(1) Detroit vs (8) Orlando

(5) Cleveland vs (4) Miami

(3) Toronto vs (6) Washington

(2) Chicago vs (7) New Jersey

(1) Dallas vs (8) LA Clippers

(4) Utah vs (5) Houston

(3) San Antonio vs (6) Denver

(2) Phoenix vs (7) LA Lakers

Indiana is 1 game out of the 8 spot in the East, the Knicks are 3 out.

Golden State is 2 down on the loss side for the 8 spot in the West, with the Hornets one game behind them.

Dallas, Phoenix and San Antonio are locked into the top 3 seeds in the West, with Dallas needing just one win or Phoenix loss to clinch homecourt throughout the playoffs. Should Phoenix and San Antonio end up tied, San Antonio has the tiebreaker.

Utah and Houston will play each other in the first round. Neither team can go any higher or lower than 4-5.

Washington clinches a spot with a win or Indiana loss.

That's all I've got for now. I'm going to bed.

I bet the Wizards wish they could just slip out of the playoff picture altogether and avoid a sad first round sweep. Although if it guarantees Toronto an advance, I'm all for it.

It also seems like Houston and Utah are both trying their hardest to get the 5th spot, instead of the 4th.

The bottom of the west should be really interesting. Quite a few games between the teams in the last 10 days.

Dwyane Wade came back for the Heat tonight, and had 12 points and eight assists, but the Heat lost in OT to the Bobcats.

Today's afternoon game showed exactly why the Lakers should be terrified of finishing in the 7th spot instead of the 6th. Not only do they get the usual great effort by Kobe, Smush Parker plays about a million times better than normal, and they get Marion in foul trouble... But they still lose by 8. This won't be like last year when Amare's around to expose the Lakers weak front court. I guarantee it won't take the Suns 7 games to put 'em away this year.

I think we can beat them, but we really have no chance with the way things have been going. We have so many unhealthy players. They'd beat us in 5.

Tomorrow pretty much makes or breaks our season. If we lose, I'm gonna feel like shit for a while. This is...it.

Guest Queen Leelee

Phoenix will sweep LAL if they don't have an effective, healthy Odom. Unless The Rapist scores like 120 in a game, which would be necessary to outscore PHO by itself.

the season is too damn long. If they shaved off like 12 games, an even 70 or 68, it'd be perfect. I feel like the season's peaked and now these games are too anti-climactic, except for later seeding issues. Of course the NBA and owners would never go for it, b/c of the loss of revenue.

btw, I'd keep the actual length (in terms of weeks/months) the same, and just lessen the back-to-backs and "4 games in 5 nights".

Does anyone know the actual schedule of the playoffs? They have not been released yet, but I'd like to know if there's a chance for me to see them by the time I get home. I go home on the 28th and the last game of the season is the 18th. Raptors are seeded as a home team so odds are they will play at home first and early, so I'm thinking I may miss it.

Josh Smith gets suspended for 2 games for having words with mike Woodson last night. That got me to thinking. Who would I put on the all asshole team. Like the guys who just strike me as legitimate assholes and their teammates probably really don't like them that much or have to explain "Oh, thats just ________"

In no particular order:

Nate Robinson: Seriously, dude obviously has short man complex and seems like that type of guy that would need to be center of attention all the time. Just seems really assholish.

Shawn Marion: Its his constant whining every year about how he doesn't get respect and blah blah, plus he just has a certain arrogance about him that just makes him seem like he is a big asshole...which is funny because

Amare Stoudimire: Might possibly be a bigger asshole than Marion. And they are on the same team. You can tell they don't particuarly care for each other, and Amare really seems to have that "i am the greatest" asshole quality about him. Steve Nash is both of there wrangelers and can take them down a notch when needed.

Josh Smith: Everyone pretty much knows he is a asshole. Josh Childress is his wrangler. But the guy really has all the asshole qualities. dumb whine face when things don't go his way, screaming at a teammate for a bad pass or bad rotation...its all there.

Ben Wallace: really...just strikes me as a asshole. Not sure why...just seems assholish.

My bench would be the obvious assholes like Danny Fortson, Reggie Evans, Ruben patterson...you know...no suprises there.

Coach would be Jerry Sloan.

Does anyone know the actual schedule of the playoffs? They have not been released yet, but I'd like to know if there's a chance for me to see them by the time I get home. I go home on the 28th and the last game of the season is the 18th. Raptors are seeded as a home team so odds are they will play at home first and early, so I'm thinking I may miss it.

Going by last year's playoff schedule, they'd be up to the fourth game of the series by the 28th, if that helps.

I thought surely you would make Scott Skiles the coach.

Oh, trust me, i hate Scott Skiles and he was definately in the running, but Jerry Sloan has been an asshole for a very long time now.

But yeah, Skiles can forever kiss my ass for his run in Phoenix.

Josh Smith gets suspended for 2 games for having words with mike Woodson last night. That got me to thinking. Who would I put on the all asshole team. Like the guys who just strike me as legitimate assholes and their teammates probably really don't like them that much or have to explain "Oh, thats just ________"

In no particular order:

Nate Robinson: Seriously, dude obviously has short man complex and seems like that type of guy that would need to be center of attention all the time. Just seems really assholish.

Shawn Marion: Its his constant whining every year about how he doesn't get respect and blah blah, plus he just has a certain arrogance about him that just makes him seem like he is a big asshole...which is funny because

Amare Stoudimire: Might possibly be a bigger asshole than Marion. And they are on the same team. You can tell they don't particuarly care for each other, and Amare really seems to have that "i am the greatest" asshole quality about him. Steve Nash is both of there wrangelers and can take them down a notch when needed.

