TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

NBA - April 8-18

I actually think the series in the east that is likely for an upset is Toronto/New Jersey. The Raptors are the 3 seed but I'm really not sold on them at all going against Kidd, Carter, etc. Lebron vs. Carter in the 2nd round could be an interesting series.

The Cavs have a fairly easy path to the Eastern finals. They get a wrecked Wizards team (should be a sweep, maybe 5), then they get the iffy winner of Tor/NJ and they can take that series in about 6. The Pistons will have a struggle with either Miami or Chicago in that 2nd round.

Well, Golden State is in. Can't wait to hear everyone tell us how stupid we are all summer for making that midseason trade.

I hope no one's dumb enough to say that. Indy had some shit luck with injuries the second half of the season, but around the time of the trade, they looked like a 6-8 seed in the East for sure.

Well, Golden State is in. Can't wait to hear everyone tell us how stupid we are all summer for making that midseason trade.

Ya'll are stupid for making that midseason trade.

It can't be worse than "See? Golden State FINALLY lived up to their potential!"

Oh well,

Mavs/Warriors appeared fated from the start, so what can you do.

Disappointing season for the Clippers but they did a nice job of competing the last two months after they appeared be dead in the water

*bans Muggy*

I am happy for Golden State getting in, because their fans have suffered for a long time, so don't think it's anything personal in that regard (well, except for Jackson and Harrington).

My thing is, not every trade has a winner and a loser. I can't really speak for Josh Powell, but Golden State got three players who work out great under Nellie's philosophy, Stephen Jackson in particular. But on our side, there's a big difference between playing for Nellie and playing for Rick Carlisle, as Carlisle has a tough system to learn, and Nellie...doesn't. Like I said before, people should let us get through a training camp and then see how we play before judging this trade, but they won't.

One positive for the Warriors is that Jackson can't possibly play shittier than he did in last year's playoffs.

On another note, that game was pretty good. David West was excellent.

In thinking about it, I guess I'm glad that we're playing the Suns. They're the only team all year that's made our defense look like something other than shit, if only because we give them so many open shots that they miss. I'm not counting on it, but Kobe could go crazy and score 50 against them every night. Phoenix in 6.

Tonight couldn't have went any better. The first round is going to be great, especially Mavs/Warriors. I can't wait to see that. The only first round matchups that don't sound all that interesting are Pistons/Magic and Cavaliers/Wizards.

Tough night for the Bulls. Not only did they fall from the 2 seed and a possible Eastern Conference finals appearance to a probable first round defeat, but New York's win greatly reduced their chances of getting one of the top picks in this year's draft.

Tough night for the Bulls. Not only did they fall from the 2 seed and a possible Eastern Conference finals appearance to a probable first round defeat, but New York's win greatly reduced their chances of getting one of the top picks in this year's draft.

I don't have to repeat myself here, do I? The Bulls are more likelier to win that round than the Heat, Shaq/Wade or not.

Regardless of whether or not they can actually beat the Heat, the Bulls go into the series as the underdogs. If by some chance they do come out on top, they have to go face the Pistons. That's not an easy road no matter how you slice it. If they would have taken care of business last night they would have had a cake walk to the ECF.

Underdogs? All the experts on the internet and on ESPN had picked the Bulls to beat the Heat. I know that they have a tough road, and they probably won't make it to the NBA finals, or even the conference finals, but I can certainly give them ONE round over the Heat.

Underdogs? All the experts on the internet and on ESPN had picked the Bulls to beat the Heat. I know that they have a tough road, and they probably won't make it to the NBA finals, or even the conference finals, but I can certainly give them ONE round over the Heat.

Four out of the five ESPN guys picked the Heat, so I don't see where you are getting your info. But that's besides the point. All I'm trying to say is that Chicago really screwed themselves last night by blowing an easy chance at the ECF and ending up with the two best teams in the east.

Well on ATH, Mariotti, Armstrong and Blackistone picked the Bulls. On CBSSportsline, Tony Meija, who I don't like but is seen as the NBA guy on the site, picked the Bulls. But you're right. That's not the point. The Bulls might have screwed it up last night, but I'm not about to throw in the towel for those guys. They can beat anyone in the East except the Nets and maybe the Raptors. Just worry about the tank jobs your team has done, ok?

Considering you made a post complaining about the Celtics, I assumed it would be them. If I'm wrong, my apologies, but I just hate when people act like the Bulls loss last night was the apocalypse for them. They still have as much a good chance as any team not named Cleveland, to make the conference finals, Detroit and Miami included.

Considering you made a post complaining about the Celtics, I assumed it would be them. If I'm wrong, my apologies, but I just hate when people act like the Bulls loss last night was the apocalypse for them. They still have as much a good chance as any team not named Cleveland, to make the conference finals, Detroit and Miami included.

I've stated before that my man-love for the Red Sox does not extend to other east coast teams. I was born and raised on the west coast.

Just like any kid who grew playing and loving basketball in the 90s, I adored Michael Jordan and by proxy, the Chicago Bulls. They are not my team, but I have always had a soft spot in my heart for the team and I was disappointed by yesterday's outcome. When you play the defending champion in the first round, you are the underdog. That's just the ways things break. You can't get so defensive about your team. You did the same thing when I said that the White Sox were only the 4th best team in the Central based on talent. It's just an observation from an outside observer, not a personal attack on you or your team.

I'm just going to go with the Portland Trailblazers and the Seattle Seahawks. This reminds me when you ask a teacher what their religion is.