Mets (John Maine) at Phillies (Freddy Garcia), 7:00/4:00 PM, ESPN

WEDNESDAY

Indians (Jeremy Sowers) at Yankees (Kei Igawa), 7:00/4:00 PM, ESPN2

SATURDAY

Yankees at Red Sox, 3:55/12:55 PM, FOX

Cardinals at Cubs, 3:55/12:55 PM, FOX

SUNDAY

Yankees at Red Sox, 8:00/5:00 PM, ESPN

I don't care about the Dodgers but it is fun reading about people having problems with the new parking system at the stadium. How could it take an hour to go less than a mile, from the off ramp to the stadium entrance?

Guest Queen Leelee

That's a very rude topic title, and I request that it be changed.

Guest Eagle Man

Cap Anson was a racist. BUT, COMMA, he was a fine player for Chicago's National League team, and should be honored accordingly.

http://www.firejoemorgan.com/search/label/hawk%20harrelson

I really don't get the whole "Paulie" thing, and that's just a minor aspect of this whole train wreck.

They were just saying that Konerko was up. I'm amazed they took a second away from slurping Erstad to do it, even though they sound like complete homer tools for announcing a player as "Paulie."

Who was a worse racist-Ty Cobb or Cap Anson?

Ty Cobb. Cap Anson campaigned to get black players out of baseball, yes. The problem is that at that time in history, EVERYTHING became segregated. Anson did not take a position contrary to history, and while that's unfortunate that was simply the tune of the times. Even Cobb's attitudes regarding minorities were not uncommon for a player of his place and time.

looks like BJ Ryan needs Tommy John surgery from what Mike & Mike in the Morning are reporting via Buster Olney.

aww

ANYWAY..

Os play the D-Rays and Blue Jays this week. Time to feast on the AL East hopefully..but I bet they dont do better than 4-2.

Patterson is out for the DRays series due to his grandfather dying.

Guest Eagle Man
http://www.firejoemorgan.com/search/label/hawk%20harrelson

I really don't get the whole "Paulie" thing, and that's just a minor aspect of this whole train wreck.

They were just saying that Konerko was up. I'm amazed they took a second away from slurping Erstad to do it, even though they sound like complete homer tools for announcing a player as "Paulie."

No, I know that he was up, I'm just baffled as to why Hawk, DJ, Farmer, and Singleton all refer to him as Paulie, all the time. Never Konerko, never Paul Konerko. Just Paulie. It's very homer-toolish, and worse when you add in the radio ads with the two South Side meatballs going "ay, jew see da Sox last year? Dyin' Tomy were hittin' homers all over da place, and den Paulie passed Fisk AND Baines on da all-time list!" "YEH AN YOU DINT EVEN MENTION AYJAY AND DA GOOCH!" Then there's something about how 3rd place was unacceptable and if they're not in first place nobody cares. It's just really obnoxious. "Paulie." AY PAULIE GIMME SOMMORE WINE WILL YA.

Oh, and how about Darrin Jackson's mixed metaphor there? "Heads and above the rest"?!? Oh, man.

" . . . there are some guys who play in the big leagues who are really not baseball players." Ben Sheets is actually a claims adjuster. What's he doing here? Somebody go tell him!

looks like BJ Ryan needs Tommy John surgery from what Mike & Mike in the Morning are reporting via Buster Olney.

Anything that anyone says at this point is sheer speculation, because the Jays don't even know what the problem is. He's going to see Dr. Andrews in Birmingham today, though, which is never a good sign.

Guest Queen Leelee

Ty Cobb. Cap Anson campaigned to get black players out of baseball, yes. The problem is that at that time in history, EVERYTHING became segregated. Anson did not take a position contrary to history, and while that's unfortunate that was simply the tune of the times. Even Cobb's attitudes regarding minorities were not uncommon for a player of his place and time.

He took a position. He put in writing that he refused to play with blacks. I understand the times he was in that slavery existed and such, but don't make Anson sound like he was just one of the people going along with whatever anyone else wanted.

What about celebrating it now as a horrible attempt at trying to be witty.

Guest Eagle Man

Anyway, I was looking at the Yankees' website, and saw the headline:

Notes: Farnsworth spots flaw

I'm guessing Kyle assessed the situation and said "Oh, here's the problem! I'm not very good at baseball!"

He took a position. He put in writing that he refused to play with blacks. I understand the times he was in that slavery existed and such, but don't make Anson sound like he was just one of the people going along with whatever anyone else wanted.

What about celebrating it now as a horrible attempt at trying to be witty.

Anson took a position. It was not unpopular, nor was it uncommon. It was wrong. The problem is, what allowed segregation to occur not only in the American Association, but in the whole of organized baseball? Remember ten years later, John L. Sullivan refused to fight black contenders. It was an institution. It would have occurred whether or not Cap Anson ever played Major League Baseball.

The mere mention of Cap Anson does not imply racism. Bored is not disparaging any race in any shape or manner. There is nothing wrong with the subtitle.

Anything that anyone says at this point is sheer speculation, because the Jays don't even know what the problem is. He's going to see Dr. Andrews in Birmingham today, though, which is never a good sign.

Will Carroll's saying that there's nothing wrong and he's just going to see Andrews so that he knows there's nothing wrong. So yeah, it's all speculation and no one knows what's going on.

Guest Smues

Gameday shows that Vlad got plunked and then left due to injury. Where'd he get hit?

I bet he was swinging at the pitch when it hit him. There's been alot of pretty major injuries so far this year. Couple that with the strange weather and this season's off to a weird-ass start.

I bet he was swinging at the pitch when it hit him. There's been alot of pretty major injuries so far this year. Couple that with the strange weather and this season's off to a weird-ass start.

Actually, he did start to swing. Didn't break his wrist, though.

Bad news in the Bronx. Mussina and Pavano both placed on the 15-day DL.

I really wish FSN Wisconsin would stop showing these meaningless Bucks games so I can actually watch the Brewers.

ESPN/FOX Games to Poison Our Youth

MONDAY

Mets (John Maine) at Phillies (Freddy Garcia), 7:00/4:00 PM, ESPN

WEDNESDAY

Indians (Jeremy Sowers) at Yankees (Kei Igawa), 7:00/4:00 PM, ESPN2

SATURDAY

Yankees at Red Sox, 3:55/12:55 PM, FOX

Cardinals at Cubs, 3:55/12:55 PM, FOX

SUNDAY

Yankees at Red Sox, 8:00/5:00 PM, ESPN

All games have been called off due to rain and the wicked awesomeness of the NHL playoff games.

This has been the most miserable openings to a baseball season I've ever experienced. The teams only get their games in half the time and when they do play, they stink. Both in performance and excitement. I took six days off of work but couldn't travel to any baseball games because it was either too cold, raining, snowing, or all three.

I really wish FSN Wisconsin would stop showing these meaningless Bucks games so I can actually watch the Brewers.

Agreed. I guess they are fulfilling contractual obligations, though. (Meaning, they don't have a choice right now).

This has been the most miserable openings to a baseball season I've ever experienced. The teams only get their games in half the time and when they do play, they stink. Both in performance and excitement. I took six days off of work but couldn't travel to any baseball games because it was either too cold, raining, snowing, or all three.

Yeah...Derek Jeter (I think) actually said something right last week when he said that MLB should make sure as many early season games occur in warm weather or dome stadiums as possible in the future.