TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

oAo ECW on Sci-Fi -- 4/3/2007

Wow, this match here at the end. That was a sick head-first bump Sabu just took through the f'n table.

EDIT:

Ok, the replay made it look not as bad, but still.

I'm just tired of the same 10-12 wrestlers every freaking show. Unfortunately I think this New Breed vs Originals stuff is going to drag on to ONS3.

It's not like its fodder. Every show uses the same people and usually in the same cycle. They have two central storylines and a champion that seems to be set working people from the other brands. The Stable Wars is a fine enough program for the C show. Punk keeps getting built up into a bigger star and is integrated as a key figure in the main storyline. Tonight's main event was a departure from the typical Raw main event and is doing a good job of keeping this storyline going and Punk hasn't even gotten truly involved yet. That opens a whole new world. Yes, you'll get Snitsky but that's one generic and pointless character while other shows are covered with them.

Would people like more clutter on the show to waste time in that one hour (less than that after commercials, or would you like at least one or two well built up feuds? Right now the show is all about the champ, Lashley, Snitsky being pushed to eventually face Lashley, a very short segment with the women, and the rest is all about CM Punk and the feud with The New Breed vs. The Originals.

I enjoy how someone finds something to bitch about after that mainevent......

hey now there will always be something to complain about!

I'm not bitching about the show in particular. Just ECW in general. They need to add at least five fresh faces to flesh out the roster and open up feud/match possibilities. WGTT is spinning it's wheels on Raw, Jamie Noble is never used o SD! and Paul Burchill should be on television somewhere.

I'm not bitching about the show in particular. Just ECW in general. They need to add at least five fresh faces to flesh out the roster and open up feud/match possibilities. WGTT is spinning it's wheels on Raw, Jamie Noble is never used o SD! and Paul Burchill should be on television somewhere.

Tue, adding people like Burchil, Knoble and WGTT could help but I think since it's a 60 minute show, having a smaller roster works for right now. The originals probably aren't hanging around past this angle, so I think once that ends, you can cycle new talent onto the show. No need to overload the show right now when it's a good balance.

I wanna see the return of the FBI and some more tag team matches WWE has 22 tag teams according to the Raw battle royale it would be nice to see them making cameos on ECW instead of "Hey its Smackdown midcard guy to challenge Lashley".

People need to forget about the pirate gimmick before Burchill gets a serious push somewhere. WGTT, London/Spanky, Jamie Noble-san would be great additions to ECW though.

I wanna see the return of the FBI and some more tag team matches WWE has 22 tag teams according to the Raw battle royale it would be nice to see them making cameos on ECW instead of "Hey its Smackdown midcard guy to challenge Lashley".

Actually, weren't a good deal of them paired up? Nitro-Miz, Helms-Chavo (although that looks more regular), Venis-Viscera(on again, off again), Kenny-Masters, Michaels-Cena (of course). Yes, adding a tag division would help if they used Originals, New Breed, WGTT and perhaps SCS as well but can't just jump all of them on ECW. As I said earlier, can't expand the roster so big with it being a 60 minute show.

People need to forget about the pirate gimmick before Burchill gets a serious push somewhere. WGTT, London/Spanky, Jamie Noble-san would be great additions to ECW though.

Burchil looks nothing like he does with the pirate gimmick and that was awhile ago. It's forgotten. Adding two-three teams would be fine but nothing more extreme.

So basically he either wants to see a very cluttered show like TNA has or we see each guy once every 3 weeks save a few guys that make it every week.

Actually, weren't a good deal of them paired up? Nitro-Miz, Helms-Chavo (although that looks more regular), Venis-Viscera(on again, off again), Kenny-Masters, Michaels-Cena (of course). Yes, adding a tag division would help if they used Originals, New Breed, WGTT and perhaps SCS as well but can't just jump all of them on ECW. As I said earlier, can't expand the roster so big with it being a 60 minute show.

Burchil looks nothing like he does with the pirate gimmick and that was awhile ago. It's forgotten. Adding two-three teams would be fine but nothing more extreme.

Actually I had no idea who half the teams were considering that only 3 of them got intros and I actually thought Tommy Dreamer lost his luggage and was wearing somebody's else shirt which it turned out to be either Deuce or Domino. I say move the rednecks, WGTT, London/Spanky and Hardys over. Let us forget about big oily greasy acme guy.

So basically he either wants to see a very cluttered show like TNA has or we see each guy once every 3 weeks save a few guys that make it every week.

Its not like they are building to a PPV or anything. Oh and the champion does not need to defend the belt every week.

All they really need to do is get a real challenger for Lashley but obviously it'll be Snitsky and the carousel of suck will continue but as long as the Punk Vs New Breed Vs Originals deal maintains as the top program that should be fine. Adding 3-4 more single workers or teams seperate is fine but again, it's a good balance right now.

I'll never understand Stevie's career in WWE. He's had his moments of exposure, but more often than not he's almost never used. All the while though, WWE seems to love the guy, and they use tapes of his matches as examples of how to work and sell in the ring. It just seems weird to me. Does he have another job behind the scenes?

So he's the skinny Val Venis... I expect both to be trainers or road agents when they finally decided to hang 'em up.

I really wish they'd do more with Stevie Richards, rather than just a jobber appearance every 3-4 weeks. Maybe they could do an angle where he's pissed because he's the "forgotten Original", and becomes a consultant to the New Breed, or something like that. At least get him on the mic once in a while.

Loved that main event last night. For about eight minutes it felt like 1997 again. Punk and Stevie also had a damn fine match.

That's what this brand should have looked like from the get-go.

Alright, I have to say, as one of the many against the whole changing of ECW, that is, only rarely having "Extreme Rules" matches, I now, don't think I'm that strongly against it.

Because as it stands now, when they do in fact have matches like last nights amazing main event, they seem a lot more 'special' so to speak. Not that it'd get "boring" (I dont think) if they had nothing but Extreme Rules matches, but I'm sure after a few weeks, they would become fairly repetitive, and it would lose some it's flare.

But after just watching that match, it was awesome. Crowd was on fire. And my thinking is part of that having to do with how little we do in fact get good 'Extreme rules' matches now. But everything seemed to click. And the Elijah Express as a regular finisher is good enough for me, so that ending was just way better, tenfold.

I still think they could make the rules a little bit "looser" for ECW (like no count outs, no lame DQs for using a chair outside the ring)...but yeah, I get your point about it being more special when they have tables and chairs in use for a main event.