TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

This Week in Baseball 4/1 - 4/8

It doesn't look like Joe Nathan is going to be rushing to the Metrodome anytime soon.

Wife had the baby half hour ago and he's on his way to the park now supposedly..according to the Os network anyway..

*Whoosh* goes the point over Marvin's head.

John Maine's final line...

7 IP, 1 H, 1 BB, 0 R, 6 K.

Hot damn, didn't expect that.

It doesn't look like Joe Nathan is going to be rushing to the Metrodome anytime soon.

Wife had the baby half hour ago and he's on his way to the park now supposedly..according to the Os network anyway..

Heh

It seems like some pitchers that sort of fell off last year are having good nights. I'm mainly talking about Tim Hudson and Josh Beckett. Schmidt also had a good night, but our offense is terrible. The power outage is going to kill us.

Guest Smues

Braves win their 2nd straight extra innings game 3-2 in 11 this time. Huzzah.

It seems like some pitchers that sort of fell off last year are having good nights. I'm mainly talking about Tim Hudson and Josh Beckett. Schmidt also had a good night, but our offense is terrible. The power outage is going to kill us.

Beckett's success was a bit deceiving. He only gave up two hits, but he walked four and threw only 46 strikes in 94 pitches. He's not going to be very effective if he keeps throwing so few strikes.

Can we call him the Maine Event now?

That's true. When looking at the box score on the second go-round, I saw how many fly balls he gave up. That won't work at Fenway.

Can we call him the Maine Event now?

Well, I'd rather not, but I'm pretty sure it's inevitable. There were plenty of people who brought signs to the playoffs during his starts declaring him as such. I imagine the trend'll continue once the Mets get back to Shea.

The Os could score a couple runs here in the 9th.

or not.

probably not.

Yeah, the Phillies could use some bullpen help.

Seems like it, but the bottom line is that the Phillies need to start scoring runs. They've now scored five runs in 21 innings.

Guest Smues

Seems like it, but the bottom line is that the Phillies need to start scoring runs. They've now scored five runs in 21 innings.

Surley it isn't the Phils hitters failing but the awesome amazing Braves pitching staff just being too great to hit!

Or not. But hey I can hope!

The Mets-Cards game was the biggest ass kicking I've seen in a baseball game in a long time. Maine was just unstoppable tonight and gave the Mets another solid pitching performance in this series. The Cardinals only had a man in scoring position TWICE the entire game and one of those times was on Duncan's double in the ninth inning when the game didn't matter anymore.

If I am a Cardinals fan I've got to be a little concerned after this series. You have a team that can't hit and score runs, can't play defense in the outfield, and whose bullpen is getting picked apart when they come into games. Tony LaRussa looked like he wanted to die around the eighth inning of tonight's game.

I know there's 159 games to go for both of these teams but I really like what I'm seeing out of the Mets so far as they look like a team that is energized and is playing with a ton of emotion out there and am not too impressed by the Cardinals.

The good news is that the Astros have the day off tomorrow. The bad news is that they have to play against the Cardinals on Friday. The good news is that the Cardinals have sucked worse than the 'Stros so far this season.

How long until the Philly media starts getting on the bullpen blowing leads?

How long until the Philly media starts getting on the bullpen blowing leads?

Tomorrow I bet.

It's premature, since only four of seven relievers have even logged innings, and two of those have yet to be scored upon.

If dumbass Victorino decides to stay put at 2nd instead of getting thrown out stealing in the 8th, the Phillies win that game. Then on top of that, Howard gets thrown out at home. 2 outs on the basepaths in the same inning in a tight game is inexcusable.

YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD, YES!

Finally, a win. Now we can go teach Barroid a lesson.

After Wrestlemania, I flipped over to the Cards/Mets game and caught the ninth. I commented to my friend, "the Mets are now a half game up. I bet the Phils don't see first again the rest of the season." Well, it's Wednesday and the lead is now 2 1/2 games.