TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

This Week in Baseball 4/16 - 4/22

Guest Richard McBeef

Wilbon is a Cubs fan, why would he downplay the importance of a game with his team's biggest rival?

EDIT: hey is it just me or does Derrek Lee kinda suck this year? As goes Lee, so go the Cubs, I guess.

Guest Richard McBeef

I haven't watched Pardon The Interruption in about two and a half years now. I had always been gone from 3.30 to 5. The things I miss!

There's not much of a point in watching both ATH and PTI, since they generally cover the exact same topics (On top of that, Rome is on at 4:30). Unless you want 6-8 different clueless assholes yelling about the same things in an action packed hour of talking heads.

Guest Queen Leelee

ATH hates Alexander more, and I find them funny.

I'm starting to like Mariotti more because he doesn't even hide what a dick he is.

Oof, it's looking a lot like a sweep at the hands of Baltimore and a 5-game losing streak for the Jays. They just look completely flat, maybe disheartened at all the injuries. It's still early yet, but getting a potential 4.5 games down to Boston can't be good.

First sweep of the Blue Jays by the Orioles in 13 years. That is one heck of a long streak to avoid being swept and being unable to sweep a team. And the Orioles are doing it with mostly doubles and singles to get guys home. I like they aren't just slugging the ball out of the park for runs but depending more on timely hitting, speed, pitching and defense.

Jays still scare the hell out of me though cause once they get healthy, they are going to be one dangerous team.

This year is going to go down Just like a couple years ago when the Os started out hot and fell flat around the middle of June...

BAH

THIS IS THE ORIOLES YEAR !

6 in a row at home for the first time since August of 04. 8 wins in their last 9 games. The next stretch of games vs Oakland/Boston/@ Cleveland/@ Detroit should be interesting.

Guest Richard McBeef

I thought the '05 Orioles crapped the bed in early August, when the Palmiero stuff went down.

I thought the '05 Orioles crapped the bed in early August, when the Palmiero stuff went down.

Actually, that's when they started to rally back. They lost 16 of 18 right after the All-Star break.

The Jays hitters haven't had a good game in over a week now. It's really frustrating since most of the time the starting pitching has been really good (they didn't have a bad start, really, since Burnett's start last Saturday against the Tigers until today), but either they can't get enough runs and/or the bullpen blows it. Hopefully Glaus is back soon, he was actually hitting well when he went down, as opposed to most everyone else in the line-up.

They went 16-7 in April and 15-13 in May (31-20). They started off June ok and were 14 games over .500 on June 21st going 11-8 up to that point, but they finished June 1-7 (43-35)..from there on it was downhill..8-18 in July (going under .500 on July 30th), 11-17 in August, 10-18 in September..but hey..they went 2-0 in October!

So they blew 14 games over .500 and first place in the A.L. East in about a month starting in late June.

Oh, and interestingly enough last year on this date the Os lost to the Yankees to fall to 11-8. They had been 11-7, which was the most games they were over .500 the whole season and they fell under .500 for good on May 1st.

We finally lost. I'm ok with dropping one to the Pirates as long as business is taken care of within the division, which it has been. I can't believe that Luis Gonzalez is playing so well. Los Angeles is the fountain of youth for players that are close to being finished, if I say so myself. Kent, Gonzo, and Nomar? Must be the sunlight.

Fun to see those 4 HR's skyrocket out of the Fenway back-to-back-to-back-to-back.

I knew Willy Mo was gonna strike out though. Guy is too aggressive at the plate and has a bad habit of chasing breaking balls (which is the pitch that got the K to end the inning).

The fuck? Never feel sorry for the Yankees.

Great game though. I missed the 4 homeruns because I went to do something, hit pause, came back and started watching again. But I changed the channel by mistake, so it went away. I was pissed off once I heard about it.

I think its safe to say that JD Drew has shut up every nay-sayer that spoke against his signing here. He looks as productive as he was during his season in Atlanta.

Alot of people that I work with are down on Daisuke already too. I still feel he's getting use to a different structure in rotation and routine, but once that's settled he'll be fine. He actually had A-Rod looking flatout confused up there last night. First time all year I've seen him with that many ugly swings in a game.

I think its safe to say that JD Drew has shut up every nay-sayer that spoke against his signing here. He looks as productive as he was during his season in Atlanta.

I wouldn't say that just yet, given that the biggest knock on him was that he can't stay on the field. Let's see if he can play 150 games this year. He is off to a good start, though.

I'm not as upset with the last two games as I was the first, mainly because we were trotting out our 6th and 8th starters. The good thing that came out of this series was that we smacked around Boston's top 3 starters.