TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
lomasmoney

Shooting at Virginia Tech Campus

The student government is asking the media to leave campus tomorrow so they aren't in students faces when they are going to class asking "Do you feel safe here?!?! HUH? HUH?" However, I'm sure the media will refuse the request saying that they have a "right to know" what is going on.

According to Newt Gingrich & Rush Limbaugh, this is all liberals' fault.

I'm suprised Michael Savage hasn't.

Let's be real, the bodies weren't even cold before people on both sides started pointing fingers.

Can we please ban gary floyd from the CE Folder? He's worse then C-Bacon.

Can we please ban the CE folder? No one really knows what they're talking about and cite internet sources to make themselves seem smarter.

/sarcasm

I was going to make a facetious comment about how either of those 2 could basically politicize anything, even the most trivial inconvenience, but every example I thought of was followed by a theory of how it could actually be done.

Guest Tzar Lysergic
Once again, can we please ban C-Bacon from the CE folders?

BTW, I read the quoted post, you fucking waste. (I'm talking to him.)

This has nothing to do with the topic.

Back on track, it is inevitable that this is going to come down to a tradeoff between Civil Liberties and Personal Safety. Since sweeping gun bans are completely ignorant and ridiculous, it will likely end up with a gun control bill centered on adding mental health to background checks. While I don't think we should hand assault weapons to schizos, what if someone was treated for depression a decade ago? Do they get to exercise their rights? Doesn't this open the door to restrict guns to people with other disabilities? What if their vision is terrible, or they're deaf? How would a background check even access someone's medical records?

I'd say they could split the difference and refuse gun sales to anyone currently under treatment or on medication for any of those illnesses, but it'll be an all or nothing type deal as usual which never solves the problem.

There is no reasonable way to prevent this from happening directly.

The big issue to me is the overattention given to Cho. He needs a big fat helping of being ignored.

There is no reasonable way to prevent this from happening directly.

The big issue to me is the overattention given to Cho. He needs a big fat helping of being ignored.

leave it to the media to glorify the villians!

Staff members of an elementary school staged a fictitious gun attack on students during a class trip, telling them it was not a drill as the children cried and hid under tables.

The mock attack Thursday night was intended as a learning experience and lasted five minutes during the weeklong trip to a state park, said Scales Elementary School Assistant Principal Don Bartch, who led the trip.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18645623/