TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

This Week in Baseball 4/1 - 4/8

That's better than scattering hits.

True, nothing worse then reading a box score showing 7-10 hits, and find out they were useless scattered singles.

Getting three hits in the same inning just clogs up the bases. You can't win games if all you do is clog up the bases.

Jorge Julio was the bad Jorge today and gave up three runs in the bottom of the ninth. He got batted all around the diamond and blew the game for the Marlins. Big win for the Nationals but their starting pitching is just going to kill them.

Jays came sooooo close to tying the game in the 8th. Glaus almost hit a fly ball in the exactly right place for Ordonez to drop it and let Vernon Wells score, but he was stranded at third with the score 10-9.

Todd Jones will probably come in to pitch the 9th, though, so there's still hope.

Brandon Morrow made his debut for the M's yesterday. Morrow is diabetic, so I'm an instant fan.

Between Morrow and Wells, we could develop an All-Diabetic Pitching Staff.

Just kidding Al, but this Morrow kid has electric stuff. I bet he's the closer in Seattle before the year's over. Fantastic as he was last year, I'm not sure I buy into the JJ Putz hype.

Jorge Julio was the bad Jorge today and gave up three runs in the bottom of the ninth. He got batted all around the diamond and blew the game for the Marlins. Big win for the Nationals but their starting pitching is just going to kill them.

according to ESPN highlights Willingham lost the game with piss poor defense.

I'm not sure I buy the evidence, as it's just a buncha pictures of him touching his hat and commentary on him touching his hat and jersey. Most pitchers are fidgety like that. However, I wouldn't be completely surprised if he did have something extra. After all, he used to roll with Brendan Donnelly.

according to ESPN highlights Willingham lost the game with piss poor defense.

I haven't seen every play of the inning. The last play however was not a mistake on Willingham's part. Dmitri Young hit a flyball down the line deep enough to score a run on a sacrifice fly. If Willingham catches it, the game is over anyway. The Marlins' only hope was for the ball to land foul, and unfortunately it did not.

Guest Queen Leelee

I'm glad I picked up Julio in most of my leagues, with his 81.00 ERA.

I'm glad that all of my leagues had idiots that drafted him, so that I couldn't pick him up.

Thom Brennamann was just saying how the Cubs paid $40 million for Ted Lilly, despite Lilly only being 2 games over .500 for his career and having an ERA around 4.50, and Jeff Brantley let out a clearly audible derisive snort when the words "forty million dollars" came out. Brantley is awesome.

Joe Nathan is at the hospital with his wife who could give birth to their kid at any time and yet he said he'd get over to the park if the Twins need him to close the game tonight..haha..

I bet his wife will be pissed if she hears that..

Please the Twins have plenty of suitable replacements.

A big fuck you to DirecTV. The Twins game is blacked out locally. You can't even get the Oriole broadcasts, with extra innings.

I love watching the Orioles offense struggle vs a guy like Ramon Ortiz...anemic doesn't even begin to describe the Os offense this year so far.

Theyve got two guys doing anything right now (Tejada and Huff, the 4/5 guys) and everyone else sucks.

Juan Pierre got a bunt single. YEAH!

I'm going to purchase a Jason Schmidt jersey when I get the chance. I'll want this guys children before the end of the year.

Guest Queen Leelee

There's no way the O's can finish last!

4.00 ERA for all O's starters! Except Bedard who will win the Cy Young!

Guest Smues

Two run homer from McCann ties it up in Philly 2-2 in the 9th. Have I mentioned how glad I am we just signed him to a long year deal, even though it only covered I think 1 year of free agency?