One Night Stand is being treated as a regular WWE PPV now.

I agree, something doesn't make sense - why make the t-shirts and seemingly have a CM Punk "pick sides" angle if the whole NB vs O deal is going to end at WM23? Since Punk is in MITB, does that mean he never picks a side?

I agree, the best idea would be to stretch this out until One Night Stand.

Actaully, it depends when the MITB match is. If it is before the Originals vs New Breed match then after Punk wins the match he can cause the Originals to loose the match and finally pick his side.

So, not only is it the 3rd 'One Night Stand', but the name has no connection to it's original idea either? Wouldn't 'WWE One Night A Week' be a more fitting name?

It's gonna be a TNA/WWE cross-promotional event....."The Samoan BullDozer vs. The Samoan Submission Machine.....WWE Champion Edge vs. NWA Champion Christian(Brother vs Brother...Title vs Title) to Main Event...

So, not only is it the 3rd 'One Night Stand', but the name has no connection to it's original idea either? Wouldn't 'WWE One Night A Week' be a more fitting name?

It's gonna be a TNA/WWE cross-promotional event....."The Samoan BullDozer vs. The Samoan Submission Machine.....WWE Champion Edge vs. NWA Champion Christian(Brother vs Brother...Title vs Title) to Main Event...

Damn, that would actually be a pretty badass show.

I agree, something doesn't make sense - why make the t-shirts and seemingly have a CM Punk "pick sides" angle if the whole NB vs O deal is going to end at WM23? Since Punk is in MITB, does that mean he never picks a side?

Actaully, it depends when the MITB match is. If it is before the Originals vs New Breed match then after Punk wins the match he can cause the Originals to loose the match and finally pick his side.

Punk is a face, so why would he join the NEW Breed who are all heels?

Punk is a face, so why would he join the NEW Breed who are all heels?

McMahon wants him as a heel. Wouldn't be shocked if they did a Punk/RVD program leading out of that. Let Punk put out RVD's admiration for POT. Revive the sXe heel character and have Punk send RVD packing. Only problem is, RVD will struggle to match pace with Punk on the promo side of things.

McMahon wants him as a heel. Wouldn't be shocked if they did a Punk/RVD program leading out of that. Let Punk put out RVD's admiration for POT. Revive the sXe heel character and have Punk send RVD packing. Only problem is, RVD will struggle to match pace with Punk on the promo side of things.

That's quite perfect when you think about it from WWE's mindset. Have a way to bury RVD further by having an on-air character berate RVD for pot smoking, bury RVD by showing that he can't really match up on the mic, and bury RVD even more for losing to what is pretty much a "rookie" in WWE-land.

If RVD can cut another "smark" promo like the HHH water bottle one about what WWECW has become then everything will look good on tv. Remember RVD's rise to the top of ECW back in the late 90's was based off of his heel character so he isn't exactly completely worthless promo/interview wise.

I've been baffled as to why they haven't done Punk vs. RVD yet. Can we please at least get that for ONS this year? The biggest obstacle in it though is that if Punk berates RVD for being a pothead and saying it has had a detrimental effect on his career....how does that make him the heel? It makes him right. Tough angle for WWE to do really, since I doubt RVD would be a repentent pothead. In other words by having Punk be the heel and RVD the face it would be WWE condoning drug use, and I'm not sure they really want to do that. If it is kept on a tweener level it might work, and then by obviously jobbing RVD in the feud they can say "See, smoking pot doesn't pay! The pothead lost to the straight edge guy!"

At this point, attacking RVD makes you a heel.

And who cares if Punk is right in what he says? Heels get booed all the time for honesty (Think JBL/Eddy strap match that JBL won legit and the fans booed the crap out of the RIGHT decision because it was against Eddy)

So its back to going to shades of grey, eh!? There is a difference in being Right, political incorrect, and being completely tasteless and out of touch with reality...

I wasn't agreeing with the idea to have them feud over that, I was just making a point.

Even though RVD is not exactly straight-edge, I don't think they should bring that stuff into the wrestling ring. We already have Austin glorifying alcoholism, which is at least legal. Why not just have Punk beat everyone else, and have them make a point to say that the only person he hasn't beaten (besides the champ) is RVD?

Take a close look at the Raven/Punk storyline and you'll see how a drug addict can be the big face when it's Punk playing the heel. Of course, RVD lacks the ability to act or sell a character. It'd really work with Austin, more-so given his connection to the crowd and ability to promo. Imagine building that program up over a few months...Punk is clearly a big star in the making. Austin's never getting Hogan. Austin/Punk could be huge if played right.

Punk can make a crowd love anyone. RVD is already over. He was over for being "cool". You'd have this arrogant prick putting himself over everyone and getting into their skin and RVD, this guy whom has always been popular for his different style and approach. His admiration for pot hasn't been kept secret in WWE. It's been out there for quite some time. WWE loves doing "angles based off reality". We saw it constantly over the past few years but not to the extent of Russo. It would work in a big way if Punk gets to do his own material.

Punk could win MITB.

And then bring up RVD winning MITB, and his pot smoking being more important than ECW's World Title, and not being able to run with the ball when he won it.

Insta-feud.

Other drug feuds include:

Sandman (Punk Vs. Beer)

Lashley (Punk Vs. Steroids)

sXe Punk would work best right now against only RVD and Steve Austin. Sandman isn't dynamic enough right now and obviously isn't going anywhere except back to the indies. Steroids aren't getting touched. Austin/Punk would be a tremendous promo war but only if it builds to Austin's return match at Summer Slam. Hogan-Austin is dead. If Austin isn't getting the big money match, might as put over the new star in the making in a storyline that'd rock.

RVD has already been covered. If they wanted to use Punk-Foley, just rip off their ROH deal.

Did Foley even use those? In Have a Nice Day he said that he used either few or no pain pills in his wrestling career.

Foley said on an interview with LAW that he had a plan to get involved after Wrestlemania, and he said if they went with it it'd be a huge bombshell.

So Foley/Punk is a possibility.

Austin's never getting Hogan.

I think it's the other way around.

Its the same thing. The big money match isn't happening any time soon. Austin has one match left in him and whoever gets it either needs to be Hogan or someone who'd greatly benefit from it.