Josh Smith: Everyone pretty much knows he is a asshole. Josh Childress is his wrangler. But the guy really has all the asshole qualities. dumb whine face when things don't go his way, screaming at a teammate for a bad pass or bad rotation...its all there.

Ben Wallace: really...just strikes me as a asshole. Not sure why...just seems assholish.

My bench would be the obvious assholes like Danny Fortson, Reggie Evans, Ruben patterson...you know...no suprises there.

Coach would be Jerry Sloan.

Yo forgot to add Smush Parker

Dude bitches all the time about playing time, never celebrates with his team and many time sits by himself during time outs instead of being in the huddle.

Like his quote about the Suns game last night since he got to play and managed to have a good game offensively

"I had a ball. We lost, but I had fun."

Smush bitches about everything. When Kobe put up his 60 point games, Smush said that he could do that, and that he wasn't wowed. He bitched about getting benched against the Clippers during the 4th quarter too. I hope Reggie Evans puts his elbow on that motherfucker's throat tonight.

I hate that guy.

I remember at the start of last year when everyone was on his nuts and I was pointing out that there was a reason that he got ran out of Cleveland and Phoenix(yes, dude complained during a 10 day contract).

But seriously, when exactly did he decide that he should save his energy for the offensive end? The whole reason he was able to stick with the Lakers was because of his defensive pressure. Now he Vince Cartering it out there.

After the Raptors trounced the Bulls last night, they have a legitimate shot at 2nd place. Not really sure I want to face Jersey when we could get the Washington sweep that is guaranteed to whoever is 3rd but beating Vince Carter would be pretty sweet.

The east should be scared. Toronto's really rounding into form and they're peaking without Bargnani (one of their hardest guys to position against). He's back this week and thus making their depth unrivalled in the East. Along with Bosh they have several bigs to eat up minutes (Rasho, Humphries), 2 legitimate point guards who could run the game (Ford, Calderon), several shooters (Bargnani, Peterson), several energy scorers (Graham, Dixon) and a quality glue guy who does everything (Parker). That kind of depth will be really big come playoff time. Although I still REALLY don't want to play Miami.

PS: Juan Dixon has been a phenomenal pick up.

Bulls only have 4 games left, they'd be stupid to blow the #2 spot, but if they do, it won't be to Toronto. Cleveland's still right there. Don't forget them.

I have trouble buying into Cleveland as a contender. Chicago, Toronto, Miami and Detroit have improved as the stakes have gotten higher while the Cavs have been in a rut. As long as Lebron continues to believe his "on/off" switch is all the effort he needs to give, the Cavs are going nowhere. And even if he plays out of his mind, they won't get far.

PS: I may have said Toronto has a shot at the 2 seed but that doesn't mean I think they'll get it. I'd bet on Chicago hanging onto it and avoiding the Heat in round 1.

I could totally see Toronto making it to the ECF if the standings stay the way they are. I love the current the setup in the East, because 2 of the 3 big name teams will be gone by the end of the second round, leaving the door open for Toronto to make it to their first ECF (if I'm not mistaken) or for Chicago to get back there for the first time since the Jordan years. Either way, there should be a likeable team deep in the East playoffs.

I haven't opened my mouth to speak since Sasha kicked that ball. I've heard so many Laker fans over the last few days say that they would rather play the Suns than the Spurs. I would like to have them all drug tested.

I would rather play Dallas than Phoenix. That's not a joke.

Damn it fuck, looks like the Clippers will have to finish 4-2 or 5-1 to hold off Golden State

It looks like the Clippers best hope will be if they pass the Lakers.

Clippers have to beat Hornets tomorrow and Lakers on Thurday, and then hope Lakers lose one more game than they do in the final games.

Great day today. The Rockets FINALLY passed Utah (who's been struggling for weeks) in the win column to get on the inside track for home court in the first round.

Oh, and I really want Golden State to get into the playoffs. Something tells me it'd be really fun to watch them drive Dallas nuts by not trying on D and running 'em worse than the Suns. They'd do the job for sure, but I'd love to see 'em go out there with the "fuck it, we're just gonna throw everything we've got at them anyway" attitude and just piss Dallas off before getting killed.

It'd be more entertaining than the routine 4/5-game job the Clips would do, anyway.

Great day today. The Rockets FINALLY passed Utah (who's been struggling for weeks) in the win column to get on the inside track for home court in the first round.

Oh, and I really want Golden State to get into the playoffs. Something tells me it'd be really fun to watch them drive Dallas nuts by not trying on D and running 'em worse than the Suns. They'd do the job for sure, but I'd love to see 'em go out there with the "fuck it, we're just gonna throw everything we've got at them anyway" attitude and just piss Dallas off before getting killed.

It'd be more entertaining than the routine 4/5-game job the Clips would do, anyway.

Golden State playing Dallas to a six or seven-game series is the worst thing that could possibly happen... to the Suns.

It could go two ways. Either Dallas would get used to the pace and be ready for the suns, or they will get used to playing so open then run into a suns team that is easily twice the defensive team that Golden state is. Plus, I don't think Dallas wants to have to run like that for two rounds.

Of course all this is determined on the Suns getting past San Antonio so I won't talk to much because that could very well not happen.

Even if Dallas and Phoenix advanced to the next round, why would they play each other? Wouldn't Dallas play Utah/Houston/Denver and Phoenix playing Utah/San Antonio?

edit: In reference to the comment about Dallas playing Phoenix after the Golden State series which would be the first round matchup.