TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight is going to have a presence at the New York Comic Con in about two weeks, so maybe the latest viral stuff is leading to a new trailer that will debut there. I wouldn't be surprised to see another scavenger hunt start up there, either. Whatever happens, I hope they don't screen exclusive footage like they did last time.

Apparently they had a Press Conference on Dent's website today at 3:00 EDT. I went there just about 10 minutes ago, and there was just statticy audio. Did anyone else see/ hear what happened? The static makes me think that they had it, but "had trouble" near the end and Dent ended up getting cut off by the group that is trying to down him.....

Does anyone know what happened for sure?

And E-mail I just recieved stemming from [email protected].

My friend,

Indictments are about to be handed down. If you don't want your name on one, we'll need your full cooperation in an upcoming operation.

In case you haven't heard, we are struggling with a bit of corruption in the department. I'm not about to let the Gotham PD collapse in on itself, so we're taking action. We've identified a group of offenders that need to be apprehended. Problem is, most of these cops are hightailing it out of the city. But a C.I. just like you just gave us some information on their last known whereabouts. Now all we need is to catch them. This is where you come in.

Consider yourself on deck. I'll contact you next week, and let’s just say it's in your best interest to play along. County's not a place you want to spend the rest of your life.

Lt. Jim Gordon, MCU

Odd. What did you sign up for that got you that email?

We'll get a new trailer through the viral marketing in about two weeks. They showed it at Comic Con yesterday. There are a few descriptions out there. Here's one from IGN:

April 19, 2008 - It wasn't on the panel lineup. It wasn't advertised. It wasn't supposed to be here. But the fact that Warner Bros didn't signal a new trailer for the Dark Knight was going to be in New York didn't stop the company from surprising attendees just prior to their presentation for The Spirit (check back with IGN later in the day for details on that panel).

Paul Levitz, President of DC Comics, came out just after Marvel's Incredible Hulk panel ended to address the attendees. Due to a packed schedule he wasn't able to say too much, but kicked off the first new footage for Christopher Nolan's eagerly anticipated sequel. This is the first time footage from the film has been shown since the IMAX footage and trailer debuted. Levitz noted that this particular trailer was set to debut "in a couple weeks."

Images were flying fast and furious, but here are some of our quick impressions.

The trailer repurposed some older clips, remixing them into something that seemed more plot-centric than the Joker centered piece from last time. Extended sequences featuring Rachel Dawes meeting the Clown Prince of Crime were shown, and attendees also caught more of a glimpse of what appears to be a love triangle/feud that develops between Bruce Wayne, Harvey Dent and Dawes.

While Two Face was entirely absent, a couple hints were dropped about Dent's dark future. As usual, the Joker was the star of the show. A significant portion of the trailer featured Heath Ledger's much-hyped performance. The trailer revealed what appeared to be the genesis of Joker's rise to power in Gotham, with him meeting with a group of people (the mob?), saying the answer to their problems is to kill Batman. That segued into the amazing sequence from the first trailer where Batman and the Joker have a showdown in the middle of the streets.

Our opinion of what we saw? It's more of the jaw-dropping, drool-inducing stuff we've seen throughout the past year. In a way we weren't as blown away by this trailer as the first because we pretty much just want to see the movie. We don't want any more teasers or glimpses. We know Ledger's Joker is breathtaking. Simply put, we just want to see what has easily become our most anticipated film of the year. (And just so you don't rush to conclusions, what we saw was still impressive.)

In a couple weeks, all will be revealed. Keep an eye out for the new trailer, particularly through the Warner Bros viral campaign. Levitz mentioned something to the effect of finding hints and clues to see the trailer again.

Stay tuned to IGN for the latest news from New York Comic-Con. From movies to television to comics to anime, we've got tons of news for you to check out. You can access our New York Comic-Con hub by looking to our Comic-Con graphic at the top of this article.

And MTV has a really good breakdown that's pretty dialog heavy so I won't post the entirety of it, but check out this gem:

- In one of the most foreboding moments of the trailer, Dent emphatically states “You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.”

I really like the way the rusty brown colors from Batman Begins contrast with the cold blue color scheme of The Dark Knight. It ranges from the posters to the movies, it looks like. I guess Batman Begins is the literal sun setting on Gotham and The Dark Knight is just that...the darkest night in Gotham City. Escalation, nightfall, et cetra.

I really like the way the rusty brown colors from Batman Begins contrast with the cold blue color scheme of The Dark Knight. It ranges from the posters to the movies, it looks like. I guess Batman Begins is the literal sun setting on Gotham and The Dark Knight is just that...the darkest night in Gotham City. Escalation, nightfall, et cetra.

Good point here, I hadn't picked up on that yet but, thinking off all the images/graphics and clips that have come out so far, it's definately there.

If you wanna read too much into it, the posters have actually told a story using nothing but visuals. The original teaser posters illustrate The Joker doing street level crimes (graffiti with blood). Next you have the international teasers with Batman overlooking a serene Gotham City from inside a skyscraper on one and The Joker walking into the city on the other. And now this: giant explosion with the Batman down on the street, having come down from his tower. Sinking to The Joker's level, perhaps? If it's a world without rules The Joker wants, he has to get Batman to break his "one rule".

I agree with you on the Joker teaser assessment. I was fascinated by the image of Batman looking down on the city.

TheDarkKnight_International_TeaserPoster-729291.jpg

I looked at it as Gotham City being a prison for Batman and him being stuck inside the cell. It seems that way with the way the windows appear.

Here is the Joker one.... there are is also a Batman and a Harvey Dent one.... as well as a third one with all three on one poster.

post-4554-1209412169_thumb.jpg

Here is the Joker one.... there are is also a Batman and a Harvey Dent one.... as well as a third one with all three on one poster.

Sweet, new desktop.

That looks incredibly sleek, would be the best word I can think of. It's really simple, yet really creepy at the same time. Can't wait for this movie.

Wow... I like the casualness that Ledger brought to his version of Joker.

Y'know, I don't think I've ever been this excited over a movie in my life.